Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

44 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

I watched the first hour of the play before heading out. I thought the Indian bowlers contained them well within 400. I mean a C grade attack taking 10 Aussie wickets in Australia is no mean feat. The match is heavily tilted towards Aussies, but we cant blame the Indian bowlers. The punched way above their weight. 

I genuinely believe we can beat this team even with C attack. They were lucky to score 360 in the first place. Should have been 280.

As long as our batmaen don't have brain farts we should be fine. 

30 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

Nathu has proved me wrong.. he can be an all conditions bowler I think with his angle and discipline. But the real deal is Siraj. Imagine an attack of Bumrah, Ishant, Shami and Siraj

No dear I will count on Umesh Yadav ahead of Shardul and Siraj and Nattu any day for a TEST Match. In Gabba ,Umesh would have been deadly.

Siraj tried his best today and was bowling 138K on a fast track. Umesh would have been bowling 145K in Gabba and I truly agree Umesh would have been a bit wayward where as Siraj was more accurate, But Siraj turns into a trundler as soon as the ball losses its shine.

line and length is a controllable and I know Umesh is never good on it , but he always bowls one or two good balls in an over. Umesh has the talent to play for India but these guys ( siraj,shardul,Nattu) are kinda trundlers. Saini definitely has the talent to play for India for Long.

What is Saini's status?

i thought he is a supremely fit bowler. will he not bowl in second innings.

3 hours ago, Forward Defence said:

Cummins 

Sustained pace

if cummins under performs we will draw this match else we could loose. 

only Boom can compete with CUmmins and Boom would have bowled at 147K in Gabba and got a fifer. Australia would have scored 150 and we would be fighting to win this Match.

Shammi and Boom would have been unplayable in GABBA. if we save the match , it will be a BIG win for us as the gavaskar - border trophy will stay with us only.

3 hours ago, Forward Defence said:

Rohit Sharma was handling him with aplomb.  So frustrating to see that dismissal.

Rohit is a Supreme batsman ( only batsman who is close to Steve smith and Virat's standards) and He should have scored a 100 in this innings. 

Rahane is defending well too but he gets into Pujara mode some times. 

Pujara can definitely draw the match if clear instructions are given to him. BUt he can not win us a match.

19 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

No dear I will count on Umesh Yadav ahead of Shardul and Siraj and Nattu any day for a TEST Match. In Gabba ,Umesh would have been deadly.

Siraj tried his best today and was bowling 138K on a fast track. Umesh would have been bowling 145K in Gabba and I truly agree Umesh would have been a bit wayward where as Siraj was more accurate, But Siraj turns into a trundler as soon as the ball losses its shine.

line and length is a controllable and I know Umesh is never good on it , but he always bowls one or two good balls in an over. Umesh has the talent to play for India but these guys ( siraj,shardul,Nattu) are kinda trundlers. Saini definitely has the talent to play for India for Long.

What is Saini's status?

i thought he is a supremely fit bowler. will he not bowl in second innings.

I am not sure if he would bowl 145, but Umesh would have provided a balance. Then again, I am biased towards Umesh so its best I dont comment much ;p.

44 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

I am not sure if he would bowl 145, but Umesh would have provided a balance. Then again, I am biased towards Umesh so its best I dont comment much ;p.

I think Umesh bowled well in 3 of the 4 innings he bowled in this test series.  And he did bowl quite a few at 145 k/ 146 k.

Edited by express bowling
52 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

if cummins under performs we will draw this match else we could loose. 

only Boom can compete with CUmmins and Boom would have bowled at 147K in Gabba and got a fifer. Australia would have scored 150 and we would be fighting to win this Match.

Shammi and Boom would have been unplayable in GABBA. if we save the match , it will be a BIG win for us as the gavaskar - border trophy will stay with us only.

When we had our full strength bowling lineup, we had dismissed Australia for 191,   195,   200 in the first 2 tests.

And the Aussies are saying that this is their quickest and bounciest pitch.

If Bumrah, Shami and Jaddu were present, Aussies would not have crossed 200 here.

40 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

nalande is not that quick .Umesh was more like steyn ,could easily bowl 140 and even touch 150 .Dont think he tried to bowl as fast as he could ,always bowled within himself ,great athlete.

I am talking about at this age. Nalkande will get quicker too. Even if he does not become as quick it's not a problem till he can bowl mid to high 80s and move the ball. He also can bat so his prospects are different than Umesh. 

7 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

They are similar according to me.Shardul had injuries, quicker at younger age doesnt mean you will keep getting quicker.Shardul was a pretty good batsman when young before concentration on bowling, maybe nalkande can become a better batsman than shardul.

Shardul's biggest problem is lack of fitness. He has weight gain problem. Can't sustain pace.  If one can sustain, 85-88 mph is decent pace and if you can hit the deck hard.

Edited by rkt.india
1 hour ago, Forward Defence said:

What will be our bowling attack against England?

Ishant, Siraj and Shardul. Bhuvi maybe? No idea when Shami, Bumrah,Jadeja and Umesh will be match fit. Ashwin,Nadeem/Sunder/Axar and Kuldeep will probably be the spin attack. Jalaj Saxena is also in the reckoning.

Edited by Mosher