Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

1 hour ago, CoverDrive said:

Here is a question for the knowledgeable folks out here. Please name top 20 pacers in India right now in the order they should be selected for tests. Tough one but I am hoping selectors have some kind of ranking /visibility. I will try to give mine

1. Shami

2. Umesh

3. Bhuvi

4. Bumrah

5. Siraj

6. Aniket

7. Lalit Yadav

8. Nagarkoti

9. Avesh Khan

10. Shardul

11. Ishant

12. Ankit Rajpoot

13. Khejroliya 

14. Pankaj Singh

15. Khaleel Ahmed

16. Porel

17. Mavi

18. Aaron

19. Dinda

20. Kaul

Very difficult task but atleast we should know our top 5/10/20

Bhai ye khaleel trundlur hai, 120s kph main bowling karta hai 

2 hours ago, CoverDrive said:

Here is a question for the knowledgeable folks out here. Please name top 20 pacers in India right now in the order they should be selected for tests. Tough one but I am hoping selectors have some kind of ranking /visibility. I will try to give mine

1. Shami

2. Umesh

3. Bhuvi

4. Bumrah

5. Siraj

6. Aniket

7. Lalit Yadav

8. Nagarkoti

9. Avesh Khan

10. Shardul

11. Ishant

12. Ankit Rajpoot

13. Khejroliya 

14. Pankaj Singh

15. Khaleel Ahmed

16. Porel

17. Mavi

18. Aaron

19. Dinda

20. Kaul

Very difficult task but atleast we should know our top 5/10/20

The Raamu kaakas of Indian cricket..the diehard fans aged 50+ or more would get happy tears seeing this list. Having seen Harvinder singh, Joginder Sharma etc

1 hour ago, speedheat said:

Bhai ye khaleel trundlur hai, 120s kph main bowling karta hai 

Where did you see that? He was as quick as Avesh last u19 WC despite being younger. He was recently clocked at 144k in Australia cricket academy Brisbane on a training program. He isn't even 20 yet.

29 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Where did you see that? He was as quick as Avesh last u19 WC despite being younger. He was recently clocked at 144k in Australia cricket academy Brisbane on a training program. He isn't even 20 yet.

In u19 boss, no he was not as fast as avesh, avesh was consistently around 133kph mark where as khalleel was around 125k, but I trust you about 144k in Australia might have increased his pace drastically.

4 minutes ago, speedheat said:

In u19 boss, no he was not as fast as avesh, avesh was consistently around 133kph mark where as khalleel was around 125k, but I trust you about 144k in Australia might have increased his pace drastically.

no, you are wrong. Khaleel was almost as quick as Avesh. Both bowled 130-135k range. Avesh's quicker bowl was around 139. 

There are times that you know an individual has talent, although it doesnt show in their report cards. It was the same with Khaleel. When I saw him bowling in U19, it was very exciting for me. He looks like a 'lambi race ka ghoda'. And both these bowlers may not be burning the speed gun on fire, but trust me, they had all the batsmen hopping and sweating with their bounce and heavy ball. If Khaleel enters the team, mark my words, he will be one of the best Indian pacers.

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

1st test 1st innings against SL

Shami --  Fastest  145 k   Average  136 k    ( despite dehydration and cramps  )

Umesh -- Fastest  141 k   Average  135 k    ( bowling much slower in the last 4 months.  Why  ? )

Bhuvi -- Fastest  139 k   Average  133 k

http://www.bcci.tv/india-v-sri-lanka-2017/match/01

Umesh is trying ot be accurate and in that process losing everything.

34 minutes ago, express bowling said:

1st test 1st innings against SL

Shami --  Fastest  145 k   Average  136 k    ( despite dehydration and cramps  )

Umesh -- Fastest  141 k   Average  135 k    ( bowling much slower in the last 4 months.  Why  ? )

Bhuvi -- Fastest  139 k   Average  133 k

http://www.bcci.tv/india-v-sri-lanka-2017/match/01

Signs of slowing down, he is 29 may be the age is catching up on him, finally.

Edited by speedheat
44 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Signs of slowing down, he is 29 may be the age is catching up on him, finally.

Umesh is 30 now

His drop in pace has been sudden rather than the gradual decrease that happens with age.

Umesh was bowling 138 k to 148 k in the 2017 test series against Australia and the series before that   .... and suddenly down by 5 k to 6 k from WI LOI series 2017.

Edited by express bowling
Umesh is 30 now

His drop in pace has been sudden rather than the gradual decrease that happens with age.

Umesh was bowling 138 k to 148 k in the 2017 test series against Australia and the series before that   .... and suddenly down by 5 k to 6 k from WI LOI series 2017.
I think he is low on confidence and might be carrying an injury.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, express bowling said:

Umesh is 30 now

Serious worry..Some of his balls are under 130 k in an over....i am worried , i am such a big fan of Umesh and he is looking so Slow.

first innings - he did get few balls to rise well but most of his balls were not upto the mark- neither accurate nor Pacy.

I will be happy to see Ishant replacing him in the eleven in next test unless he proves his critics wrong in the next innings , if he bowls fast he gives runs but gets wickets in buckets.

There is something wrong with Umesh, one thing is match fitness n not bowling enuff so lacking rhythm, injured no, but niggle maybe, he is down in pace by at least 10 k, I hope he is played enuff or goes back to Ranji before SA tour, I hope selctors pickup Bumrah, think he will be a good test bowler as well.