Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

43 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Ishant lacked any kind of energy and did not get any zip off the pitch.

I think he does not have test match fitness any more.

He bowled really well in 2018 and 2019 but I think it is time to move on even if he picks a few wickets in this match. This is because it is difficult for an elderly bowler to get back test match fitness if he has lost it.

Better to groom a fitter and younger pacer.

Ishant was never really athletic. He is even losing whatever athleticism he had

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

If Siraj can get a couple to move away or even straighten, he will be unplayable.

I hope he remembers how he set up Root in India.

I don't know why he has not tried it.

he would then become a bowler similar to Mohd Asif with that prodigious inswing

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

Kohli is overbowling Siraj

8 overs on the trot, with 4 pacers in the team, does not make sense.

And the 8th over goes for 3 boundaries after a very economical spell of 7 overs for 9 runs and 2 wickets.

He always does it lol. But man siraj looked really threatening. 

Even bumrah every time he bowled full he looked threatening. 

27 minutes ago, Jay said:

He always does it lol. But man siraj looked really threatening. 

Even bumrah every time he bowled full he looked threatening. 

Siraj is a very zippy bowler. Even when he clocks 135 k, he hurries batters consistently.

Plus I can't trust these speed readings. Some of his deliveries have looked really quick.

It is difficult not to admire the energy that Siraj has brought to our bowling. He keeps running in and giving it his all, even after bowling loads of overs.

1 hour ago, MultiB48 said:

That only happens with Indian bowlers  , bumrah is another,if he were English he would be clocking 140 more.

Agree.

ICC was in charge of conducting the WTC Final and Bumrah was consistently clocking 137 k to 146 k in that match.

With the home team in charge now, he is clocking lesser speeds but looking as fast.

This is the biggest proof of what you are saying.

1 hour ago, MultiB48 said:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/video/eng-vs-ind-2nd-test-laxman-if-ashwin-isn-t-playing-in-these-conditions-i-don-t-see-him-getting-in-1273012

Laxman believes Ishant should have come in place of Siraj 

No wonder we keep punching below our weight.

The Indian cricket fraternity can't think beyond preferring seniors.

Past performances and reputation invariably score over current ability and form with these folks.

This pitch has been very flat today. Understandably, the batters have dominated.

But what has worried me is that,  right from the start of 2021, the Indian pacers are trying to depend solely on moving the ball to pick wickets. If the ball is not moving then the Indian pacers won't get wickets in 2021.

It was much different in the 2017 to 2020 period when Bumrah used to be the enforcer pacer. If the ball did not move then the batsmen faced a lot of heat and hostility at 140 k to 148 k/150 k.

Even Mohabbat Shami used to hit the deck hard and came up with fiery spells with a certain regularity at 136 k to 146 k. ( after successful sexting sessions )

If the Indian pacers have decided that fast bowling is beyond them and they are going to be medium paced swing bowlers then why not bring in true swing bowlers like Bhuvi and Gurbani   !    Why fill the team with wannabe swing bowlers  !  Just keep Bumrah and Siraj.

Edited by express bowling
3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

This pitch has been very flat today. Understandably, the batters have dominated.

But what has worried me is that,  right from the start of 2021, the Indian pacers are trying to depend solely on moving the ball to pick wickets. If the ball is not moving then the Indian pacers won't get wickets in 2021.

It was much different in the 2017 to 2020 period when Bumrah used to be the enforcer pacer. If the ball did not move then the batsmen faced a lot of heat and hostility at 140 k to 148 k/150 k.

Even Mohabbat Shami used to hit the deck hard and came up with fiery spells with a certain regularity at 136 k to 146 k. ( after successful sexting seasons )

If the Indian pacers have decided that fast bowling is beyond them and they are going to be medium paced swing bowlers then why not bring in true swing bowlers like Bhuvi and Gurbani   !    Why fill the team with wannabe swing bowlers  !  Just keep Bumrah and Siraj.

nice name for the texting legend

8 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I want to see some quick effort ball bouncers from the Indian pacers. Not just regulation medium paced bouncers for the sake of it.

And keep a short leg and a couple of fielders in the deep on the leg side.

Happy to see Siraj try this in his first over after lunch.

But needs to make his line more off-middle.

Siraj bounces out Bairstow.

Hit him on the shoulder before that. Good hostility.

This is what I wanted to see.

Think like an aggressive fast bowler ( who can move the ball too )

If you have pace then don't think like a dibbly dobbly medium pacer who is lost if there is no movement.

Edited by express bowling