30 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Speeds till the 15th over

Fastest

Umesh 147 k

Shami  145 k

Average  ( as per BCCI TV )

Umesh  141 k

Shami   140 k

That is genuine pace for a test match ...... and 3 wickets picked up by our quicks so far

This is pretty much one of the fastest bowling units in the world. Even if you consider some of the fastest bowling units of the past, this would still be close to them.

Poor bowling by Yadav in the first innings. 

There were hardly any instances where he bowled 3-4 consecutive deliveries in a channel around off stump. Kept sliding down leg or bowled short and wide. No well directed bouncers too. No aggression when the batter hit him. Just a languid smile.

I think the first wicket got to his head. He just kept looking for that LBW and in the process ended up being too straight.  

I feel he's a kind of player who needs a taskmaster. The bowling coach should push him in the nets.

Hope he turns it around in the second innings. 

2 minutes ago, MK55 said:

Poor bowling by Yadav in the first innings. 

There were hardly any instances where he bowled 3-4 consecutive deliveries in a channel around off stump. Kept sliding down leg or bowled short and wide. No well directed bouncers too. No aggression when the batter hit him. Just a languid smile.

I think the first wicket got to his head. He just kept looking for that LBW and in the process ended up being too straight.  

I feel he's a kind of player who needs a taskmaster. The bowling coach should push him in the nets.

Hope he turns it around in the second innings. 

Spot on.

Umesh bowled like a rookie club bowler after his first 2 good overs.

He has this habit of losing intensity and focus from time to time and that will always pull him back unless the issue is addressed.

11 hours ago, Vilander said:

yeah in your pic with him, looks a young lad.

guys who come through age group cricket are very unlikely to have wrong age nowadays. They can probably do it at state level. I myself know one such player who recently played for J&K U19 and I know he wasnt 19 then because I have played with him, bowled to him in the nets. He played for our local club but due to strict bone testing procedures, such players wont graduate to next level.