Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

Atkinson & Wood are certainties now in the England side. Gotta credit England. The way they’ve been playing test cricket and LOIs, gotta be the most exciting team to watch. Not just results, they r consciously trying to play that brand of cricket.

Atkinson quick off the mark
"He's got extra pace, and pace can create wickets," Jos Buttler said at the toss, when asked about England's newest quick bowler, Atkinson of Surrey”

It didn't take long for pace to create a maiden international wicket. His start was tight, the wheels in evidence - second ball, 92mph/148kph - and Devon Conway duly attempted to hit his way out of trouble, only to flick another 90mph/145kph delivery down the throat of deep backward square leg.

.https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/new-zealand-in-england-2023-1336039/england-vs-new-zealand-2nd-t20i-1336049/match-report

1 minute ago, Forward Defence said:

Shardul Thakur playing. Siraj over Shami is I feel the correct selection.

Shardul's selection was inevitable, I dunno why commentators are talking against that.

Our batting line-up is a joke, hence they need someone at no 8 to make some runs coz Kuldeep is a blocker, Bumrah is bang average while Siraj is handicap with bat.

17 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Bowlers playing today ...

Bumrah

Siraj

Hardik

Shardul

Kuldeep

Jadeja

This was my initial choice too. But later on I wanted Shami in place of Shardul

Good lineup. If only we could play p4asidh too but our batting is so **** and we don't have a quality batsmen to play at number 8 who can also bowl.which sucks but let's see. 

1 hour ago, ind_hyd1 said:

Sad to see these young promising pacers getting injured so often. Saw Khaleel bowling in RPL 2023, he was hardly threatening . Our fast bowling future looks bleak

Not really

They are waiting. 

Sen

Krishna

Tyagi injured I agree

Then there is gaurav yadav

Harshit rana

Plenty more. 

All waiting for chances. If the old guard ca. Go away that would be great but they will keep rank squatting till they are crippled. They will keep prolonging their careers till eternity because bcci doesn't have the heart to let them go I'd they under perform. This nepotism/ unprofessional attitude is the reason why we lose key finals post 2013 depsite being very talented. 

We need a foreign coach as well period. Someone with no nonsense attitude. No bias. No quota picks. 

On 9/1/2023 at 1:04 PM, Nikhil_cric said:

Kohli was 37 off 36  at the 15.1 mark in the 2021 encounter before he could accelerate.  He could not even hit Hasan Ali whereas Pant was trying to take the game on.

35 off 34 in the first Asia Cup match vs PAK. Pandya won that match with bat and ball.

2nd Asia Cup match, he batted really well until the 20th over when he had a stinker in the 20th and just wasted 4 balls and got out.

MCG - a good knock but it required extraordinary hitting at the end.   He was 15 off 24 in the 12th over after coming in the 2nd over. 

He may have done better than KL and Rohit but he's so slow now and eating up so many balls that he's ruining the momentum of every innings he plays.    He should not be afforded that luxury any longer. 

I said last decade. 

2021 T20 WC he and Pant at least showed some fight, unlike rest of the team.

2nd Asia Cup, not his fault that our batting stopped at 7.

MCG-GOAT knock, don't downplay it.

Did very well in 2015 and 2019 WC games, even the 2017 CT group game. Won us games in 2016 WT20, Asia Cup (where a target of 80 was mad to look huge), even in 2014/2012 WT20s against poyzzz, also that 183 in Dhaka.

Sure he had a few high profile failures against Pak, but has been an elite matchwinner in Indo-Pak contests the last 10 years. This at a time when most of our batters have underperformed against them. Not just the volume of runs, but the impact of those knocks, the clutchness when  things around him were falling apart. I am not the biggest Kohli fan out here but can't deny him his contributions. 

Edited by Gollum