Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

Just now, Forward Defence said:

True. Nobody has clocked 155 from India before surely.

srinath may have done so, albeit on faulty speed guns

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/javagal-srinath-one-in-a-billion-111878

https://www.crictracker.com/top-5-fastest-deliveries-by-indian-pacers/5/

underrated champ. if he had better fielding + pace support, and a better temperament, he would have been great.

Just now, Vijy said:

no, ishant went up to 152. srinath (see my previous post on the thread) may have exceeded 155

Srinath one was in 1999 wc I think. Also on a consistent speed in a game I would still say Ishant and Umesh are our fastest of all time with a significant sample size. Aaron is a close 3rd. Umran will beat all of them in a couple of months when he gets more game time.

Bumrah maybe more consistent than them but his peak speeds would be lower than the other 3 on consistency.

32 minutes ago, maniac said:

Srinath one was in 1999 wc I think. Also on a consistent speed in a game I would still say Ishant and Umesh are our fastest of all time with a significant sample size. Aaron is a close 3rd. Umran will beat all of them in a couple of months when he gets more game time.

Bumrah maybe more consistent than them but his peak speeds would be lower than the other 3 on consistency.

it was not 1999 WC - I posted the links earlier (its from 96 SA tour). and peak srinath's avg speed was arguably more than ishant, umesh at their peak.

Edited by Vijy
2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Aaron is #1. His average pace was faster than Johnson and Umesh in 2015.