Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

How do these bowlers start bowling 20k's slower in international matches? I mean one thing is clear, even if they are touching these speeds genuinely, they cant sustain this in a test match or even ODI. 

Dont recall seeing Pakistani bowlers maintaining such speeds in international matches, tbh.

We should get the generous configuration settings for psl speed guns ,makes for better watching.:giggle:

BCCI idiots too busy counting all the money, less so on these things when every one else is doing it.

Edited by RAZPOR
2 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

How do these bowlers start bowling 20k's slower in international matches? I mean one thing is clear, even if they are touching these speeds genuinely, they cant sustain this in a test match or even ODI. 

Dont recall seeing Pakistani bowlers maintaining such speeds in international matches, tbh.

Hasnain has never played a test match. 

Shaheen was bowling the same speeds as Nortje in the latest test series. 

7 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Please mention the player who was 20kph slower in international cricket

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

Shaheen, Naseem... Amir when he last played international cricket. 

Amir is bowling exactly similar pace what he was bowling in  wc 19. Naseem shah has mostly  bowled quick in short career except first test vs Nz where his average pace was still 135 kph +

41 minutes ago, wc2023 said:

Amir is bowling exactly similar pace what he was bowling in  wc 19. Naseem shah has mostly  bowled quick in short career except first test vs Nz where his average pace was still 135 kph +

Really? Coz  I remember seeing him bowling 120's and occasional 130's. Amir was a bona fide trundler. Unless ofcourse we are talking about T20 where one just has to bowl 140. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Husnain

Rauf

Shaheen

Naseem

Dilbar

Hasan

That's some nice depth. There is potential. 

Potential is there. But speeds in T20 dont tell the whole story. 

Also, bowling quick is one thing. Bowling quality is another. You bowl a lollipop at 150 and you will be whacked all around the corners. And once that hits your confidence, your pace goes down immediately. 

Having said that, Pakistan has some decent bowlers. Will they be world class? Dont think so. Shaheen is a more than decent bowler, but not top notch. They lack guidance. 

13 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Really? Coz  I remember seeing him bowling 120's and occasional 130's. Amir was a bona fide trundler. Unless ofcourse we are talking about T20 where one just has to bowl 140. 

Bro Amir bowls a lot of slow deliveries but his normal deliveries are in 133 to 140kph with  some timrs reaching 143 to 145(once in a blue moon ) and he bowled similar pace in Wc 2019

57 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Potential is there. But speeds in T20 dont tell the whole story. 

Also, bowling quick is one thing. Bowling quality is another. You bowl a lollipop at 150 and you will be whacked all around the corners. And once that hits your confidence, your pace goes down immediately. 

Having said that, Pakistan has some decent bowlers. Will they be world class? Dont think so. Shaheen is a more than decent bowler, but not top notch. They lack guidance. 

India have depth too. 

Porel

Mavi

Tyagi

Prasidh Krishna

Avesh Khan

That's some crazy depth. 

I think Tyagi and prasidh along with porel will be future superstars. Mark my words. 

All 3 have done well in A tours. Going to be terrifying for teams. You think you had to deal with bumrah and Shami? Guess what. These three can be the backup for the third pacer spot once Ishant retires. 

10 minutes ago, Jay said:

I think Tyagi and prasidh along with porel will be future superstars. Mark my words. 

All 3 have done well in A tours. Going to be terrifying for teams. You think you had to deal with bumrah and Shami? Guess what. These three can be the backup for the third pacer spot once Ishant retires. 

Prasidh is already 24-25 ,if not now then when

Prasidh may too start late as Saini who has no cushion of being young and making a comeback after his meagre returns from Australia tour ,had he been young we could have invested more time on him ,pacers do take time to mature for that you need to debut them as early as 23-24

On 3/1/2021 at 10:49 PM, Vk1 said:

test bowling is not always about class.. it also has got a lot to do with the conditions.. how on earth can you explain Joe root picking 5/8 against the best batsmen of spin? In Eng, even military medium bowlers do reasonably well in helpful conditions.. a skillful bowler like Sandeep will probably do well in select venues like Lords

Bowlers who can consistently bowl 130 to 140 kph do well in england. Swing is not the reason for most batting collapses in England. It is usually when there is seam movement that batting gets really tough. Bowlers who can get movement off the seam by hitting the deck are still more valuable

35 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

if home pitches dont req pacers then we they will be wasted 

Pitches will be back to normal,anyways Prasidh has high chance of debuting in lois than tests

But to that happen he needs to perform at  every given opportunity this IPL,where he has been just average(mixed bag)

Tyagi has time and may feature in A tours first before getting considered for national duty

Edited by Suhaan
4 hours ago, wc2023 said:

Bro Amir bowls a lot of slow deliveries but his normal deliveries are in 133 to 140kph with  some timrs reaching 143 to 145(once in a blue moon ) and he bowled similar pace in Wc 2019

Dont take me wrong.I believe there are some quick bowlers in Pakistan. But seems to me they only try bowling quick in T20 tournaments. In international matches, they seem to mysteriously lose their pace. 

2 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Prasidh is already 24-25 ,if not now then when

Prasidh may too start late as Saini who has no cushion of being young and making a comeback after his meagre returns from Australia tour ,had he been young we could have invested more time on him ,pacers do take time to mature for that you need to debut them as early as 23-24

What is unclear to me is ... whether Team India have identified the next lot of quick bowlers who are going to come in after Bumrah, Shami and Umesh.

Almost all the new pacers coming through are swing bowlers like Chahar, Natarajan, Siraj and Shardul.

Siraj is the best of the swing bowlers and we need him in the long run.

But why are we choosing swing bowlers primarily !!  This T20 team has 4 shorter swing bowlers and just 1 fast bowler. Why this disparity !!  Why not choose 2 fast bowlers atleast !!  Avesh did so well in SMAT.

Saini is the only new fast bowler but is already 28 and not settled in the team. He is unlikely to bowl quick for a long time.

Why are young quick bowlers like Avesh, Prasidh, Tyagi, Mavi and Nagarkoti not being developed with special attention  !!!!  I am not understanding this part.

Edited by express bowling