Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

I want to see Umesh , Ishant, Aaron and Shami bowl in Australia.

What the heck...it is an LOI series ....try Nathu Singh and  Hardik Pandya if you want to....no major repercussions....even Shreyas Iyer who is an exciting batsman.

true,we'd anyway get smashed by playing trundlers and the same old batting line up better try pandya,iyer,nair,gurkeerat.enough of mediocre players like axar .

Bowling line up I agree should be umesh,aaron,pishant,bhuvi,pandya,ashwin ,mishra and another quick

Would be interesting to see the speeds of pacers like yadav,aaron if they go to the aus tour (the speed guns show more speed there for some reason lol) but most likely dhoni will lead a 3 trundler 2 spinner brigade in Australia lol.

Any team going to aus without 3 genuine quicks will get their @r$e rammed ,itslike serving a  buffet to the aussies

Speed guns across the world will be the same. Its preposterous to think that theres no caliberation done. This is a stupid argument done on PP, which can only be done by idiot Pakistani fans. 

Its just that the wickets offer more and offer more pace and bounce off the pitch. Bowlers tend to get excited and keep their tempo up, hence the higher speeds.

Speed guns across the world will be the same. Its preposterous to think that theres no caliberation done. This is a stupid argument done on PP, which can only be done by idiot Pakistani fans. 

Its just that the wickets offer more and offer more pace and bounce off the pitch. Bowlers tend to get excited and keep their tempo up, hence the higher speeds.

Speed is measured off the hand.. There is no doubt that every bowler including our own clock at least 5-10 kph more in Aus, etc. It happens every time to be a coincidence and with all bowlers and too many times to just claim it is only because of bowlers getting excited. Even when they do not take a single wicket or are going for runs they still clock faster than in Inda

Speed is measured off the hand.. There is no doubt that every bowler including our own clock at least 5-10 kph more in Aus, etc. It happens every time to be a coincidence and with all bowlers and too many times to just claim it is only because of bowlers getting excited. Even when they do not take a single wicket or are going for runs they still clock faster than in Inda

Kindly check the top speed of Glen Mcgrath in Australia and in subcontinent. Kindly check the top speed of Brett Lee in subcontinent. Kindly check the top speed of Praveen Kumar in australia and the likes and get back to me. Also, check the speeds of spinners bowling in Australia and tell me.

Edited by Rightarmfast
Kindly check the top speed of Glen Mcgrath in Australia and in subcontinent. Kindly check the top speed of Brett Lee in subcontinent. Kindly check the top speed of Praveen Kumar in australia and the likes and get back to me. Also, check the speeds of spinners bowling in Australia and tell me.

There is no real difference in speeds of lee, mcgrath, pk in aus and India.

There is no real difference in speeds of lee, mcgrath, pk in aus and India.

Exactly, so if the top speed of these bowlers havent jumped up in Australia ( it includes many other bowlers, PK is just one example ), it proves the speed guns dont have error. Its the other bowlers who make the extra effort on bouncy fast pitches. I remember Srinath clearly in 2000 series, was bowling just around 130kph in the series. As he was asked by Kapil, the then coach, to reduce pace and bowl. There is no error in Australian speed guns!

I want to see Umesh , Ishant, Aaron and Shami bowl in Australia.

What the heck...it is an LOI series ....try Nathu Singh and  Hardik Pandya if you want to....no major repercussions....even Shreyas Iyer who is an exciting batsman.

Add shardul Thakur too.. he is red hot in high wicket taking form.

umesh Ishant aaron shammi and shardul/varun of bhuvi.

though I guess shammi may or may not be picked as they may wanna give him more time to recover fully.

pandya and gurkeerat are must for Australia too ahead of binny and Jadeja

pacers in Australia that are likely to be selected if dhoni is the captain are..

Mohit ,Srinath arvind, Bhuvi, Ishant and Umesh Yadav.

if Kohli is asked to lead against Australia then the pacers could be...

Ishant umesh varun bhuvi and Shardul Thakur. 

I think that Varun aroon gives away too many runs and hence may be avoided for ODI's and t 20. and even if kohli is asked to lead Mohit could be picked ahead of varun.

I am not sure of Shammi's form , whether he is trundling or is bowling at full throttle...

pacers in Australia that are likely to be selected if dhoni is the captain are..

Mohit ,Srinath arvind, Bhuvi, Ishant and Umesh Yadav.

if Kohli is asked to lead against Australia then the pacers could be...

Ishant umesh varun bhuvi and Shardul Thakur. 

I think that Varun aroon gives away too many runs and hence may be avoided for ODI's and t 20. and even if kohli is asked to lead Mohit could be picked ahead of varun.

I am not sure of Shammi's form , whether he is trundling or is bowling at full throttle...

Barinder Sran

Made his debut in ODIs today.

Has bowled 130 k to 139 k till his fifth over.

Decent line and length.

Taken 2 wickets so far but they were not fully bowler's wickets.

I personally feel that he is not running in as fluently as the practice matches.

Agree, he's still raw and needs to up his pace by atleast 5 clicks. I feel he can get there by bowling a lot in the longer formats in the domestics. He's hardly got any competition in the left-armer category, Pawan Suyal maybe.

Also need to see how good he is with the older ball and at bowing yorkers.

Agree, he's still raw and needs to up his pace by atleast 5 clicks. I feel he can get there by bowling a lot in the longer formats in the domestics. He's hardly got any competition in the left-armer category, Pawan Suyal maybe.

Also need to see how good he is with the older ball and at bowing yorkers.

In a Ranji Trophy match...he was losing steam after his first spell of the day.

Needs to improve his endurance.

He seems to have the action to up his pace too.

Umesh bowling 142K without looking like putting much effort. He can easily clock 145+ if he tries.

Umesh has bowled a wonderful line and length today ( up to his 3rd over so far )  and 90% of his deliveries were at 140 k, 141 k and 142 k.

Hit Bailey on the fingers with a sharply rising delivery.  

Bowled some off-cutters too. One of the few bowlers who got seam movement today.

Strangely...he has been removed after 3 excellent  overs.  Could have bowled another one I thought as he was in good rhythm.

Edited by express bowling

Been at work the whole day, only watched the first 15 overs of the match. Can somebody update me on the bowling speeds of Sran and Umesh? How did they bowl?

Sran

132 k to 139 k in his first spell.

128 k to 136 k in his later spells.

Umesh

140 k to 142 k in his first soell.

135 k to 141 k in his later spells.

Umesh bowled a very good line and length today. Bowled some in-cutters in his first spell.  Looked good .

I think he bowled well within himself perhaps because he wanted to be very accurate.

Sran disappointed me in terms of pace. Rarely hurried the batsmen. I thought that he did not run in as fluently as the practice matches and maybe bowled a bit within himself.

He bowled with guile though, especially in the slog overs, with lots of variations and slower deliveries. He got 3 wickets but they were not bowler's wickets entirely and the batsmen got out after executing full fledged lofted shots in all 3 occasions.

His line and length was decent in most overs.

Edited by express bowling

It was his debut match, must be nervous. Surprised at the pace Umesh bowled at. I guess he is just scared of Dhoni. 

The 2 spinner and one trundler theory of Dhoni seems to be working well for India! Kudos to our captain. It takes a special kind of effort to lose after  scoring 300+. Indian captain must have done something right to achieve this:)