Yorkshire Pujara Watch/County Cricket 2015 Thread

G_B_

Also he got samit patel :giggle:. I dont know what he was trying to do. Seems like indian cricketers wants play fast bowling only and get out to mediocre spinners like ali and patel.
We have been so rubbish these days that every spinner has to simply turn up to own us. :(( Either they bowl well and we get out or we have a brain fart moment and get out.
Also he got samit patel :giggle:. I dont know what he was trying to do. Seems like indian cricketers wants play fast bowling only and get out to mediocre spinners like ali and patel.
Patel is not mediocre. He'd be the 2nd best spinner in India
Yorkshire might start losing patience with Pujara. Unfortunately' date=' Pujrara's struggles continue. It seems to vindicate Kohli's decision to drop him. Pujara needs to figure out a way to get past 20s-30s.[/quote'] Kohli picked Raina ahead if Pujara .That after Pujara played a vital knock saving the Melbourne test .

I'm afraid to say he looked out of his depth today against a pretty average attack even by county standards, who just bowled a good line and length and hoped for swing, which there was this morning. He was lucky to get 18 and last 70 odd balls, plenty of close shouts before he was eventually put out of his misery

I'm afraid to say he looked out of his depth today against a pretty average attack even by county standards' date=' who just bowled a good line and length and hoped for swing, which there was this morning. He was lucky to get 18 and last 70 odd balls, plenty of close shouts before he was eventually put out of his misery[/quote'] yup Dravid did well in county. Pujara was supposed to replace Dravid. It is a far cry at this point
Kohli picked Raina ahead if Pujara .That after Pujara played a vital knock saving the Melbourne test .
What I really meant was Kohli picking Rohit Sharma at 3 instead of Pujara. Raina was perhaps a pick of Shastri and I would never again like to see Raina anywhere near the Test team. He should not even be in the same city as where India is playing a Test match so that he is not even a last minute injury backup option. In that Melbourne Test, Pujara got 25 & 21. I wouldn't really consider the 21 as a "match-saving knock". But the results extended Pujara's long form slump. His away record is pathetic and he needs to do some work. He is getting stuck in the 20s/30s far too often.
Not looking good enough to be in the team for the next test. Dhawan, Vijay, Rahane, Kohli, Rahul , Rohit .. would be my lineup in the subcontinent. Swap Dhawan with Rahul outside.
He is still a giant scorer in the subcontinent. So I wouldn't be surprised if he finds a spot in the team. Playing in India, 5 batsmen should be enough with 5 bowlers (at least two of which should be able to decently bat). If 6th batsman is to be selected, I can see him making the 11. Otherwise, top 5 most likely would be: Vijay Rahul Rohit Kohli Rahane
He is still a giant scorer in the subcontinent. So I wouldn't be surprised if he finds a spot in the team. Playing in India, 5 batsmen should be enough with 5 bowlers (at least two of which should be able to decently bat). If 6th batsman is to be selected, I can see him making the 11. Otherwise, top 5 most likely would be: Vijay Rahul Rohit Kohli Rahane
over 2 years ago.Lack of form is a big issue.Should be tried against BD and if he still doesnt score should go back to domestic

This county stint will do a lot of good for him. Even if he struggles, chalega. No champion has had his path easy all the time. His initial 2 years in test cricket when he averaged close to 70 was an aberration, might have made him overconfident and lured him to try his dreams in ODIs/T20 for which he isn't suited. Hopefully the knockdown of the last 2 years will give him better sense, teach him that test cricket isn't all that easy like he had it in his 1st couple of seasons and that he needs to stay away from the shorter formats. Hopefully Dravid/Sachin/Dada sit down and talk to him, share their experiences and from this rubble a stronger Che emerges. His knee may be an issue but I am sure he will overcome that.FFS Thomas Muster(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Muster#Private_life) after injuring his legs badly in a road accident in 1989(he was confined to wheelchair that year after a few surgeries) came back to become no 1, win a French Open and several Masters 1000 series titles. :hatsoff: Most of his dismissals overseas were due to lack of patience. earlier on he was incredibly patient but IPL/LOIs messed up his concentration levels and now he does all the hard work, sees of the new ball, plays 100 deliveries and gets out playing a loose shot. The more longer format games he plays the better his concentration will get. His SR is very low but I guess that is more of a confidence issue. Che has all the shots in the book. Check his 2 knocks against Aus when we chased successfully in the 4th innings, his 200 in Ahmedabad, his 150 odd in Johannesburg etc. He is a very good stroke maker, when he gets a few runs under his belt you will see a very different player. He can talk to Dravid who had this problem before Kolkata 2001(mind you Che has more shots, a wider range than even Dravid). His technique is OK except against fast incoming balls(probably because of his knee). I see him overcoming that technical glitch also because his attitude is impressive, he looks like a student of the game, very studious and always trying to solve problems on the pitch. His play against spin was shockingly bad, esp against Moeen and Lyon but the same guy played Swann and Monty so well in those raging turners. Have faith in him people, give him time. Even Dravid and Laxman were ordinary before 2001. If we are to climb to no 1 again Che will be key, not hacks like Rohit,Raina, ETC.