Dhoni has retired from Test Cricket with immediate effect

Gambit

:grouphug:Everyone has to go one day...abhi WC baaki hai.
:icflove:
How does it feel when others abuse your hero? You have abused a player others have liked for years. Shoe is on the other feet right? Hurts, doesn't it If you had given respect people would have treated you with respect Anyways, he retired when he couldn't contribute? That was at least 2-3 years ago in tests
I never abused him before this post. In fact I was mocked when I reported a thread in which Sachin was abused. And sorry but I am in no mood to do this again @ bold

I wud have thought he was more prudent than this. He wud have taken this decision some time back, so why bother playing at all in this series? He should have quit without playing further VK shud have been captaining thoughout, and that would have helped the team more than this way Poor thinking, or atleast the logic doesnt seem to work

I wud have thought he was more prudent than this. He wud have taken this decision some time back, so why bother playing at all in this series? He should have quit without playing further VK shud have been captaining thoughout, and that would have helped the team more than this way Poor thinking, or atleast the logic doesnt seem to work
Very true, he really didn't want to play the series as he was in Australia but didn't play and now this. He has never appeared very interested in test cricket. Having said that, I wonder if he has offered to retire in the past and our babus begged him to stay. I think it's very likely
I have a lot to say so here I go 1. I'm glad he took the decision and this way VK will have time and opportunity to gain a little more experience. 2. It's 2 years too late, had it been any other board, 2 whitewashes would have done it 3. I don't think he is really 33 4. He never seemed interested in test cricket The most important one, he is a brave man. He didn't quit when he saw that he has to deal with sharmas all the time. Any other person would have refused to lead a team filled with our phaast boilers.
Well Australia got whitewashed in 2 away tours - India and UAE. ACB didn't fire Clarke.
Kohli wasn't even sure of his place when the series ? Dhoni probably would have retired from this series if Kohli had a decent series in England. After the the horror series Kohli and Pujara had his only option was to continue till this series
Well Australia got whitewashed in 2 away tours - India an UAE. ACB didn't fire Clarke.
If Clarke didn't contribute in 2-3 series then why not ? I know how Aussies fire captains who can't perform both as skipper and batsmen. They do give them room but not for very long. In the hindsight, would it have been that awful to make someone like smith captain a year ago? It's ok for new people to fail, I used to say the same for SRT & co as well that this BS of not enough good replacement doesn't make any sense.

Dhoni has retired from Test Cricket with immediate effect

Kohli wasn't even sure of his place when the series ? Dhoni probably would have retired from this series if Kohli had a decent series in England. After the the horror series Kohli and Pujara had his only option was to continue till this series
Have faith in a youngster who has done it in the past, it's worth failing with a youngster then to KEEP failing with the old ones. What's the worst, whitewash or series loss ? That usually happens anyway.
Who'd have taken over?Sehwag:cantstop:
Yup. Precisely the reason why Dhoni had to stay longer, till Kohli established himself as a Test player first, before taking up captaincy... Glad that he decided to hang on, else we would still be seeing Viru-Gambo fishing outside the off stump, and Murali Vijay playing domestic cricket