Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

2 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Not before Saini we definitely dont want a regiment of trundlers in the team

Khaleel is a better bet than Saini as he is left arm and even faster.

I see Khaleel as a Rare Talent some thing Like BUMRAH..avesh khan is also talented but he is right arm and Saini could be ahead of avesh in the queue but we need a left arm quick more.

khaleel is ahead of kejroliya and unadkat.

we already have umesh,bumrah ,bhuvi and ishant and lets assume Shammi is not selected, still i dont see any of the above 4 getting dropped as umesh is also coming back to full form ..we need a left arm pacer now.

14 hours ago, Khota said:

Assuming the tall and short bowler have same muscle/twitch fibre etc and can generate the same arm speed. Key is the arm speed here and then the tall bowler has a huge mechanical advantage over the short one proportional to his height.

Here discussion was tall bowlers being faster than short bowlers because of height and not what advantage they have.  Yes tall bowlers will generate bounce due to height but short bowlers will mostly feel quicker to the batsmen due to the less distance the ball has to travel. With taller bowlers, ball has more distance to travel before it reaches batsmen but their extra bounce on bouncy pitches makes up of for it. There is a reason short skiddy bowlers are more difficult to play on Indian pitches that don't offer much bounce. They hurry on to you quicker. 

23 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Here discussion was tall bowlers being faster than short bowlers because of height and not what advantage they have.  Yes tall bowlers will generate bounce due to height but short bowlers will mostly feel quicker to the batsmen due to the less distance the ball has to travel. With taller bowlers, ball has more distance to travel before it reaches batsmen but their extra bounce on bouncy pitches makes up of for it. There is a reason short skiddy bowlers are more difficult to play on Indian pitches that don't offer much bounce. They hurry on to you quicker. 

If anything the ball from tall bowler will travel less distance than a short bowler. Once again short bowler may be skiddy but not necessarily fast.

On 3/15/2018 at 8:00 AM, Khota said:

Height is a huge factor. You have to be tall to generate the pace and bounce. They will be able to do that but it will take extra toll on their body. Someone needs to manage them better.

Mavi is fine but others are vertically challenged.

Let our resident pace bowling experts @Rightarmfast chime in.

Look at Bhuvi in thet picture. His chest and legs are nothing but muscles. He looks very impressive. His thighs and calfs are very impressive.

All of them(all five) have strong upper bodies that means trainer is doing his job.

I believe both Mavi and Nagarkoti are as tall as Shami who is our best fast bowler after Srinath when fit.If both can be faster versions of him, then we would be winning lot of matches abroad.

2 hours ago, Khota said:

If anything the ball from tall bowler will travel less distance than a short bowler. Once again short bowler may be skiddy but not necessarily fast.

How ball from a taller bowler will travel lesser distance? Tall bowlers have height, so, distance between batsman and the release point is more because he is delivering from higher point so higher distance for ball to travel. So according to you a short bowler bowling 145kph won't be fast? What I am trying to say height contributes little to generate Pace. Height helps with extra bounce.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

How ball from a taller bowler will travel lesser distance? Tall bowlers have height, so, distance between batsman and the release point is more because he is delivering from higher point so higher distance for ball to travel. So according to you a short bowler bowling 145kph won't be fast? What I am trying to say height contributes little to generate Pace. Height helps with extra bounce.

Lol,the poster is calculating on bowling full tosses and doesnt seem to equate the trajectory not being a straight line but an angle, taller bowler greater distance ball travels down then hits the ground and the angle being more acute the distance overall is greater

Edited by MCcricket
1 hour ago, MCcricket said:

Lol,the poster is calculating on bowling full tosses and doesnt seem to equate the trajectory not being a straight line but an angle, taller bowler greater distance ball travels down then hits the ground and the angle being more acute the distance overall is greater

Yes ...  balls from taller bowlers will have to travel greater distances.

Edited by express bowling
27 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

No.... Actually he didn bowl at express pace which he used to do regularly in the past..I have to admit he has lost his pace by a fair margin since the Aus tour 2017 where he bowled brilliantly

Yes ... Umesh was bowling 137 k to 147 k / 149 k  throughout the 2016-17  series  till Australia 2017. Bowled this pace or higher for 6 years.

From the middle of 2017, he has been bowling 135 k to 142 k / 145 k range.

I hope it is not a case of permanent loss of pace... and a temporary thing.

Edited by express bowling
6 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Beacuse of the long wingspan the the bowler will be closer to the batsman at the point of release.

I never said that a short bowler cannot be fast. All I am saying is that for a short bowler to be fast he has to work extra which stesses the body more.

Tall bowlers to deliver at the same speed have to work less. If they put in the same effort as short bowler they would be faster atleast by a factor which is the ratio of their arm lengths.

48 minutes ago, Khota said:

Beacuse of the long wingspan the the bowler will be closer to the batsman at the point of release.

I never said that a short bowler cannot be fast. All I am saying is that for a short bowler to be fast he has to work extra which stesses the body more.

Tall bowlers to deliver at the same speed have to work less. If they put in the same effort as short bowler they would be faster atleast by a factor which is the ratio of their arm lengths.

Two bowlers with the same intensity, but different heights, the taller bowler will be quicker. And in any event, I was referring to the statement that height has nothing to do with pace. Which is a whole lot of BS, and pretty lolworthy. According to that logic, a bowler 5'5' tall has the same ability as a bowler of 6ft tall! 

Even otherwise, a taller bowler has the advantage pace wise when it comes to fast bowling. Over and out on this topic!

3 hours ago, Suhaan said:

No.... Actually he didn bowl at express pace which he used to do regularly in the past..I have to admit he has lost his pace by a fair margin since the Aus tour 2017 where he bowled brilliantly

The saying is correct in the fast bowling circuit... ' By the time you learn fast bowling, you cant bowl fast anymore!'