Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

5 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Quickest was Umesh Aaron in tandem,they were way high in average pace against visiting Windies in late 2011 which had the services of Edwards,Best and maybe Roach

Later in Aus Umesh clocked almost 153

Yes Umesh, Aaron were v.quick, I remember ODI against SL (V.high Scoring) for first few overs SL batters were finding hard to even lay bat to the ball, getting beaten by pace.

Though they got some beating later on but that period showed how v.high pace can disturb batters' Psyche even the batters of highest level

4 minutes ago, tapandrun said:

Yes Umesh, Aaron were v.quick, I remember ODI against SL (V.high Scoring) for first few overs SL batters were finding hard to even lay bat to the ball, getting beaten by pace.

Though they got some beating later on but that period showed how v.high pace can disturb batters' Psyche even the batters of highest level

That match was killer, I think Aaron injured after 4.1 overs, but till then he was hurrying Dilshan, Tharanga and Sanga. He was bowling 144-152 and couple of boundries just flew over slips after the edge.
Umesh was in 140-148 range and was getting great movement. They were helped by Saha behind the stumps who was catching everything thrown at the wind.

Read the commentary, the writers were fired up seeing the hurricane pace by Indian pacers.
https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/sri-lanka-tour-of-india-2014-15-790869/india-vs-sri-lanka-1st-odi-792289/ball-by-ball-commentary

35 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Happened to see just 1 over of Umran. Not one ball was bowled below 145. The higher ceiling is yet to reach Shoaib and Lee's level, but the lower end is perhaps better than them, when both of them were in the same phase of career as Umran is now. He is quicker than Shoaib Akhtar, ( Shoaib akhtar of pre 2000 era.)

Lol. Not even close.