Who is the Most Overrated Cricketer?

I think it has to be Michel Bevan and I havevery sound logic to prove that. Michel Bevan is rated higher than Dhoni, who himself is massively overrarted, but infact is inferior to him. So there are three stages of overrating that is happening with Michel Bewan. 1. He is overrated to be considered equal to Actual Dhoni. 2. He is further overrated to be considered equal to Overrated Dhoni. 3. He is even further overarted to be considered better than Overarted Dhoni. So no way anyone can be as overrated as Michael Bevan.

I think it has to be Michel Bevan and I havevery sound logic to prove that. Michel Bevan is rated higher than Dhoni, who himself is massively overrarted, but infact is inferior to him. So there are three stages of overrating that is happening with Michel Bewan. 1. He is overrated to be considered equal to Actual Dhoni. 2. He is further overrated to be considered equal to Overrated Dhoni. 3. He is even further overarted to be considered better than Overarted Dhoni. So no way anyone can be as overrated as Michael Bevan.
Ok.. Next :dance:

Current Players Over-rated:

Ishant Sharma,

Jason Roy,

Mohammad Amir

Yasir Shah,

Ashwin,

Ben Ducket,

Usman Khwaja,

Imran Tahir,

Cheteshwar Pujara,

Trent Boult,

Mitch Marsh,

Shaun Marsh,

Umesh Yadav,

Varun Aaron,

Farhan Behardein,

Travis Head,

Shakib ul Hasan the bowler,

Moeen Ali the bowler,

Rohit Sharma,

Dhoni only as a match-winner,

Sharjeel khan,

Umar Akmal,

Edited by Pollack

Current players, by country:

Australia - Pat Cummins (bowls short nonsense 99% of the time, gets tail ender wickets to boost stats)

New Zealand - Tim Southee (goes for PLENTY, often...)

West Indies - Dwayne Bravo (Dunno if it's just me, but 9/10 times I watch him play he fails)

India - Ravindra Jadeja (Keep reading how good he is, keep not seeing it)

England - Jason Roy (Soooooooooooo much hype about him in the media, failed every game in the big bash)

Other countries - I don't have enough intel to judge.

14 hours ago, palehorse said:

The most overrated players (since 90s) - Michael Bevan, Lance Klusener, Wasim Akram, Saurav Ganguly..

And the most underrated - Marcus Trescothick, Aravinda De Silva, Dean Jones, Chaminda Vaas

:cantstop:

I find it odd that bevan is so underrated to be be overrated, he is rated mostly due to individual performaces in dire circumstances. Controlling not only the game but the strike.

He single handedly won games in certain circumstances. Lost causes that very few players could have the patience to manage, he did it while looking like it was nothing. 

I dont have any issue with people saying he was an overrated player as a whole. But his record speaks for itself. "Most overrated player" could go to 100 people before his name deserves a mention in my opinion

If you are basing this based on his position in stat lists.... then your an idiot.

Sorry that was rude.

3 hours ago, speedheat said:

Pollack was also overrated emoji13.png

Shaun Pollock stats:

Tests: 421 wickets @ 23.11 SR 57.8
ODIs: 393 @ 24.50 SR 39.90

If anything he was under rated and overshadowed by Donald who was statistically only a bit better.He being line and length bowler did not appeal the fake aggression brigade.

32 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Mark Waugh

Philip Defrietas

Md. Amir

Graeme Hick

Shahid Afridi

Umar Akmal

Krishnamachari Srikanth

Bhuvneshwar Kumar

Saeed Anwar

David Gower

Navjot Sidhu

Geoffrey Boycott

Faf DuPlesis

Atul Sharma

Ajantha Mendis

Wahab Riaz

...... and hope I did not miss Mark Waugh  

i think you forgot to mention mark waugh?

27 minutes ago, Sidhoni said:

Ben Stokes - LOIs

David Warner - Tests

Rohit Sharma

Mohd Amir

Umesh Yadav - based on India's best pacer remark

Imran Tahir - somehow doesn't come across as no. 1 in LOIs

A guy who has the highest ever score in ODI's....2 200's,world record holder for most 6's in a match, one of the biggest T20 franchise players in world cricket,rated by every pundit out there who probably understand cricket a lot more than arm chair experts is overrated.

Oh wait why am I not surprised? It is coming from you so makes sense

12 minutes ago, maniac said:

A guy who has the highest ever score in ODI's....2 200's,world record holder for most 6's in a match, one of the biggest T20 franchise players in world cricket,rated by every pundit out there who probably understand cricket a lot more than arm chair experts is overrated.

Oh wait why am I not surprised? It is coming from you so makes sense

Guy's been playing for 10 years now. You tell me why he hasn't established himself in tests? He has been more hyped than anyone else. Before Kohli came in we have been hearing about how Rohit is the next best thing. Now look at the two, even Rahane is so much better. The amount of chances Rohit had is more than anyone else, in every format at different batting order. With same amount of chances after repeated failures, expect anyone to do well. 

Go through this thread and you'll find more people than me who think the same way. So its good if you keep your personal attacks to yourself. 

Shaun Pollock stats:

Tests: 421 wickets @ 23.11 SR 57.8

ODIs: 393 @ 24.50 SR 39.90

If anything he was under rated and overshadowed by Donald who was statistically only a bit better.He being line and length bowler did not appeal the fake aggression brigade.

I was just kidding yaar I loved watching Pollock bowled their was something different in him, bowling action was swift and could generate bounce on low slow subcontinent wickets he was NEVER A OVERRATED cricketer in fact underrated as an allrounder, you know I hate trundlers and can't bear them but Pollock was the exception he didn't bowled fast but he is from few of those trundlers whom I liked ..Tim southee kulasekara bhuvi and lonvowobe tstobe are few other trundlers whom I like