Srinivasan,Raj Kundra named in IPL scandal report

This is insane... unnecessary speculation out of your hatred for someone...stop assuming things, which has not yet been proved, just to satisfy your hunger for drama/entertainment... Have some patience, let the case conclude...
The speculation is in the media. Dhoni or Raina or any big player most likely didnt fix or bet but there are other non ethical activities they may have done.

fact is, none of the India team superstars is foolish enough to engage in fixing. they know they will be risking substantial earnings and endorsements and IPL if they indulge in any such acts. Its a different matter for fringe players who see it as an opportunity to get rich since they dont have assured income playing for India. On the topic of Mudgal report, it will be waste of time and money - no concrete proofs. just saying that MSD spoke regularly with meiyappan does not prove anything.

Btw Dhoni seems to have been trapped in his own lies,assuming he is no.2 He said Meiyappan was not a team official,then why was Meiyappan in touch with Dhoni regularly and why was Dhoni also responding.If he was a official of CSK then Dhoni lied to the SC committee.
Valid point... Dhoni seems to have gotten himself into a big mess... Really hope Individual 2 is not Dhoni... But most likely it is...
fact is, none of the India team superstars is foolish enough to engage in fixing. they know they will be risking substantial earnings and endorsements and IPL if they indulge in any such acts. Its a different matter for fringe players who see it as an opportunity to get rich since they dont have assured income playing for India. On the topic of Mudgal report, it will be waste of time and money - no concrete proofs. just saying that MSD spoke regularly with meiyappan does not prove anything.
Why did MSD speak to someone who is known to be a regular betting man?He visited MSD's room many times as well. The SC observations dont say that Mudgal report is a waste of time and thats what matters and proof will be decided by the SC.

Lalit Modi admits to financing plea against Srinivasan

Suspended Indian Premier League Commissioner Lalit Modi revealed on Monday that he was financing petitioner Aditya Verma in the IPL spot-fixing case. He told a private television channel, “I am financing the petition against Mr. Srinivasan and others. There is no harm in backing anyone who helps me. BCCI wants to sweep everything under the carpet.†Mr. Modi also tweeted: “I agree conflict of interest must go. Further the guilty must be punished and made example of. CSK and RR must be cancelled.†Mr. Verma was pleased that something good would come out of the case and expected the apex court to set matters right and stop Mr. Srinivasan from contesting (for the post of the Board president). Mr. Srinivasan however, said he would not react to matters under the apex court’s consideration. Queried about some strong observations made by the Supreme Court, a senior counsel representing the defendant in the case said to The Hindu, “When the other side argued the case, the Supreme Court asked us some questions such as the one relating to the conflict of interest.†“It is for us to reply to those questions as and when our turn comes. The observations made by the honourable court are not a verdict in themselves,†he added. A senior Board official close to Mr. Srinivasan told this newspaper: “We are confident that when our turn comes we will be able to put our side forcefully before the Supreme Court. We respect the apex court.†BCCI vice-president Rajiv Shukla said, “The matter is before the court, will not comment on the case.†He added the BCCI would have to abide by the apex court’s decision. Former India captain Bishan Singh Bedi said “I am happy and sad at how things are taking shape.†“I am sad that Supreme Court had to show the light to the people on how to run the game which has millions of passionate followers from all sections. But I am happy that eventually truth is prevailing. It will be good for cricket, which is truly a gentleman’s game even in this commercial and competitive set up of today,†he added. Yesteryear off-spin legend Erapalli Prasanna said: “We should all wait for the final decision of the court and refrain from passing comments at this stage.â€
Why did MSD speak to someone who is known to be a regular betting man?He visited MSD's room many times as well. The SC observations dont say that Mudgal report is a waste of time and thats what matters and proof will be decided by the SC.
Did Dhoni know he was betting? Being with team like CEO, it is obvious that they will be in touch. Mayyapan used to be there in most CSK matches.

I have said this many times,MSD might be a lot of things,but he is not a match fixer and TBH so is Srini.....The guy loves his Cricket....there is a reason why so many meaningless ODI's played in the Dalmiya era,Since Srini has taken charge,test cricket has been given importance...Now the on-field performance that's a different story and cannot blame Srini for that CSK now that is a part of IPL and IPL is a golden goose which only the bitter ones that don't get a shot will complain about...no administrator in his right mind will scrap IPL and Srini cannot be blamed for that

I have said this many times,MSD might be a lot of things,but he is not a match fixer and TBH so is Srini.....The guy loves his Cricket....there is a reason why so many meaningless ODI's played in the Dalmiya era,Since Srini has taken charge,test cricket has been given importance...Now the on-field performance that's a different story and cannot blame Srini for that CSK now that is a part of IPL and IPL is a golden goose which only the bitter ones that don't get a shot will complain about...no administrator in his right mind will scrap IPL and Srini cannot be blamed for that
:56546007.jpg
:56546007.jpg
No Way in hell I am a Srini Mama fan but it is a no brainer that he is better than some of the other crooks.....How come the spotfixing in stupid Tamasha league is raising everyone's emotions,when the biggest scandal in cricket the match fixing saga happened in the Dalmiya era? SImple Srini Mama has more cricketing accumen than all the other crooks,the difference is given an option between a money loving selfish crook and a money loving selfish but cricket loving crook,I will pick the latter. Having said that Dalmiya is my 2nd pick....He mad a lot of money for himself but also took good care of the cricketers and so has Srini but Srini is better for Indian cricket. Unfortunately none of our big stars are reliable or leaders to run a cricket board....Gavaskar has shown to be a yes man,Kapil with ICL etc. is shady in his own right,SRT was never a guy who wanted to be in a leadership position,Ganguly too hot headed to run an organisation,Dravid well can't envison him heading BCCI Lol. Only guy dare I say might be Kumble but again that's a wild card. Show me one Indian Businessman/Politician who will put cricket before their own agendas.....Srini has too but he has done some good things as well.
Well he has been acquitted and now it clearly looks like a witch hunt which I disagree with and he is well within his rights to ask for it? This is not a local court is it....it is the supreme court and well it is well worth to go for it
Again, isnt it one more instance of conflict of interest that the company he runs has employees in various committees of BCCI ?
Again' date=' isnt it one more instance of conflict of interest that the company he runs has employees in various committees of BCCI ?[/quote'] That is not even as big of a deal as owning a franchise when he is also the BCCI president,if he got away with that,this is almost inconsequential. Now has he employed these guys with an intention to access complete control...of course it is a no brainer, but it is simple,any administrator in the world will justify that he has brought his own team to increase efficiency....I am pretty sure otherwise why would he ask for it? As I said Srini is a crook but now it almost feels like a witch hunt in nitpicking every minute thing when he has obviously been acquitted(so far) of bigger irregularities and for that he definitely has my respect for showing balls. I think Indian cricket will only get stronger from a administrative perspective under him.
and to top it' date=' he wants the court to re-instate the officials from India Cements who were part of various sub-committees at the BCCI.
Well that source doesn't tell what sub committees these guys were part of. And technically, BCCI is a trust, so it can have committees and sub committees with people who are part of other organisations. Only if there is explicit assertion that "arms length" basis has not been followed, then there is a problem. That is also why India cements can own CSK and run it. Because IC went through the same process other franchise owners did and bids were all transparent. Further, the players were drafted as part of public auction so everything is based on an arms length basis. The words "conflict of interest" is being thrown around without much thought in this matter, I feel.
Yep. Mama is also responsible why nations aren't playing T20 cricket with each other. He understands T20 is primarily club cricket version and gives due importance in that manner.