Dhoni has retired from Test Cricket with immediate effect

Gambit

Not middle of the series but after the series us lost Not this year.One of our best bat in 2014 He realized this is the end of cycle for test and new captain needs experience before going overseas in 3-4 .We don't have any tough overseas assignment in that period Its not in him like some other to stat peddle at home and retire leaving the youngsters no experience for overseas And how does retiring only from tests help even in modgul case?
Series is still going on. I said "usually". He has had one good year with the bat otherwise he has never contributed overseas when it mattered. And what exactly did he teach youngsters???? At least with Kohli as Captain in the first test we lost while trying to win. If Dhoni had been captain I am 100% certain that he would have gone for a draw from the start - he had just given up on wins.
Series is still going on. I said "usually". He has had one good year with the bat otherwise he has never contributed overseas when it mattered. And what exactly did he teach youngsters???? At least with Kohli as Captain in the first test we lost while trying to win. If Dhoni had been captain I am 100% certain that he would have gone for a draw from the start - he had just given up on wins.
Pontimg stepped down middle of series .Kumble did the same.Strauss N Hussain and Vaughan all did the same.Most captains do the same when the series is lost so that the new cpatians get valuable experience without any pressure . Most captains do the same.
what test series are we playing before the WC, which will make this decision look so good. Dhoni has to call it quits in ODI too before Aus ODI series. Cant see him handling pressure in WC captaincy when he has been made to feel a failure so close to the WC
dhoni is quite self aware. He himself has accepted he is not a good test player especially overseas. he has been planning this for a couple of years now and always wanted to quit tests I don't think this will change his approch in ODIs
Thanks for the support cg. :(( He could have stayed as a player at least. **** off you ****ing bhakt of biggest glory hunter. At least Dhoni retired when he felt he was not able to contribute unlike that glory hunting piece of ****.
His ego wouldn't have allowed and he would have found it difficult to worry about his selection in final 11 all the time.
BS.He later said it was the right decision when he could have easily said otherwise to undermine Kohli.And there is no comparable situation to say that except Chennai Test where we did go for 387