Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

6 hours ago, the don said:

Yes. Shaheen averaging 139 kph so far and naseem 143 plus as shown on tv. 

That is 87 and 89 mph respectively which is very quick average pace for test cricket. 

139 kph is 86.4 mph.

I think Shaheen was averaging 138.7 kph or 86.2 mph when last shown on TV and bowled slower after that, with lots of 132 kph to 137 kph balls.

Naseem on the other hand maintained his pace throughout. He is more of a natural quick. 

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

I meant I was surprised to see the comments. Bowlers do go for 4 rpo but by reading those comments, I thought he was running through them with pace but then I checked cricinfo.

He troubled them with bouncers which were most of times edged to boundary  besides some bangladeshi batsmen played him well

Just now, rock777 said:

Shaheen has both pace and height

Fast medium but he is more accurate. When i see Shaheen i see where nagarkoti /Mavi should have been in terms of experience. Pak did this out of necessity and India let nagar/mavi get lost a bit due to injuries and also since current bench is too strong in India senior side.

6 minutes ago, rock777 said:

He troubled them with bouncers which were most of times edged to boundary  besides some bangladeshi batsmen played him well

Didn’t he get smoked in Australia and also in U-19 Asian cup by Indian U19? Pace alone can’t help you. Sami is the best example. In my opinion, he is thrust to international scene too early.

Two teenagers bowling 86-87 mph average speeds in Tests matches is very very impressive. Pakistan need to back their young pacers and show patience with them (and also manage their workloads to keep them injury free).

Our genius captain on the other hand played our main bowlers (and batsmen) in the tests vs BD (and Afghanistan) when a bowling attack of Saini, Siraj, Avesh and Kuldeep would have been enough. The lure of cheap runs and cheap wickets

4 minutes ago, Cricket_Fan said:

Didn’t he get smoked in Australia and also in U-19 Asian cup by Indian U19? Pace alone can’t help you. Sami is the best example. In my opinion, he is thrust to international scene too early.

You need to get your records corrected he took 3fer against india u19 in asiacup on hos debut got warner  economy of 3.xx

9 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Fast medium but he is more accurate. When i see Shaheen i see where nagarkoti /Mavi should have been in terms of experience. Pak did this out of necessity and India let nagar/mavi get lost a bit due to injuries and also since current bench is too strong in India senior side.

What a discrepancy  when 30 years old ahami bowls average speed 137 + he is genuine fast when hazlewood mantains higher average speed than shami he is fast medium when shaheen 19 bowls average apeed 137+ for 5to 6 matches he is fast medium

22 minutes ago, rock777 said:

What a discrepancy  when 30 years old ahami bowls average speed 137 + he is genuine fast when hazlewood mantains higher average speed than shami he is fast medium when shaheen 19 bowls average apeed 137+ for 5to 6 matches he is fast medium

he is fast medium from what i have seen. Shami has few innings where he averages 140 and his final over he still hits 140, this guy might get quicker in future but for now slower. 

Saini is playing today.

But Shami is dropped and not Shardul.

Chahal replaces Kuldeep.

That means all the expensive bowlers dropped ... but the most expensive one retains his place despite giving away almost 9 runs an over.

What is the point if Shardul scores 10 extra runs but gives away 30 extra runs.

Edited by express bowling