I don't know who is Sachin Tendulkar : Maria Sharapova

BlueBee

^ To be fair, I was shocked one of my British friends at college doesnt know Sachin either. He also thought Wasim Akram was a spinner :facepalm: He knew abt Imran Khan which is why I said he is more famous but not due to cricket. He doesnt know much more than English and Aussie cricketers. . Cricketers just arent meant for mass appeal. And esp someone like Sachin who was never a celebrity in the sense of Flintoff or Ronaldo etc where the media just follows him around, or writes stories about his hot, model wife etc means that the average jo who is not a fan of cricket will not know him. Sachins hype machine outside india is non existent. Honestly speaking I dont remember the last time sachin was in the news outside of cricket achievements/failures. He is shy of the limelight, doesnt do a lot of commercials outside india, and doesnt give too many interviews. So makes sense
Yes he is a popular among cricket circles. Since has zero story about outside cricket it is quiet natural. Besides even in the 90s Salil Ankola had more female fans than Sachin. :cantstop: There was an article came about this at that time how Ankola got bulk of attention. There have been so many 100 meter winners.. over the years. Nobody has become more popular than Usain Bolt. Coz he is the fastest ever. Not just that. He has a bit of personality about him. he is involved in lot of things. He is selling himself very well. Tendulkar started his career in 1989. Usain botl was 3 years old then. He is now more popular than Tendulkar. Same with guys like Neymar, Messi. His popularity is consistent with the sports popularity.

Navratilova knows Sachin- I once read an article where she said that she was inspired by watching Sachin bat for hours and hours without any break in concentration(His 241* in Sydney). This Dumbapova is being plain arrogant. Surely she must have heard his name being mentioned in some channel/TV after all she does play 2 majors in Aus/England.
This.....She is just being an arrogant bimbo

This.....She is just being an arrogant bimbo
doubt it.. what does she gain? She sucks upto Lebron and other athlethes all the time. As i said sachin was never a marketable personality ever to take his brand global. Can you imagine him fronting energy drinks or nike campaigns on a global level with his frame...