Speed and performance of medium pacers, trundlers and fast bowlers in Ipl

vishalvirsingh

18 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Apart from Bumrah and , to some extent Bhuvi. no other Indian pacer seems to have practiced the yorker enough. That is disappointing.

Biggest problem with most Indian pacers is that they don't practice bowling enough. At least that is the impression they give while bowling.

or even if they do, they lack intensity while practicing.

I am really disappointed with Aaron. He seems to not have worked hard on his bowling. In T20s, it is all about variation, cant be predictable. He still doesnt have a good slower ball. He does bowl it but it is not deceptive and can be picked easily. With his pace at 145-150, his slower ball should be really effective but it isnt. Neither he has worked on his yorkers well enough. He still bowls a lot of beamers trying to bowl yorker. If you are a bowler bowling in T20s, you must be really good at these two options. Otherwise, forget T20 and play county cricket and concentrate on test match bowling.

He can be a good test match bowler.....

Yeah....he has to improve a lot but for that he has to fit consistently

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

An interesting thing about Aaron this season is that he is bowling a good line and length for test matches and ODIs ( apart from the slog overs .  ).  He is not that good in  T20s till now but maybe he will do better in tests and ODIs as he is bowling a lot of good length and around off-stump deliveries punctuated by good bouncers.

Shami was expensive in his first over but came back strongly  in the next two.  Bowled some good bouncers and yorkers at pace. His dismissal of Henriques was spectacular.  He was beaten for pace as well as inswing.

His speeds were 135 k to 144 k and he was beating batsmen for pace regularly.

Mumbai fast bowler Shardul Thakur, who was one of the players released by Kings XI Punjab midway through IPL 2016, said he was hurt by the "feeling of being left out". Thakur was Mumbai's highest wicket-taker during their Ranji Trophy win in the 2015-16 season but has not played a match for Kings XI in this season.

Really poor from Punjab

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I missed Ankit Rajpoot's spell.   He has returned with good figures of 1 for 14  off 2 overs.  

How did he bowl and what was his speed range ?

He showed good control but speeds were a bit of a let down. Mainly in the 131-135k range, may be a few deliveries that were marginally quicker. Considering that he's only 22 and playing his first game, hopefully should get quicker

13 minutes ago, MK55 said:

He showed good control but speeds were a bit of a let down. Mainly in the 131-135k range, may be a few deliveries that were marginally quicker. Considering that he's only 22 and playing his first game, hopefully should get quicker

Thanks for the info bro.

I have seen him bowl 135 k to 142 k consistently this season...... in SMA trophy I think.

8 hours ago, Mosher said:

Rajpoot's quickest yesterday was 137K. But the good thing was he was getting some awkward bounce and hurrying the batsman. 

Bounce is one of Rajpoot's strong points as the hits the deck hard and is tall too. He can be a very good bowler if he can bowl  135 k to 142  k.