Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

15 hours ago, Jay said:

he is almost 27 now. needs to put on some mass. he is seriously borderline anorexic. he has potential to be a very good test bowler. i still believe in him but attitude is something we cant really fix. ball is in his court. There is too much competition now. tyagi, sen, avesh (not convinced with tests but still), even saini is bowling well now, porel etc. 

i dont understand why they dont go all out with full intensity. You want to get picked over siraj or the other bowlers? need to step up. 

we badly need one tall bowler to compliment our deadly bumrah and siraj/shami combo. shami is also nearing 40 now. 

siraj was bowling 142K in his 9th over with an old bowl and simply bowling straight on the wickets- did nt understand why did avesh not attack the wickets or be on 4th stump and bowl at full steam at 140+ ......

if selectors need a slow pace bowler they will ALWAYS select Harshal Or Bhuvi ahead of AVesh..- dont understand why cant they get this thing in their head. what is your strength, why have you been picked ? because you bowl at 140-145K and get good bounce easily. 

i hated Munaf patel as i knew he had the capability to bowl 140+ and he bowled 120 to 135K and when batsman started attacking him , he lost his mojo. 

if a pacer has to reduce his speed to maintain his line n length , he should not play for India.

9 hours ago, SecondSlip said:

Have some shame, seriously! :hysterical:

Stop making excuses of the pitch and what not 

The post was about his first 2 overs.

He was poor thereafter.

P.S  -- I don't like Avesh because he lacks fitness snd stamina to sustain intensity and pace.  But he tried all the right things in his first 2 overs. 

17 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

siraj was bowling 142K in his 9th over with an old bowl and simply bowling straight on the wickets- did nt understand why did avesh not attack the wickets or be on 4th stump and bowl at full steam at 140+ ......

if selectors need a slow pace bowler they will ALWAYS select Harshal Or Bhuvi ahead of AVesh..- dont understand why cant they get this thing in their head. what is your strength, why have you been picked ? because you bowl at 140-145K and get good bounce easily. 

i hated Munaf patel as i knew he had the capability to bowl 140+ and he bowled 120 to 135K and when batsman started attacking him , he lost his mojo. 

if a pacer has to reduce his speed to maintain his line n length , he should not play for India.

The difference in attitude and fitness at the moment, between Siraj on the one hand and Prasidh / Avesh on the other, is becoming clearer.

After ability, the 2 most important things in fast bowling are attitude and fitness to bowl fast and bowl well. 

Bumrah, Shami and Siraj have them all ... Prasidh and Avesh are yet to prove these aspects. 

Edited by express bowling
16 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

I really want someone like steyn working with our pacers to keep up the hostility,and also keep repeating this, pitches must quicken up in India otherwise I don't see our pacers going to the next level from here.

Yes. The mental aspect and how one trains are the keys to fast bowling.

We see some sharp decline in both Prasidh and Umran from how they were bowling during the IPL.

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

very happy with the way siraj is bowling . 

What Siraj is doing in the last 3 ODIs is actually what complete fast bowling is all about and what most great quicks did. 

... He is trying outswing early on

... Going to hitting the deck hard for bounce and seam movement when the swing dies down. Exploiting the vagaries of the pitch if any.

... Back to bowling mostly seam-up and not much cross-seamed stuff.

... Lots of deliveries at 140 k to 145 k.

... Using the bouncer frequently ... both as a set ball as well as an intimidating weapon or to take wickets.

... Trying to bowl according to the weaknesses of the batsmen.

... Trying lots of straight quick yorkers at the death ... and some wide ones too.

... Trying slower ball bouncers at the end ... which he is bowling into the pitch at a slightly reduced pace ... this is what truly deceives batsmen.

Siraj and all other Indian quicks should use this type of bowling as a benchmark from now on.

Edited by express bowling
On 7/25/2022 at 8:23 AM, MultiB48 said:

Our pacers take it easy.Look at Ashwin ,he gets helpful pitches at home but still isn't happy ,as he gets older he knows he needs more help,so got the sg ball changed,now they loosened the stitch of the sg ball at Ashwin's insistence and I think the leather too might be treated differently and even the paint might be less thick, remember how the ball was falling apart in the test series vs eng.If the pacers were a bit more ambitious they could get the ball to be more helpful for them along with the pitch.I remember how Ganguly was complaining that the pink ball was hitting the bat too hard and needs to be made more batting friendly, even though he has long retired his batting instinct hasn't gone.

Lol no I think its based on pandyas inputs. Ashwin is a great spinner everyone knows he does not need any unfair advantage..