sallu bhai ka kya hoga ?

Clarke

When there is provision to get bail pending appeal in higher courts why should he have been sent to jail?
Of course not. It is just that our justice system is so srewed up that hopefully he will be accountable for his actions when he turns 80,.......................... at which time he might seek mercy for old age.

In the US the justice system is much more efficient and swift. While it is true that being rich gives one access to good lawyers, but at least the jury system is, generally speaking is impartial and tries to convict beyond a reasonable doubt. When a verdict goes wrong, it is usually the incompetence of the prosecution or police mishandling the case. It is not perfect, but far superior and fair than India's. India has archaic laws from the British era, stagnant judicial system, nepotism, corruption, etc etc. My ancestral home in Calcutta has been embroiled in a lawsuit since 1981 and it still has not been resolved and will never be. My grandfather and father (2 generations) have passed away, but the lawsuit still have no resolution. If this was US, he would have been booked for involuntary manslaughter and DUI and thrown in jail with Bubba making backdoor visits every night!
:hysterical: :hysterical:

Couple of days ago, in Delhi, a cop ran his car over a group of women killing three of them. Person gets bail in one day. He killed three people. No discussion on money power in this case? Person killed 3 persons, not one. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/Cop-who-ran-over-3-women-out-on-bail/articleshow/47275244.cms Cop who ran over 3 women out on bail Not saying his bail is wrong but some morally superior posters should understand things first before performing their duties on social media.

Also' date=' few mistakes in the case so Salman got lucky as well[/quote'] how did Salman got lucky? I think he is unlucky being such a big celebrity and media scrutiny. You never see culpable homicide being charged in accidental cases. Any common person would get 2 years of jail in such cases while he got 5. Puru Rajkumar got away with a similar case in 1993.

13 years with no jail time for killing 1 person' date=' and injuring others = very unlucky[/quote'] Is it his his fault? It happens all the time. Sanjay Dutt's case took 20 plus years. It was victim's lawyer because of whom the case went on retrial.

In 2005, Salman Khan’s phone conversations with Aishwarya Rai were released by the Hindustan Times. For a day, it took the country by storm. Beyond the self-confessed underworld connections, Salman’s truly ugly and abhorrent side was revealed. He called Aishwarya Rai, ‘a ****ing *****’ and ‘a ****’ innumerable times, he accused Aamir Khan and others of having affairs with Aishwarya Rai, he made derogatory statements about Preity Zinta who he said would ‘masturbate a 1000 times for him, if he asked her’ and revealed that he’d had sexual relations with both Preity Zinta and Dia Mirza. In 2015, Preity Zinta, the woman Salman Khan called ‘quite a ****’, cameout in support of him when he was convicted by the court for the drunken hit and run which took the life of one and lethally injured three. Notsurprising, since she sued the newspaper instead of the actor after the tapes were released. I can’t seem to get my head around it; I can’t seem to find any answer. The rules are different in the world I live in; the norms are different in the world we live in. When someone does something reprehensible, like talk deplorably about a woman; there is instant castigation and universal reprimand, which eventually leads to an apology. I live in a world of rules. A world of consequences. A world of rights and wrongs. A world of morals. Words that are alien to the Hindi film industry and Salman Khan. The case of Vivek Oberoi is a valid example. The now infamous, self promoting yet courageous press conference that took on the big Khan. He was being harassed by Salman with drunken calls full of expletives. His singular fault: he was dating Salman’s ex, ‘the ****** *****’; a woman who was losing roles because Salman was creating a scene on the sets of her films. Oberoi was relatively new to the industry, he naively believed, you stand up against bullies, especially for the people you love. He was supremely mistaken. Two years later, with his career going nowhere and still reeling from the backlash of the episode; he apologized to Salman in public. An act of blatant cowardice and capitulation. This was the power of Salman Khan. Not only did he get away with hideous behavior,but he was single-handedly responsible for the carnage of an actor’s career/bread & butter. If that wasn’t enough, the actor he harassed was compelled to apologize. This is the power of Salman Khan. So when people like Abhijeet, Imran Khan and others stand up for him, it doesn’t surprise me. It’s the most academic version ofsycophancy, a trait everyone in the industry who is ambitious possesses. It’s an unwritten rule really. If you want to last here, you have to be vehemently phlegmatic to bullying. Doesn’t matter if you’re abused, slapped, beaten up or humiliated. As long as you cower down and take it all without flinching or protesting, you will survive, your stalk will rise. Ask Abhishek Bacchan or Hrithik Roshan. Two superstars in their own right, who found themselves on the the wrong side of Salman. One of them forgot and quickly moved on; the other’s father had to intervene so that it did not harm his career. Himesh Reshammiya is another example. Yes, he owes Salman the break he got but he has to pay for it by constantly being ridiculed at TV shows he judges. He can’t show any kind of displeasure because he knows that will be the end of him. Be it John Abraham or Bipasha Basu or Subhash Ghai, they all quickly compromised and extended an olive branch. Upen Patel did not. And that is why nobody remembers him. The rules in Bollywood are clearly defined. You don’t mess with Salman or his entourage; if you do, you should be ready to kiss your career goodbye. That is exactly why I don’t blame the people in Bollywood for being spineless; it is an act of gutlessness but it is also an act of survival. Unlike Hollywood, where you can refuse to work with an anti-semitic wife beater (Mel Gibson), you cannot get away with standing up against disgusting behavior. The defense to all this, if there is one, is that Salman Khan has a heart of gold. His supporters vouch for him and passionately implore in the media that he is a true friend. His charity does extremely noble work to the cause of sick children. He is a gem of a person. Bullshit. Bullshit fed to the masses by his stooges and himself to let the legend live on. But let’s look at the facts though, what do we know for sure about Salman Khan. He’s harassed almost all his ex-girlfriends, he has slapped people, he has misbehaved, abused and humiliated people, he has hunted animals he knew he wasn’t supposed to hunt, he’s killed a man while driving drunk, he’s shown blatant disregard for women (let alone show any sort of respect for them), he’s been a part of drunken brawls with colleagues as well as the media, he has connections with the underworld he is proud of, he clearly has an alcohol problem (maybe even a drug problem) and he makes money doing shows in areas where his religious community have been victims of riots. He lives in a world where there are no rules, rights or consequences. And still, the masses hail him as their messiah. Houston, we have a problem. To the people, who support him, through twitter and facebook and other social networks. Don’t you see it? He is a monster. A monster. An old, ugly, misogynistc, rude, malicious, repugnant, callous, drunk, repulsive, bullying, murderous, monster. How can you root for such a man? Don’t you see it?? I am back to square one, trying to get my head around it, trying to understand our pathology and trying to comprehend Salman Khan’s celebdom. And here is my conclusion. Salman is emblematic of the moral corruption of our society. He stands for everything we believe to be wrong amongst us and yet, curiously; we go to his ludicrously crude films, laugh at his juvenile-sexist jokes and applaud at his fake-dumb stunts. We as a people who not so long ago hailed Mahatma Gandhi as our hero, now deify Salman Khan as an icon, looking past his unambiguously immoral flaws. Like the Romans in the third century, we have reached a stage where we are willing to turn a blind eye to villains and hail them as our heroes. Everything we fight against, whether it’s Nirbhaya or Land Rehabilitation or Jessica Lal it’s all a farce, because in reality we have lost our moral compass, we have lost sight of who we truly are and what we stand for. We celebrate a man who bullies and kills and humiliates for fun because, maybe, just maybe; we see ourselves in him. An indifferent civilization that is deeply unapologetic about the pervasive level of immorality and corruption in our midst. A civilization that is both shallow and selfish at the same time and where bad beats good every second of the day. A civilization that is mean and uncaring for the weak and the unprivileged and where the mighty walk over the unprotected simply because they can. A civilization where the unfortunate are greedy to become the fortunate and rich are greedier to become richer. And finally, a civilization that does not understand compassion or empathy. I have my answer. It’s not Salman who is at fault. It’s not Salman who is the monster. It’s us. We are the ones at fault. We are the monsters. Side note: the expletives mentioned above have been quoted from the salman tapes and this author finds the use of such language most unfortunate.
Being circulated in SM. His past clearly shows he is inhuman.