Why Ashwin will be a better captain than Kohli

Been advocating Ashwin for captain for a while. He just needs to secure a spot in the team. Seems to be bowling a lot better this WC (barring last match). But, yeh agree with most of what is written in OP.
His spot is pretty much secure now that India will be playing in India for a while now. The problem is to improve his bowling abroad he has to take the tough road - he needs to play getting thrashed then get into his groove. These are typical rituals for subcontinental spinners. Kumble had a very tough time touring outside SC during his first decade of career, but due to his home prowess his place in the side was never in doubt.

Imo, with 3 formats and its heavy workload, it's sensible if India has multiple captains. It's a perfect opportunity to groom leaders and have different playing styles. Virat, Ashwin and Raina are most likely of the names for potential captaincy and so we should have at least 2 of them leading one of our teams in future.

Imo, with 3 formats and its heavy workload, it's sensible if India has multiple captains. It's a perfect opportunity to groom leaders and have different playing styles. Virat, Ashwin and Raina are most likely of the names for potential captaincy and so we should have at least 2 of them leading one of our teams in future.
Good thought. Virat for ODI, Raina for T20 and Ashwin for Tests... But really doubt they'll go with multiple captains... Something India has never done in the past over extended periods of time...

Who said Captain cannot be combative, Kohli is fine he will learn to calm down as he gains more experience.As long as he can galvanize the team and get best out of them he should be fine. This notion that Captain needs to appear passive is just ridiculous. Didn't we have Dhoni who is as passive as they come and what did we get out of it in tests. Catering to media is not one of his main jobs, he will learn to be professional in time.

I'm quite surprised with the people here, they all wanted an aggressive captain and now they are leaning towards a guy similar to Dhoni's who is not even a regular fit in tests overseas. I know Kohli is a bit over-aggressive at times but well as long as he continues to perform well and lead well-aggressively, I don't give a **** about his off-field activities.

A stellar show by Ashwin this WC. Even Kumble never bowled anything close to this in any previous edition of CWC. Economy rate of 4.28 in this era , are you kidding me. 1st name in my XI, very mature,deserves to be captain ahead of that brat.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/off-the-field/One-should-be-ashamed-for-criticizing-Anushka-says-Virat-Kohli/articleshow/46875867.cms "Personally, I was very disappointed. In last five years, the number of matches I've helped India win and the consistently I've played is more than anyone else in the team. I don't think there's anybody else in the team who has done better than me," Kohli answered with same swagger that one finds in his batting. "To see those reactions after just one match was very disappointing for me personally. It makes you lose faith in a lot of people. It's a good thing in a way. You get to know who's with you and who's not. It was not in my control. But the reactions were very disappointing," "It's funny that I never know when my rough patch comes but you make the judgement. In my case, if I don't do well in two games, it's dip in form but if some other player performs two games out of 10, they come back in form," Kohli was at his sarcastic best. :facepalm: Ashwin is a better bet. Him as captain and Rahane as VC is the best way forward for Indian cricket. But then Kohli will start his back door politics to undermine these guys. Tough road ahead for us.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/off-the-field/One-should-be-ashamed-for-criticizing-Anushka-says-Virat-Kohli/articleshow/46875867.cms "Personally, I was very disappointed. In last five years, the number of matches I've helped India win and the consistently I've played is more than anyone else in the team. I don't think there's anybody else in the team who has done better than me," Kohli answered with same swagger that one finds in his batting. "To see those reactions after just one match was very disappointing for me personally. It makes you lose faith in a lot of people. It's a good thing in a way. You get to know who's with you and who's not. It was not in my control. But the reactions were very disappointing," "It's funny that I never know when my rough patch comes but you make the judgement. In my case, if I don't do well in two games, it's dip in form but if some other player performs two games out of 10, they come back in form," Kohli was at his sarcastic best. :facepalm: Ashwin is a better bet. Him as captain and Rahane as VC is the best way forward for Indian cricket. But then Kohli will start his back door politics to undermine these guys. Tough road ahead for us.
That's disappointing. Being a prominent player in the playing XI he should know better than to compare himself with the others in the team.
Let Ashwin cement his spot in the team first. Then we will think about captaincy.
I tests he is our biggest matchwinner the last 4 years. Genuine all rounder prospect much following in the footsteps of legends like Botham, Kapil. In ODIs seeing the way Jadeja bowls these days, Axar's suspect action,Mishraji's belly,Karan Sharma's pies no one can challenge Ashwin's spot.

Wtf is wrong with everyone. Hate bandwagoners. Just cuz Dhoni is calm n commentators go gaga over Captain Kool, our next captains don't have to look calm. What do u guys want. This is not a Nobel peace prize competition. It will kill the agesssion from our youth. I will rather have aggressive captains like NHussain, SWaugh, Ganguly, Ponting, Imran in Kohli than the next Gandhi Misbah