Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Bunrah

Prasidh

Siraj

Looks good to me 

Add thakur. It's complete. But yes we just need one out and out pacer. I consider bumrsh more of a fast bowler who can crank it up when he wants. Same as rabada. He is above fast medium but lesser than fast if you know what I mean. 

I mean on paper we do have the better attack but as you rightly said, game isn't won on paper. We have to talk about present and the speeds our pacers currently operate at. 

Olivier is 133-140

Rabada - 137-145

Nortje is 140-150

Bumrah is 137-145

Siraj 134-145 for sena 

Prasidh - 135-142

Nortje is the one with extra pace. 

Can you believe umrsn got dropped for test 2 now? This management is hopeless. 

I will be really surprised if Prasidh gets picked by this defensive TM ahead of Shami,  Ishant, and Umesh. 

I expect Prasidh to bowl 132 k to 145 k if he plays.

And Olivier will be 132 k to 145 k too but with lots of bouncers. 

Siraj has never crossed 143 kph in tests in SENA although he regularly touches 147 k in other matches.

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

I love steepling bounce.

But for that we need a pacer who is 6'5"+ with a high arm action who hits the deck hard and has a good seam position.

Porel is around 6'2" I think. He is bouncy compared to most Indian pacers but standard bounce compared to West Indian. Australian, English, SAF and NZ pacers. Since he will be bowling to batsmen who are used to playing 6'2" pacers with such bounce a lot, that factor alone won't be good enough once the novelty factor wears off.

Prasidh is of a similar height and bounce but 10 kph faster.  Which is why I would prefer Prasidh as the tall bouncy pacer till the time we find someone with more height and bounce.

Porel is 6'3"+ or 6'4

6 hours ago, express bowling said:

I will be really surprised if Prasidh gets picked by this defensive TM ahead of Shami,  Ishant, and Umesh. 

Siraj has never crossed 143 kph in tests in SENA although he regularly touches 147 k in other matches.

Ha e never seen Olivier cross 140 tbh. He doesn't need to anyway like you said because he gas bounce 

6 hours ago, express bowling said:

We are missing a prime shami now. Or hell ishant from 2o15-2019 when he bowled 135-143 ish. 

We need to move on to new pacers quickly. Bumrah is better than rabada. 

Siraj is probably a better bowler than nortje. However Olivier is obviously ahead of whoever we bring in at the moment. I am worried we will struggle vs Olivier's ability to angle in with bounce. Shami had perfect seam position for s Africa but he is not in his prime anymore. 

I hope tyagi or prasidh get looked into. 

Will be very upset if 100 test Ghada gets picked. 

50 minutes ago, Jay said:

Did he? Vs lanka I saw him bowl 130s? 

Some teams do better against others, while some don't. For instance Pak does best vs NZ, decent against Eng, well below par vs SA & completely sh!ts the bed vs Oz.

SL also does best vs NZ, above avg against SA, below avg vs Eng & again sh!ts the bed vs Oz. India does best vs Oz, above avg against SA, below avg vs Eng & completely *ing numb nuts vs NZ :facepalm:

This changes from time to time but more of a general pattern over the decades!

1 hour ago, R!TTER said:

Some teams do better against others, while some don't. For instance Pak does best vs NZ, decent against Eng, well below par vs SA & completely sh!ts the bed vs Oz.

SL also does best vs NZ, above avg against SA, below avg vs Eng & again sh!ts the bed vs Oz. India does best vs Oz, above avg against SA, below avg vs Eng & completely *ing numb nuts vs NZ :facepalm:

This changes from time to time but more of a general pattern over the decades!

Yea. India did spank Kiwis last tine in India 3 0. Tests I e. Even in n.z we always compete well except the last series there. 

10 minutes ago, express bowling said:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/ind-vs-nz-2nd-test-mumbai-paras-mhambrey-backs-ishant-sharma-to-regain-rhythm-with-couple-of-games-under-his-belt-1291859

Going through this article, it seems like Siraj was dropped in the Kanpur test and was actually available for selection. 

I don't have good feeling about Remember the name and Dravid being in charge of Indian cricket

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/ind-vs-nz-2nd-test-mumbai-paras-mhambrey-backs-ishant-sharma-to-regain-rhythm-with-couple-of-games-under-his-belt-1291859

Going through this article, it seems like Siraj was dropped in the Kanpur test and was actually available for selection. 

Just wow. Unbelievable injustice to siraj. Might as well gift siraj, prasidh to other nations who actually would give them opporuntinites. 

8 hours ago, express bowling said:

Rhythm gain karke bhi ghanta ukhad lega. Rhythm gain domestic cricket me karvao. Kaun si team test match khilaati hai rhythm gain karvane ko.

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Rhythm gain karke bhi ghanta ukhad lega. Rhythm gain domestic cricket me karvao. Kaun si team test match khilaati hai rhythm gain karvane ko.

IND vs NZ Live: Steve Harmison is shocked to see Ishant Sharma getting constant chances

Steve Harmison said, For me, both seamers were also below par in the first Test match, for the life of me I don’t understand how Ishant Sharma got another game of Test cricket after what he did in England, so for me, I’d bring [Mohammed] Siraj in for him,” Harmison told talkSPORT.

https://the12thman.in/ind-vs-nz-live-steve-harmison-is-shocked-to-see-ishant-sharma-getting-constant-chances/

https://cricketaddictor.com/new-zealand-tour-of-india-2021/id-bring-mohammed-siraj-in-for-ishant-sharma-steve-harmison/

Edited by express bowling
On 11/30/2021 at 4:01 PM, express bowling said:

Saini comes across as a slow learner to me.

Completed 29 but still bowling like a rookie.

He can be of value only of he can bowl 145 k+ with decent accuracy and some bounce.

This would be down to saini not coming through the age group circuit, he was a tennis bowl bowler before being part of Delhi's cricketing, his run up has slowed down but he is still very naturally gifted, release, fluent action, gets movement into the right handers.

On 11/30/2021 at 10:57 PM, Jay said:

We are missing a prime shami now. Or hell ishant from 2o15-2019 when he bowled 135-143 ish. 

We need to move on to new pacers quickly. Bumrah is better than rabada. 

Siraj is probably a better bowler than nortje. However Olivier is obviously ahead of whoever we bring in at the moment. I am worried we will struggle vs Olivier's ability to angle in with bounce. Shami had perfect seam position for s Africa but he is not in his prime anymore. 

I hope tyagi or prasidh get looked into. 

Will be very upset if 100 test Ghada gets picked. 

Olivier is terrific but don't underrate someone like sipamla, if he does get a chance he is one those nagging line length bowlers around 82-84 mph in pace with great seam movement. I just hope our batsmen work on their footwork before the sa series, some drills with a wet bowl, also they need to be playing the pull consistently, once rabada gets hit around he at times doesn't seem to have a plan B.