Modi sarkar economic reforms/governance performance thread

FischerTal

I said similar in reference to in any state passing of mother tounge language is necessary to pass 10 the exams. For ex can u pass through in state board schools without studying Marathi?Similarly Hindi in UP or Bengali in Bengal? Pls correct me if I am wrong ?
You said that passing Hindi in 10th is not compulsory. I was just pointing out that in Maharashtra, Hindi is indeed a compulsory third language. When I was in school (a long long time ago), Hindi was the compulsory 3rd language till 8th. Then, for 9th and 10th, you had an option between Hindi & Sanskrit (50 marks each) or Hindi and French (50 marks each) as a compulsory third language. I don't know if it is still the case. But it does help to learn the language spoken by a large majority of Indians, especially when you travel in India or even outside and you want to connect with other Indians.

Dude.. His actions speak ...First PM to perform Ganga Aarthi...Never before had a PM openly proclaimed his religious belief.. He went and offered prayers to Pashupathinath temple in nepal..even donated 2500 kgs of sandalwood.. Just listen to his speech to doctors at reliance foundation..he asked them to take inspiration from ancient India...examples include Lord Ganesh's plastic surgery etc.. His speech In UN refers to Vasudaiva kutumbakam quote from the vedas... he wanted to visit birthplace of Sita recently.... I can go on and on....Do you remember any PM of India so promoting a belief like him...
a PM cannot practise his religion then? Wow! Is that what's written in the constitution?

Not all us want a single langauge imposed for the entire country. A single language may emerge some time in the future naturally if Indian people move around the country and are allowed to live peacefully in different states and learn the local language. You move to south india, learn to speak our languages, we will move to your states some time in the future and we will learn your languages and whatever emerges out of this intermingling will the langauge of india in 50 or 60 years. But if you want everybody by hook or crook to learn your langauge and allow our langauge to die out. That is not acceptable. Where is our contribution to the single langauge that all indians will speak in the far of future if you impose a single language hindi on all of us?This is not communist china or pakistan. We are a diverse set of people, our desire to stay together is what binds as a nation. You try to mess with that in order to convert us into your imaginary super race of germans or english who speak a single language, follow the same religion and worship the same god, the nation will fall apart.

German controversy: Smriti Irani’s order effectively makes Sanskrit a must for KVs

The Ministry of Human Resource Development may have promised to allow students to pick any modern Indian language as their third language after removing German as an option in Kendriya Vidyalayas, but the decision may effectively mean a return to the KVs’ earlier policy where Sanskrit had been made the mandatory third language owing to logistical difficulties. Top government officials admitted that scrapping German as third language means “a return to the earlier policy where Sanskrit was mandatory”. Explaining this, sources said that after KVs decided to adopt the Three Language Formula in 1988, regional languages were initially to be made available as third language options. However, this system could never be implemented effectively because of logistical issues and because of the difficulty in maintaining uniformity. Thus, in 2001, KVs passed an order making Hindi, English and Sanskrit mandatory as the three languages, allowing the option of a regional language only as an additional subject, if 15 or more students opted for it. This system carried right up to 2011 till German was brought in as an option. Around 500 KVs were offering German.
http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/german-row-iranis-order-effectively-makes-sanskrit-a-must-for-kvs/

And talking about the language debate and the nonsense debate over Sankrit, so why was German "forced" to students at the first place? There is absolutely no sense for this German "ideology". There is a lot of incorrect information on this. And the article below is one brilliant piece on this issue The Fake Language Debate
This crook at mediacrooks should apply the reasoning he gives in his article about english and german to the language sanskrit instead and then he will know what the "ideology" is.
At many schools in Gujarat (especially places like Rajkot) parents and teachers of English medium schools have told me “We prefer English medium but our kids cannot speak Englishâ€. I had to tell the parents that their kids go to English medium schools but what happens when they get home? At home parents watch “Saas-Bahu†soaps on TV and the kids join in. The movies they watch are mostly Hindi. Their newspapers are Gujarati. They do not watch any English programmes of any sort. Even Discovery and History channels have turned into Hindi or other Indian languages. English movies are dubbed in Hindi. By the way, even teachers in such schools talk to other teachers and students in Gujarati. So the child which doesn’t hear or listen to English except as a medium of teaching anywhere will obviously not learn to speak English well or confidently. Speaking requires listening and conversing. Writing requires reading. Many students fail to answer questions in exams just because they were not able to comprehend the question (and this affects their performance in Math and Science too). And we blabber about a foreign language as a third language? So when the HRD ministry recently replaced German with Sanskrit the usual suspects started screaming “Ideologyâ€. That’s what you expect of foreign propagandist NDTV: Despite grand MOUs and bogus talk of being global citizens by learning foreign languages, our schools and govts are not even capable of providing teachers for the subject. We don’t produce enough teachers for even regular subjects. Mind you, I am not even talking about good, skilled teachers. They can’t even provide basic teachers. And this nonsensical fancy of govts fails because students don’t have an environment where they can hone the extra-language skills which I already explained with the Gujarat schools of English medium. To be truly learning a language students need a reasonable environment which uses that language. Students who learn German or French in later years do so better when they are better surrounded by such an environment such as the Goethe institute or Alliance Francaise where a majority of transactions and conversations are in that language. They learn it easier in a crash-course of 3 or 6 months because it’s a focused course and they teach only one language there and not with Geometry as an optional subject.

This crook at mediacrooks should apply the reasoning he gives in his article about english and german to the language sanskrit instead and then he will know what the "ideology" is.
You obviously didn't understand the point the blogger was trying to make........

Dude.. His actions speak ...First PM to perform Ganga Aarthi...Never before had a PM openly proclaimed his religious belief.. He went and offered prayers to Pashupathinath temple in nepal..even donated 2500 kgs of sandalwood.. Just listen to his speech to doctors at reliance foundation..he asked them to take inspiration from ancient India...examples include Lord Ganesh's plastic surgery etc.. His speech In UN refers to Vasudaiva kutumbakam quote from the vedas... he wanted to visit birthplace of Sita recently.... I can go on and on....Do you remember any PM of India so promoting a belief like him...
yeah,so what?

You said that passing Hindi in 10th is not compulsory. I was just pointing out that in Maharashtra, Hindi is indeed a compulsory third language. When I was in school (a long long time ago), Hindi was the compulsory 3rd language till 8th. Then, for 9th and 10th, you had an option between Hindi & Sanskrit (50 marks each) or Hindi and French (50 marks each) as a compulsory third language. I don't know if it is still the case. But it does help to learn the language spoken by a large majority of Indians, especially when you travel in India or even outside and you want to connect with other Indians.
I said passing of mother tongue language is necessary. The reason I asked that was becoz the order passed was not banning hindi as u seem to think , it was making Tamil compulsory 2nd language . In fact Urdu and foreign languages teaching in govt aided minority schools instead of Tamil was what initially triggered this uproar not Hindi. That's why I provided the link for basic premise of the issue As for the bolded part that is for us to worry. If need Hindi we will learn on their own accord. No need to enforce unconstitutionally a language thats useless to our daily life

How an educated person can argue for Sanskrit over German in current context of world, it's beyond me. You may have your preferences in leaders but that doesn't mean you support any irrationality. I studied Sanskrit upto class 10th as mandatory subject for all 10 years (in my last exam I had 49 out of 50) and I can easily say this was one subject which I studied so long and used least, by far, for rest of my life which includes umpteen number of subjects I went through during 16 years of formal education. Absolute waste. Forget German, I would rather prefer (over Sanskrit) to study Tamil, Telugu, Bengali, Kannada and any other regional languages (which we show scant respect for) which are spoken by millions of other Indians and would have helped me during my stay in Chennai or Bangalore.

^^Sanskrit will not work. Not practical. We can only chant shlokas in temples and cannot be used to practically converse and do business. This is not because of Dravidian pride' date= but pragmatism.
Except, that is not true. Since 90% of the Sanskrit manuscripts are of the non-religious variety. Panini didn't write ashtdhyayi so that priests could sing the vedas in the correct meter. Hebrew was a dead language in 1948. Now it is not.

How an educated person can argue for Sanskrit over German in current context of world, it's beyond me. You may have your preferences in leaders but that doesn't mean you support any irrationality. I studied Sanskrit upto class 10th as mandatory subject for all 10 years (in my last exam I had 49 out of 50) and I can easily say this was one subject which I studied so long and used least, by far, for rest of my life which includes 16 years of formal education. Absolute waste. Forget German, I would rather prefer (over Sanskrit) to study Tamil, Telugu, Bengali, Kannada and any other regional languages (which we show scant respect for) which are spoken by millions of other Indians and would have helped me during my stay in Chennai or Bangalore.
I havent heard of any school having sankskrit from Standard 1. Most of them have Sanskrit from secondary school or standard 8.

Except, that is not true. Since 90% of the Sanskrit manuscripts are of the non-religious variety. Panini didn't write ashtdhyayi so that priests could sing the vedas in the correct meter. Hebrew was a dead language in 1948. Now it is not.
Exactly. Only reason Sanskrit is opposed is because of it's supposed link with hindutva