Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

11 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

So in 2 months he's become a swing bowler, will he swing it in Aus?

Ishant could swing the ball when he started, mostly inswing. Did you watch him 2008-2009? and then he lost his seam and wrist position as he tried to emulate Zak's bowling style and lost his action. Then he did get his action back but seam position was still not the best, but he is getting it back now.

Just now, rkt.india said:

Ishant could swing the ball when he started, mostly inswing. Did you watch him 2008-2009? and then he lost his seam and wrist position as he tried to emulate Zak's bowling style and lost his action. Then he did get his action back but seam position was still not the best, but he is getting it back now.

He was still a seam bowler, a swing bowler generally bowls full or at least fullish length most of the time. How many times have you seen Sharma do that in nearly 12 years of his shoddy career? Even seam bowlers get swing if they bowl full enough, does that make Mcgrath, Gillespie, Walsh, Ambrose swing bowlers?

4 minutes ago, Pollack said:

No, you are wrong. He has bowled short of a good length. 

arey bhai check kar lo hawkeye data. Because his quick, few will always be in short areas, but most of them are in good length.  i consistent check hawkeye data.  i had even posted the image in match thread after 1st session. 

here is that image again.  mostly in the 6-8 meters that is good length.

hawkeyebumrah.jpg

3 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

He was still a seam bowler, a swing bowler generally bowls full or at least fullish length most of the time. How many times have you seen Sharma do that in nearly 12 years of his shoddy career? Even seam bowlers get swing if they bowl full enough, does that make Mcgrath, Gillespie, Walsh, Ambrose swing bowlers?

He did in early part of his career.  I never said he was a swing bowler. He was a fast bowler who could swing the ball when he started.  

2 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Just answer this, his strength was seam or swing? He was never a fast bowler beyond a year or 2 in his overrated career.

very difficult to say what his strength was, TBH, because he never did anything consistently.  Even today, we dont know whether he strength is seam or swing.  Look at this one.  This is swing, not seam.  He actually could do both then depending on conditions as swing requires suitable conditions.

very difficult to say what his strength was, TBH, because he never did anything consistently.  Even today, we dont know whether he strength is seam or swing.  Look at this one.  This is swing, not seam.  He actually could do both then depending on conditions as swing requires suitable conditions.

Absolutely, that's why I said he can't swing it in unfavorable conditions. Unlike say Pathan, Praveen Kumar, Umesh or the injured Kumar. He's probably the biggest scourge of Indian (test) cricket in the last decade, strangely Kohli loves all his Sharmas and hates the Yadavs :whack2:

2 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Absolutely, that's why I said he can't swing it in unfavorable conditions. Unlike say Pathan, Praveen Kumar, Umesh or the injured Kumar. He's probably the biggest scourge of Indian (test) cricket in the last decade, strangely Kohli loves all his Sharmas and hates the Yadavs :whack2:

no one can swing it in the unfavorable conditions.  Not even Anderson or Kumar.

no one can swing it in the unfavorable conditions.  Not even Anderson or Kumar.

And here I thought finally we'd agree over something, then you go on and exaggerate. With the new ball, it's possible to swing it in the first few overs. Umesh in first ODI being the perfect example.