Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

On 8/15/2020 at 8:40 PM, rkt.india said:

While Kamlesh Nagarkoti is a knee dominant bowler. He had a mixed action before but after his back injury, he reworked on his action and he is more side on now which is fine because he is a knee dominant bowler but what's not the best is his backfoot landing being stiff. This is usually an issue with knee dominant bowlers who jumps high. if they have stiff Backfoot landing, they don't create pre-turn and as a result lack hip-shoulder separation. But nagarkoti is natural fast bowler and generate pace even with these technical issues. I believe if he could improve his stiff backfoot landing, he could bowl as quick Brett Lee.

After going more side-on, he has also improved his issue of left lateral flexion. 

Screenshot_20200815-214844~2.png

Screenshot_20200815-215259.png

@MultiB48

See the difference of position in these two pics. Mixed position before, side on now. Also look at the backfoot landing.

8 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

Only Lee could pull this off perfectly, currently Wood Bumrah and Nassem are good at it.

Bumrah has other technical issues. Bumrah is anyway hip dominant bowler. It's easier for hip dominant bowlers to do it than knee dominants because they don't have to rotate their back foot. Wood and Naseem are knee dominants.

9 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

Was he getting injuries because of counter rotation created due to his stiff backfoot landing?

Back injuries can happen even with technical issues but mostly important issue is left lateral flexion.

This is Riley Meredith, great example of left lateral flexion. He is delivering the ball over his left leg and falling towards his left side putting pressure on his left side of the back. It may give him stress fracture of the back in future.

Screenshot_20200818-185443.png.1982e2573edd8d117aa35029b0e07bd9.png

Edited by rkt.india
4 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Bro all are fit and I think they are already in UAE. Hope the young quicks get enough opportunities.

They got 6 months extra to rehabilitate

Nagarkoti has been out of action for more than 2.5 years

Prasidh too has been out for nearly an year

Mavi has been out for 8-9 months, enough time to gain strength

Mavi may need time to get back in groove after coming back from back injury

7 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Bro,  Prasidh, Mavi and Koti are all in KKR, I think.  Which means only 1 will get to play in any given match.

Need to be rotated properly.

Warrier is there too and he might play ahead of Koti and Mavi because of his experience. But hope DK plays atleast one among Koti and Mavi.

Tyagi might not get enough opportunities. I think the great Unadcutter will be the captain of RR for a few games so he picks himself and he will feel right at home on these slow pitches of UAE. Hope he gets thrashed around a lot.

14 hours ago, Mosher said:

Warrier is there too and he might play ahead of Koti and Mavi because of his experience. But hope DK plays atleast one among Koti and Mavi.

Tyagi might not get enough opportunities. I think the great Unadcutter will be the captain of RR for a few games so he picks himself and he will feel right at home on these slow pitches of UAE. Hope he gets thrashed around a lot.

Why Rahane will not lead for few matches?is he joining late?

15 hours ago, express bowling said:

Bro,  Prasidh, Mavi and Koti are all in KKR, I think.  Which means only 1 will get to play in any given match.

Need to be rotated properly.

1 or 2 depending on team combination

They also have warrier so expect atleast 2 of them to warm bench whole season ....nagarkotti might be one due to lack of matches he has played in 2 years 

39 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Why Rahane will not lead for few matches?is he joining late?

Rahane is with DC now 

15 hours ago, Mosher said:

they also have ankit rajpoot plus 3 leggies....and RR loves leggies

Out of 4 , 2 spots goes to Archer n Gopal 

Remaning 2 wud be a fight among many  and unadkat will also have the advantage of being a left armer 

Remains one spot - rajpoot vs tyagi vs markhande vs akash singh 

Having ben stokes mean they can afford to go with 2 seamers making stokes the 3rd one add 2,3 spinners

55 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Its uae what is the temp there like 50 deg centigrade ? I think fast bowlers will bowl 110 to 115 k.. :laugh:

Tempt will be fine after equinox. It won't be more than what they would have in mumbai during April-may. 

Edited by rkt.india
17 hours ago, Suhaan said:

They got 6 months extra to rehabilitate

Nagarkoti has been out of action for more than 2.5 years

Prasidh too has been out for nearly an year

Mavi has been out for 8-9 months, enough time to gain strength

Mavi may need time to get back in groove after coming back from back injury

Nagarkoti played dy patil in Feb. So not 2.5 years. He has more games under his belt this year than Mavi. Don't think Mavi will start.