Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

22 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

The commentator calling Umesh Yadav a medium pacer. But even on his bad day, our man at his worst is fast medium. 

Still bowling sharp, and still good enough to hit the Indian team.

Who was the commentator ?

The same guys don't have the balls to call older foreign quicks as medium pacers after they have lost pace. 

17 hours ago, JaFanatic said:

He's still quicker than the current youngsters today.

It seems so because the "youngsters " being picked are 30+ Mukesh and Unadkat.   :phehe:

Probably still one of the five fastest bowlers in the country even at the age of 36 and bowls 140+ consistently.

Our 8 fastest prominent pacers are .... 

Mayank

Umran

Tyagi

Sen

Bumrah / Harshit 

Prasidh

Akashdeep 

Only in India you would find such bowlers being called as medium pacers. 

Very true. 

6 hours ago, Vijy said:

No, Ummi doesn't bowl 140+ consistently any more, and that is understandable given his age. a few balls here and there do cross 140, but not consistently. last int'l match he played, he was mostly bowling in low to mid 130s (i.e., 133-136 kph range)

He bowled in between 133-139.. 139 is still fast medium my brother. He was upwards of 137k's mostly, which is rather sharp. 

On 3/31/2024 at 8:09 PM, Rightarmfast said:

The commentator calling Umesh Yadav a medium pacer. But even on his bad day, our man at his worst is fast medium. 

Still bowling sharp, and still good enough to hit the Indian team.

Has to be Bose dk

As of now it looks like Bumrah and Arshdeep are gonna be selected.

Arshdeep isn’t a good choice for t20s, if he doesn’t get any movement in the air he is cannon fodder.

Siraj looks out of touch and I am not sure if he is actually a t20 bowler.

Prasidhs stock has fallen down and I don’t think he is even in selectors mind.

Mayank is out of the IPL

Akashdeep’s IPL stats are terrible plus he is from Bihar.

Khaleel looks like the best option right now but I am not sure about him.

Shami is inured so won’t be considered.

Overall our pace bowling looks pretty weak for this t20 Wc, god forbid if Bumrah gets injured we will be a proper minnow level attack

On 4/12/2024 at 5:47 PM, Nikhil_cric said:

Bumrah and Arshdeep have gotten the most seam movement in the Powerplay of this IPL.

Just need 2 more fast bowlers in the World T20 squad to back them up.

These 2 should be locks in the squad at this point. 

Arshdeep's swing with the new ball has reduced. The pace and accuracy of his yorkers have reduced too. 

Not inspiring confidence this time.

Posted (edited)

Apart from Bumrah and Kuldeep Y, we don't have many dependable T20 bowlers. Slow or fast, most will get hit.

Among proper pacers not named Bumrah, only Harshit Rana is displaying some T20 skills and ability keep the batsman guessing. He can bowl with the new ball, at the death and in the middle overs too. He can bowl the slower ball without much change in action and it helps that his preceeding faster ball can be 145 k+. He gets good bounce too. Can bowl wide yorkers, slower balls and bouncers and tries to out-think batters. Plus he can hit big shots. Only thing missing is the straight yorker. 

Mayank Yadav, if fit, can be an asset in the middle overs. Apart from raw pace, his accuracy and steep bounce will be very difficult to handle. 

My choice of Indian bowlers for World T20

Bumrah

Harshit .. can hit big 

Arshdeep .. picked because of lack of options

Mayank

Kuldeep

Axar .. A/R

Washington .. A/R

Edited by express bowling
5 hours ago, express bowling said:

Apart from Bumrah and Kuldeep Y, we don't have many dependable T20 bowlers. Slow or fast, most will get hit.

Among proper pacers not named Bumrah, only Harshit Rana is displaying some T20 skills and ability keep the batsman guessing. He can bowl with the new ball, at the death and in the middle overs too. He can bowl the slower ball without much change in action and it helps that his preceeding faster ball can be 145 k+. He gets good bounce too. Can bowl wide yorkers, slower balls and bouncers and tries to out-think batters. Plus he can hit big shots. Only thing missing is the straight yorker. 

Mayank Yadav, if fit, can be an asset in the middle overs. Apart from raw pace, his accuracy and steep bounce will be very difficult to handle. 

My choice of Indian bowlers for World T20

Bumrah

Harshit .. can hit big 

Arshdeep .. picked because of lack of options

Mayank

Kuldeep

Axar .. A/R

Washington .. A/R

I wished Mayank remained injury free else Boom Mayank and KY could have been a great bowling line up..but as Mayank is still developing he may be prone to injury which our lack of ARs wont be able to cover..unless we add Abshishek Sharma in the xi..

Thoughts on Mohsin khan due to extra bounce and death bowling??

I still want him to be more fit though…

Hopefully Harshit matures even further during ipl too as he is getting regular chances at kkr

Edited by Need4Speed
1 hour ago, Need4Speed said:

I wished Mayank remained injury free else Boom Mayank and KY could have been a great bowling line up..but as Mayank is still developing he may be prone to injury which our lack of ARs wont be able to cover..unless we add Abshishek Sharma in the xi..

Thoughts on Mohsin khan due to extra bounce and death bowling??

I still want him to be more fit though…

Hopefully Harshit matures even further during ipl too as he is getting regular chances at kkr

Mohsin's motivation to play for India is a bit unclear to me. 

Looking indian T20I bowling stats is embarrassing, only 4 bowlers have taken 50+ wickets. Indian Pace Bowlers with 50+ t20 wickets

Arshdeep has been an expensive wicket taker, and BK on opposite end of spectrum of being an a containing bowler that rarely picks up a wicket, and Bumrah being the Goldilocks of being a wicket taker that also doesn't give up runs.  Pandyas stats are pretty bad considering he doesnt have to bowl in the powerplay or bowl at the death.

42 minutes ago, TellTheTruth said:

Looking indian T20I bowling stats is embarrassing, only 4 bowlers have taken 50+ wickets. Indian Pace Bowlers with 50+ t20 wickets

Arshdeep has been an expensive wicket taker, and BK on opposite end of spectrum of being an a containing bowler that rarely picks up a wicket, and Bumrah being the Goldilocks of being a wicket taker that also doesn't give up runs.  Pandyas stats are pretty bad considering he doesnt have to bowl in the powerplay or bowl at the death.

Its hard to be a bowler in T20s, its either they have some mystery or they are Pathirana/Malings. TMs need to create a rounded up T20 bowling attack if those 2 kind of bowlers not available to the teams.

Yesterday's match was a perfect example why Ind team lack potency in their bowling, Bhumrah bowled well but batters were able to keep him away from taking wkts, and scored off other bowlers and in the end over all the batters can have a swing at Bhumrah too.

Now where else Pathirana not just stopped the run flow but too the wkts too, breaking the game for their side.

And for CSK those were not Intnl batters still they kept Bhumrah way from taking wkts

Edited by tapandrun

As of now only Bumrah looks like having a fix spot in the team.

There is no other pacer which inspires any confidence.

Mayank looked good but is inured, Shami is out, Siraj looks like a shadow of his former self. Pandya looks spent.

Arshdeep is probably gonna be picked bcoz of lack of options as others are saying.

Khaleel might be picked coz he is actually bowling with some zip .

The pace attack in our squad can be

Bumrah

Khaleel

Arshdeep

Pandya

7 hours ago, express bowling said:

Mohsin's motivation to play for India is a bit unclear to me. 

his lazy approach to fielding and fitness is disappointing..but his control and execution is good most of the times..

if Mayank and Harshit will need some more time to mature then we may think about Mohsin as a backup option as unfortunately..I am not seeing anyone reliable after Bumrah..Arshdeep has gone down badly..