Virat Kohli's Century Monitor

b555

But still, id rate Gayle more destructive than Kohli atm. If kohli had the strength of gayle, then he would defitinely be more destructive. :two_thumbs_up:
At the start of innings yes, but when Kohli's set in the middle of the innings nobody comes close to Kohli IMO. It doesn't matter whether power-play is on, whether all the fielders are on the boundary, whether it's a spinner or pacer, Kohli takes the bowling apart.

Stats Kohli's last 8 innings 128*, 38, 1, 106, 183, 66, 108, 133* 850 runs Average : 106.25 __________________________________________________________________________ The fastest to reach 4000 ODI runs was Sir Viv - 88 innings. Kohli is playing his 86th innings now and already has 3845 (as of 41st over). He still can equal Sir Viv if not break the record. However, going by his current form he will atleast be 2nd going past Greenidge who took 96 innings. http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/records/283157.html __________________________________________________________________________ Fastest 1000 runs in a calender year. Fastest 13th ton __________________________________________________________________________

Nothing to do with nationality. You have to admire a talent like Kohli when you see it just like lots of Indians are huge Wasim Akram fans and most of them have him in their World XIs :smiley:
Actually i never was fan of any Pak players may be its your generalisation there is difference between respecting and being their fan.

Quite a bit premature I think. 11 out 13 ODI hundreds have come in the subcontinent. 1 hundred against England in England, 1 hundred in Australia but that too was against Sri Lanka. A terrific overall record already, but too many blanks still to be filled.

Quite a bit premature I think. 11 out 13 ODI hundreds have come in the subcontinent. 1 hundred against England in England' date=' 1 hundred in Australia but that too was against Sri Lanka. A terrific overall record already, but too many blanks still to be filled.[/quote'] Agree. Struggled against Australian pacers in Australia in ODIs.
Quite a bit premature I think. 11 out 13 ODI hundreds have come in the subcontinent. 1 hundred against England in England' date=' 1 hundred in Australia but that too was against Sri Lanka. A terrific overall record already, but too many blanks still to be filled.[/quote'] and pitches in England are flat as ****
Agree. Struggled against Australian pacers in Australia in ODIs.
but did well in tests.. he struggled in odis for most part .. this is wht usually happens there with batsmen for some reason tendulkar in 2008 ..before that collingwood wht abt his good inning sin south africa was our best bat there on tough tracks (before world cup )

^ No one is saying he is a bad player. I would reserve that for the likes of Raina (who, IMO, can't bat even for giggles). Just saying all this is a bit of excess. There are a lot more things he needs to do before being called things like "most destructive" etc.

But still, id rate Gayle more destructive than Kohli atm. If kohli had the strength of gayle, then he would defitinely be more destructive. :two_thumbs_up:
kohli is not a big hitter.. when comes to hitting when they r in form , there are lot many baaps arnd , sehwag , msd , gayle, abdv , watto , ex ponting ...
Disagree. Kohli has more bigger overs (12 runs +) consistantly than Gayle or the others you metioned without even much effort when he is on song
^ No one is saying he is a bad player. I would reserve that for the likes of Raina (who' date=' IMO, can't bat even for giggles). Just saying all this is a bit of excess. There are a lot more things he needs to do before being called things like "most destructive" etc.[/quote'] lol i did not but right now there is not even one batsman in world who can do these things even at their home :) and kohli hasnt disappointed anywhere yet he actually did got 70 odd against australia too in tht cb series ..just looked tired in tht series for most part thing is jsut look at his innings today it wasnt easy ball was swinging rohit and co made batting look so difficult but kohli was really comfortable and was playing swing so well! so u wont see people questioning him at all and tbh u cant blame him for england preparing flat tracks in odis they always do..and in south africao n juicy tracks he was best batsman from our team y a mile and he has improved his technique a lot ever since!