Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

4 hours ago, Vilander said:

now that we have consistent flow of 136 -148 guys, its time to look for an out and out 140-156 guy, a minor step but will seal it for us overseas. Some one who can hit a 145-150+ spell first session or after lunch just to price wickets.

You mean express bowling like this      

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

You mean express bowling like this      

thats largely Bret lee being an ahole and hitting people but you get the drift yes, someone who can hustle up opposition with really rapid hostile pace,for a initial spell of a session and really set the tone with a few quick dismissals.

13 hours ago, Vilander said:

now that we have consistent flow of 136 -148 guys, its time to look for an out and out 140-156 guy, a minor step but will seal it for us overseas. Some one who can hit a 145-150+ spell first session or after lunch just to price wickets.

like this guy used to be.

dale-steyn-test16.png.2f8acafaafc578aa3722011d684b654b.png

Aaron has done that in tests bowling up to 150Ks but what he lacked was skill level. I still remember his spell in Adelaide 2nd innings. It was consistent 145-150K and he was making Warner and Watson jump all over the place. Got unlucky with the no ball when Warner was bowled.

7 hours ago, Vilander said:

i think in our current lot yadav is too nice, Shami can show some hostility and Pandya too but Pandya may be is a touch too slow for being relly hostile and hustling top order bats, Ishant could do that but he is never accurate, and Aaron is gone.

Brett Lee thinks that Jasprit Bumrah has the potential to be a genuine express bowler bowling 145 k + with hostility.

I will post the link if I find it.

India’s latest bowling sensation Jasprit Bumrah has been highly effective for the team ever since he made his debut against Australia earlier this year. Former Australian pace bowling great, Brett Lee termed Bumrah as a “really good find for India” and said that he could easily bowl over 150kmph.

Lee also said that there is nothing wrong to say about his awkward action, as the former Australian great, Jeff Thomson also had an awkward action, but bowled well over 150kmph and had a successful career.

https://www.crictracker.com/jasprit-bumrah-can-bowl-150km-brett-lee/

Bumrah proved Lee right by bowling lots of 145 k to 148 k deliveries in CT 17, while maintaining accuracy.

Brett Lee thinks that Jasprit Bumrah has the potential to be a genuine express bowler bowling 145 k + with hostility.

but Bumrah has a very short runup the which hampers his speed.

31 minutes ago, express bowling said:

India’s latest bowling sensation Jasprit Bumrah has been highly effective for the team ever since he made his debut against Australia earlier this year. Former Australian pace bowling great, Brett Lee termed Bumrah as a “really good find for India” and said that he could easily bowl over 150kmph.

Lee also said that there is nothing wrong to say about his awkward action, as the former Australian great, Jeff Thomson also had an awkward action, but bowled well over 150kmph and had a successful career.

Bumrah proved Lee right by bowling lots of 145 k to 148 k deliveries in CT 17, while maintaining accuracy.

Yeah, I also think Bumrah can clock over 150kph. He is only 23 and he is already clocking in high 140s. He will only get better from here.

He is not the first bowler to have an awkward action, someone like Malinga had an unconventional action, its all about how he takes care of himself and remains fit. 

Edited by NareshK
21 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Basil Thampi is someone who has the ideal run-up and bowling action to generate high pace.

From the little I've seen of him in IPL, Basil Thampi reminds me of Varun Aaron. Not as quick but similar run up and action but more accurate. He will probably get quicker.

1 hour ago, NareshK said:

From the little I've seen of him in IPL, Basil Thampi reminds me of Varun Aaron. Not as quick but similar run up and action but more accurate. He will probably get quicker.

Both have every different action. Aaron is very front on or semi-front on while Thampi is side on around arm.

8 hours ago, express bowling said:

8 hours ago, NareshK said:

Yeah, I also think Bumrah can clock over 150kph. He is only 23 and he is already clocking in high 140s. He will only get better from here.

He is not the first bowler to have an awkward action, someone like Malinga had an unconventional action, its all about how he takes care of himself and remains fit. 

Bumrah is given as Right Arm-Medium in Cricinfo, the same as Manish Pandey and Binny. How can a medium pacer increase his speeds to 150ks?!? :shock:

Edited by Forever Indian