Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

26 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

Not able to find stats of Cummins/Hazlewood against left hand batsman in statsguru. Can anyone pls share that

Cummins averages 19.2 against right handers and 27.2 against left handers

http://www.cricmetric.com/playerstats.py?player=PJ+Cummins&role=bowler&format=Test&groupby=opp_player_type&start_date=2002-01-01&end_date=2021-01-17&start_over=0&end_over=9999

10 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

Cummins 43 wickets LINK

Hazlewood 52 wickets LINK

Those averages indicate how much those dismissed batsmen scored against all bowlers, not just those specific bowlers. 

I don't think statsguru has individual batsman vs bowler stat, I may be wrong. Anyway will let you know later when I have time. 

Edited by Gollum
40 minutes ago, Serpico said:

Hazlewood averages 24.1 against right and 30.1 against lefties

http://www.cricmetric.com/playerstats.py?player=JR+Hazlewood&role=bowler&format=Test&groupby=opp_player_type&start_date=2002-01-01&end_date=2021-01-17&start_over=0&end_over=9999

Wow wouldn't have guessed this much deviation. This shows dropping Pant in first match was even more retarded than what we previously thought

TFS the link. Yes, the difference is quite huge. Perhaps a thing to consider for teams when facing these two... India has always suffered in finding quality lefties in test cricket.. can only remember 2 or 3  names ( they are mostly above avg players at best )  since i started watching the game in late 90s..

35 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

So, I have changed my stance now. I would prefer to kick out pure batsmen and play bits and pieces players. Thakur, Washington, Jadeja, Pandya, with pure fast bowlers, Bumrah, Shami and X. 

Batsmen do jackshit in SENA tests.:no:

Makes sense seriously.

None of the young batters have a good defensive game, with the influx of T20s.

Makes sense to have gritty batters who can score quickly during the period they are at the crease. And this messes with the lines and lengths of the bowlers too.