Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

3 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

And I think thats happening because he is not there. His focus is not there. I have always felt Shami is our most focussed and thinking bowler. Not here in south africa. Somethings missing. and its his focus.

Could be some niggle too.

Majoj Tiwary made him bowl 40 overs in 4 sessions in the Ranji SF ...... and he is looking very stiff after that.

9 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

selectors should have sent him immediately. He is ready to play test for India, already 25

This series is too important for us. We need wicket takers based on current form and fitness.

If I were a part of the team management, I would fly in Saini and play Bumrah, Bhuvi, Saini, Pandya and Ashwin as the 5 bowlers in the 3rd test.

Shami looks unfit and Ishant is not a wicket-taker.

8 minutes ago, express bowling said:

This series is too important for us. We need wicket takers based on current form and fitness.

If I were a part of the team management, I would fly in Saini and play Bumrah, Bhuvi, Saini, Pandya and Ashwin as the 5 bowlers in the 3rd test.

Shami looks unfit and Ishant is not a wicket-taker.

yes. they can still do it. next test has a week's gap. Shami has been disappointing. 

Edited by rkt.india

I have been following Indian cricket since 1990 and this series is the first time  i feel that our pace bowling resources have improved in aspects of speed and number of pace bowlers who can bowl at that speed. The one weakness that still exists is that we need a leader of bowling attack. It is still hot and cold. Sometimes we think Bhuvi is leader, sometime we get a feel Shami is leader of the attack, sometimes someone else. The forms are short. Then injury strikes or form is gone in half year or year or in months in some cases. The form of the leader of the bowling attack must be for a prolonged period of time. Just like our world class great  batters stay in form for years and years our bowlers should also show such long-lasting form. But overall i think we have progressed in pace department. 

16 hours ago, express bowling said:

I don't think Shami is looking lost .

In 3 out of 4 innings, he has bowled an excellent line and length.

The main difference I see is ... he is not hitting the deck hard as he usually does and is just putting the ball there.

shammi has been rubbish and most unimpressive in the second test match and first innings first test match.

Amazing spell of fast bowling by Shami

3 wickets in 6 overs and 2 more edges

Speeds 135 k to 144 k

Most importantly ... getting good bounce for which he is known for. Surprisingly ,he was lacking this earlier in the series. All 3 wickets were with deliveries that bounced extra.

Got reverse swing and seam movement 

Bowled in very good areas.

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Amazing spell of fast bowling by Shami

3 wickets in 6 overs and 2 more edges

Speeds 135 k to 143 k

Most importantly ... getting good bounce for which he is known for. Surprisingly ,he was lacking this earlier in the series. All 3 wickets were with deliveries that bounced extra.

Got reverse swing and seam movement 

Bowled in very good areas.

shammi should be called back , i guess he will come with the new ball only.