Speed and performance of medium pacers, trundlers and fast bowlers in Ipl

vishalvirsingh

Ankit Rajpoot bowled very well in his first 2 overs.... in good areas and did not spray the ball around. Impressed by his speeds too....clocked 135 k to 145 k with lots of 140 k + deliveries. He visually hurried batsmen at times. Got some movement too.  

He got hit in his last over by Kohli and ABDV but tried to bowl yorkers mainly and his objective was good.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Ankit Rajpoot bowled very well in his first 2 overs.... in good areas and did not spray the ball around. Impressed by his speeds too....clocked 135 k to 145 k with lots of 140 k + deliveries. He visually hurried batsmen at times. Got some movement too.  

He got hit in his last over by Kohli and ABDV but tried to bowl yorkers mainly and his objective was good.

Ankit rajput is very promising. ..

On 4/17/2016 at 9:43 PM, express bowling said:

Shhardul to me is not good enough for International cricket, he doesn't have a ything that will surprise batsmen, he bowls around 133 K average , doesn't get much bounce, stamina is lacking and often seen bowling at 120s in domestic, he along with Dhawal R no good for me

Warrier, Shukla, Ankit to some extent, Sran has potential, Suyal to me is a case of talent one wasted as for now, Aniket C R bowlers I am interested more in

43 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

Warrier, Shukla, Ankit to some extent, Sran has potential, Suyal to me is a case of talent one wasted as for now, Aniket C R bowlers I am interested more in

I like Nathu Singh, Ankit Rajpoot and Pawan Suyal.   All have decent control over their bowling as well as pace and the first two get bounce too.   And I would like to watch more of Aniket Chowdhury ....he may have potential.

Shami and Bumrah are two such bowlers,  with both pace and decent control,  already playing for India.   

Shardul is a good bowler for domestic cricket but perhaps not good enough for international cricket as of now.

Edited by express bowling

With his height, if groomed well, Rajpoot could be a real deal. He has started to add some muscles and that shows in the speeds he was bowling. He isn't ready for international cricket yet but some A tours and another season of FC cricket should see him be ready to play for the national side.

Hope Kohli keeps a watch him having played him yesterday. Raina obviously will have good words to say about him.

29 minutes ago, Shoonya said:

With his height, if groomed well, Rajpoot could be a real deal. He has started to add some muscles and that shows in the speeds he was bowling. He isn't ready for international cricket yet but some A tours and another season of FC cricket should see him be ready to play for the national side.

Hope Kohli keeps a watch him having played him yesterday. Raina obviously will have good words to say about him.

We need to keep an eye on tall fast bowlers with decent pace. Extra bounce is what troubles the batsmen more in international cricket than just raw pace.

15 hours ago, express bowling said:

I like Nathu Singh, Ankit Rajpoot and Pawan Suyal.   All have decent control over their bowling as well as pace and the first two get bounce too.   And I would like to watch more of Aniket Chowdhury ....he may have potential.

Shami and Bumrah are two such bowlers,  with both pace and decent control,  already playing for India.   

Shardul is a good bowler for domestic cricket but perhaps not good enough for international cricket as of now.

totally agree with you...shardul, dhawal and some others will never be good enough for intl cricket....

chowdhary, rajpoot nathu have the body, height and pace to play intl cricket....but has to mature and develop consistency ....also add the U19 pace bowler Avesh to this list

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

We need to keep an eye on tall fast bowlers with decent pace. Extra bounce is what troubles the batsmen more in international cricket than just raw pace.

Bounce at decent pace is what the current Indian team lacks when Ishant and Aaron are not playing.  It would be nice if  Nathu Singh, Rajpoot and Avesh Khan can become good enough to play for India. All can hit the deck hard and get bounce at decent pace.    And lets see how Aniket shapes up.  Even Khaleel is tall .

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Eager to watch deepak chahar today....hope he still has that banana swing and as someone said added a few yards too....really looking forward

What i liked about him is that....he was hitting the deck hard

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Chahar has gained quite a lot of pace since his debut where he was bowling in low 120s, now in mid to high 130s and he looks stronger.

He was bowling 130 k to 137 k  in a T20 match.  Chances are he will bowl slower in the longer formats.  Don't think that would work in international matches at his height.

17 minutes ago, express bowling said:

He was bowling 130 k to 137 k  in a T20 match.  Chances are he will bowl slower in the longer formats.  Don't think that would work in international matches at his height.

this was his first game, so probably was not going all out in terms of pace. Might bowl quicker if he plays more. Ankit Rajpoot's fastest was 137 in his first game. Also, it depends on stamina if he can sustain same pace in other formats. Lot of bowlers bowl at same pace regardless of the format.

5 hours ago, renjith said:

Can someone compare b kumar to ankit rajput and deepak chahar on current level. who is more preferable in odi team? i hope none of the 3 are strong enough yet to play in test team.

Bhuvi is far ahead of other two as a bowler across formats.Its not that Chahar or Rajpoot are regular 90 mph fast bowlers, they too are medium pace, more around 84-85 mph, Bhuvi is 82-83 mph on average but is far more accurate and more consistent.

Did not watch Chahr bowl, but Ankit Rajpoot needs one more FC season and some A tours before coming into contention for National side Has a decent FC stats, needs a 35+ wicket season or some headline grabbing spell to be in limelight.

9 hours ago, rkt.india said:

this was his first game, so probably was not going all out in terms of pace. Might bowl quicker if he plays more. Ankit Rajpoot's fastest was 137 in his first game. Also, it depends on stamina if he can sustain same pace in other formats. Lot of bowlers bowl at same pace regardless of the format.

Bowlers who bowl at the same pace across formats are usually those who have natural pace like Aaron or Umesh. Those who develop pace later on in their careers usually don't because it is often dependent on extra effort and stamina.  Good example would be Bhuvi. 

Edited by express bowling

This year's IPL has been disappointing for me bowling wise.

Ishant started off well but couldn't sustain that form. There seems to be a lack of clarity in Aaron's bowling. Its another issue that the pitch and the ground at Chinnaswami is a joke He isn't someone who has got a well deceived slower delivery and hence its pointless bowling so many slow balls in the first over itself. Would be best if he bowls flat out and minimizes  those fancy wide of the stump slow yorkers/ slow bouncers etc. Also, this strategy of making him bowl in overs 10-14 has made him defensive and signalling to him that his priority is to restrict run scoring. He isn't that kind of bowler. Umesh has been on and off and nothing noteworthy so far. Same's the case with Shami.

Obviously bowling's our biggest worry and sadly this IPL and nature of wickets that we've got has done more harm than good to our test fast bowlers. Barring some batting knocks of Kohli/AB, I'm feeling a bit intoxicated with so much T20 cricket.  Just looking forward to the next test series.