Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

Just now, Suhaan said:

You dont need to be smart to look beyond Umesh.. but still if you are looking for evidence search using the keyword "bowling average" of the two

Do yourself a favor and start searching for avg in these conditions, I'm not gonna do that for you.

25 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Man, you just debate for the sake of it. 6-8m is good length and 7m-8m is considered back/short of a good length. Most balls in the pitch map are closer to 8m in-between 7m bad 8m. Only few are between 6m and 7m. Please just don't argue just for the sake of it. He has bowled short of a good length.

If 6-8 is good length then how is 7-8 meter is back of length? Back of length is just over 8 meter. Back of length means back of good length.

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

If 6-8 is good length then how is 7-8 meter is back of length? Back of length is just over 8 meter. Back of length means back of good length.

Short of a good length is 7m to 8m which is also called back of a length. Over 8m is short. I am sorry this is how it is. You can have your own version.

Just now, Suhaan said:

You cant do it,anyway

I don't need to, but apparently a lot of posters here need explanation on what's being said or the context under which something has been posted. If you're so eager to butt in someone else's debate - do your homework, I'm not doing it for you.

3rd test 1st innings ...  some genuine fast bowling from 3 of our 4 pacers

Bumrah

Fastest    145 k

Average   140 k

Pandya

Fastest    145 k

Average   138 k

Shami

Fastest    144 k

Average   139 k

Ishant

Fastest    141 k

Average   135 k

Edited by express bowling
9 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Back of length = Back of a good length = Back end of a good length = short of a good length = Short end of a good length.

9 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

I don't need to, but apparently a lot of posters here need explanation on what's being said or the context under which something has been posted. If you're so eager to butt in someone else's debate - do your homework, I'm not doing it for you.

Ok where did you find written where it says a third poster cannot have his /her opinion when there is already a debate in progress?....I didn't find any before I joined ICF.. 

10 minutes ago, express bowling said:

3rd test 1st innings 

Bumrah

Fastest    145 k

Average   140 k

Pandya

Fastest    145 k

Average   138 k

Shami

Fastest    144 k

Average   139 k

Ishant

Fastest    141 k

Average   135 k

It would be interesting to compare this to the last test,where we had only 3 seamers

I'm pretty sure when there are four of them to share the load,the intensity of each one goes up.It is also why the 4 bowler theory never worked for us in the past overseas

5 minutes ago, GautiMaan said:

It would be interesting to compare this to the last test,where we had only 3 seamers

Shami and Ishant have bowled similar speeds but Pandya has bowled much quicker in this game.

I'm pretty sure when there are four of them to share the load,the intensity of each one goes up.It is also why the 4 bowler theory never worked for us in the past overseas

Very true.

The intensity is much higher when we have 4 fast bowlers bowling out of Asia and sharing the workload.

Edited by express bowling
41 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Short of a good length is 7m to 8m which is also called back of a length. Over 8m is short. I am sorry this is how it is. You can have your own version.

6-8 is good length, anything shorter than that is short of good length.  Short is around meter.