Bahubali : India's Biggest Motion Picture

Kalia_Test

It's quite common down south i.e putting garlands on posters of their favourite heroes.It isn't something that's unique to this movie.
If anything, the garlands are less :--D For the best ever movie from India, there need to be more garlands. Golts/other Southies never hesitate to spend real money for their heroes and movies. Rajni sir's adulation is the best in world :two_thumbs_up: I have a collection of tweets from celebrities ( on Bahubali and Rajamouli ) that I will post in detail, articles and reviews praising the movie. Waiting for weekend collection data :dance: These are views by paying public BTW :P Gald to see how much we have progressed. From amateur childish acting by a useless Dilip Kumar in so called Magnum Opus Mughal-E-Azam - we have reached Bahubali level. Great event in history of Indian cinema :hatsoff:

^ instead of wasting your time on posting reviews - why not go and once again watch the movie (assuming that you have seen it) in the cinema .... and don't forget to take a garland with you :rofl:
I have seen it twice already- paying for it and seeing and on full screen BTW - not on a cam-ripped pirated torrent - :two_thumbs_up:...Will see it once more sometime in next couple of weeks...Grand spectacle....Best ever Indian movie so far and proud that a Golt directed it--proud that the two hunks that are heroes are Golts... Being Golts, they are also Indians. We can all be proud of local talent while still being Indians :two_thumbs_up: I asked for a few garlands from local Gujju vendors but they wanted to capitalize on popularity of the Best ever Indian movie ( their khadoos nature - maybe just the vendors - I dont want to generalize) . I asked them to feck off and got more beautiful garlands from local Golt vendors :yay: Waiting for weekend collections...:dance: I hope Rajamouli sir ( after making enough money for all stakeholders ), gives some charity to non-existent local movie industries in India like Gujarat - though Gujrati is not a language by itself but maybe just a poor dialect of hindi :dontknow:

I have seen it twice already- paying for it and seeing and on full screen BTW - not on a cam-ripped pirated torrent - :two_thumbs_up:...Will see it once more sometime in next couple of weeks...Grand spectacle....Best ever Indian movie so far and proud that a Golt directed it--proud that the two hunks that are heroes are Golts... Being Golts, they are also Indians. We can all be proud of local talent while still being Indians :two_thumbs_up: I asked for a few garlands from local Gujju vendors but they wanted to capitalize on popularity of the Best ever Indian movie ( their khadoos nature - maybe just the vendors - I dont want to generalize) . I asked them to feck off and got more beautiful garlands from local Golt vendors :yay: Waiting for weekend collections...:dance: I hope Rajamouli sir ( after making enough money for all stakeholders ), gives some charity to non-existent local movie industries in India like Gujarat - though Gujrati is not a language by itself but maybe just a poor dialect of hindi :dontknow:
Lol at your attempt to try to make this in to Telugu vs. Gujju, Tollywood vs. Bollywood, and what not :giggle: Learn to see that this is an opinion against a film that is released in Hindi as well and also "claims" to be something special coming out of India .... It does not matter whether it is originally made in Telugu or Bhojpuri. If the film is released nation wide / internationally, you will see reactions (whether favorable or unfavorable) from all parts Now with your immaturity addressed, let's move on to the film - as I have said that there is a big gap b/w the claims and reality .... The film is a waste of time. Its major claim to fame is its ability to copy every other scene from somewhere (and that's sad for a film making tall claims) :rofl: .... and the art direction is good. However, I have seen something similar in films from other parts of the world as well. The Detective Dee series which was made on a lesser budget is an example of it. So its another claim to fame is not knowing how to use it budget properly (and may be spending it on people to help hype the film) :P Oh so you will only watch "the greatest film that you have ever seen" twice in cinemas! Since the ticket is priced 2x to 3x times the normal films, I would expect you to watch it at least 3 times before coming here asking people to spend money on it PS And on one hand, you comment that you did not support the "Gujju" vendors (representing people from other states), and on the other hand, you have it in you to beg the whole Ind to support the film .... Anyways, your immaturity was addressed before and is nothing new :P PSS There was a film called Ra.One which was at one point Ind's most expensive ever (iirc) and hyped. It did reasonably well at the box-office, but it was a crap movie. However, that did not stop people from claiming things such as:
Ra.one-the HART winning entertainer ! 10/10 Author: PRASHAST SINGH from india 7 September 2014 Ra.one is definitely the best film of all time.The way it has used all the elements of an entertainer,it deserves not just praise,but also a watch by all ages. The way of imagining a game in real life,and that too a superhero game in which the villain is comparatively more powerful than the hero is amazing and heart winning.The VFX and action,along with a tight story and screenplay, music,performances make it a sure shot winner,which not only entertains but also wins hearts.The concept of bringing virtual characters into the real world using their action figures and computers is a thing I'd surely appreciate.I won't say much as I have already describe I bed how much I liked this movie. On the whole,RA.One is the finest film that comes from the Indian film industry that deserves repeated watches and praises.A HART winner!
It is a best movie I've ever seen 10/10 Author: Ayush Rajput from India 30 March 2012 you have to see this it s a very very great movie.I don,t have words. The film follows Shekhar Subramanium (Khan), a game designer in London living with his wife (Kapoor) and son (Verma). He designs a motion sensor-based game in which the villain is more powerful than the hero. The villain escapes from the game and begins to track down Lucifer (Verma), the only player to have defeated him. Ra.One was co-produced by Eros International and Red Chillies Entertainment, and was expected to release on June 3, 2011. However, the release was delayed to the Diwali weekend of October 26, 2011 due to extensive post-production work. it was announced that the film would be converted to 3D. Red Chillies VFX incorporated the visual effects under the supervision of Hollywood effects technician Jeffrey Kleiser. Ra.One cost an estimated 125 crore (US$24.94 million), making it Bollywood's most expensive film at that time, and India's second-most expensive film after Enthiran. A record amount of 52 crore (US$10.37 million) was spent on marketing. The marketing included a nine-month publicity campaign, brand tie-ups, merchandise, theme-based video games and extensive viral marketing. However, several problems including censorship, soundtrack leaks and copyright issues caused concerns that the film would not be ready for release.
best bollywood can produce Ra.one-the game changer 10/10 Author: Khushnood07 from India 27 December 2011 *** This review may contain spoilers *** RA.ONE raises the bar, takes not a step or two, but a giant leap and adheres to international standards, in terms of execution.But the soul, I wish to add, is very desi. That's precisely the reason why RA.ONE emerges trumps. RA.ONE is beauty (read good looking film) with brains (read content). RA.ONE is the most ambitious, most expensive and the most technologically complex Hindi film ever made. It's a film that will rewrite the textbook of computer graphics in Hindi cinema. RA.ONE is a perfect vehicle that does justice to the talent of Shah Rukh Khan. . SRK steers this physically challenging lead role with high-spirited self-belief. On the whole, RA.ONE is a solid entertainer, no two opinions on that. It's not merely a great looking film, but also has soul, which is so essential to strike a chord with the avid moviegoer. Ra.One is the best bollywood can produce.
A solid entertainer, It's not merely a great looking film, but also has soul 10/10 Author: LordThanos from Netherlands 27 December 2011 *** This review may contain spoilers *** The Anubhav Sinha-directed Ra-One revels in being a zippy, zany, zowie ride. And the upbeat news is that the special effects fandango actually works, the closest yet to international standards: in particular a spectacular turvy-topsy car chase through London's streets, thrilling acrobatic stunts on a Mumbai local train, the collapse of Mumbai's CST terminal, and a Gothic climax that's dot-on with its micro-chips syntax. So if you're in a feel-thrill mood, go right ahead and chillax. Spectacular production design, an irreverent post-modernist attitude, action interludes and the jaguar-tempo carry the enterprise forward throughout. Of the cast, Arjun Rampal albeit in a brief role, is effective. Kareena Kapoor appears to be more interested in being yummy than a mummy. Child actor Armaan Verma is impressively at ease. Undoubtedly, the extravaganza belongs to Shah Rukh Khan. He's ultra-high on energy and on infecting the viewer with his distinctive brand of tongue-in-chic chutzpah. Why the 9 out of 10? you may cavil. Answer: why not? Here's a technical accomplishment with as much heart as hardware.
Ra.One is Indian Cinemas Stepping Stone Into the World Of Visual Effects and SuperHeroes 10/10 Author: rojagegeo from United Arab Emirates 27 October 2011 *** This review may contain spoilers *** Plot Synopsis A game designer creates a game from which the villain steps into reality and creates havoc..In order to defeat the villain the hero of the game is brought into reality... Acting This is one of Ra.One's weak points...The ladies of this movie have done a half-baked job...Shahana Goswami was poor, and Kareena acted below her potential (actually I think that's all she can do!)... The kid, Armaan Verma, did a very good job..playing the arrogant kid is usually overdone by most child actors but Armaan was great.. Tom Wu did a good job as well... Arjun Rampal also did a good job, but I felt he wasn't given much room to improve.. Shahrukh was just average..............Just Kidding... Srk as usual takes the entire acting of the movie onto his shoulders...Once SRK is on screen he takes full command of the show..He does a triple-role in this movie... "Subramanium" is hilarious..i don't care what others thought but I thoroughly enjoyed his jokes and antics..I saw shades of past performances of SRK's Om Prakash Makhija(OSO) & Surinder Suri (RNBDJ)..but that's nothing bad... "G.One" is a bit rigid, but of course that's what a video game character is...G.One mainly shines in the action scenes.. "Lucifer" is a short character played by SRK in the beginning..Even though he is played in a over the top fashion, its understandable based on the situation... So Acting-3.5/5 (since its basically SRK that does all the work). Story Universally the story has been blamed..But considering the recent stories bollywood has come up with, this is actually very good..The origin of the technology was done very quickly and if u miss certain scenes, its understandable that u may get confused..But at the heart of this movie, its not a drama, nor romantic, neither comedy...its science fiction..an open mind is the first thing that is needed to enjoy the movie... Story-3/5 Action This is the main genre of Ra.One and it completely fulfills it..Action junkies will be surely pleased..The visual Effects go hand in hand with all the action scenes and we end up with the type of action scenes that could easily be mistaken for a Hollywood movie.. Action-5/5 Comedy If u take out the action scenes of this movie, the movie gives priority to the comic genre..Even though Subramanium had a fun time dishing out the jokes in the first half, it becomes hard for G.One to compete with the level of jokes in the second..So we have back up comedians such as Satish Shah, who does a fantastic job...But the problem is the very risky type jokes that take hold especially in the second half..(The Airport checking scene was very very Bad)..You may even wonder whether its a PG-13 movie..the jokes are such adults will surely enjoy. Comedy-4/5 Visual Effects As I previously said, RA.One is the benchmark for Indian Cinemas in the matter for visual effects...NO movie has ever had the level of effects as RA.One, with the exception of Endhiran/Robot...The quality of the visuals are all Admirable..The scene where G.One first meets Ra.One(Blasting cars into the air) is amazing... Visual Effects-5+/5 Music Vishal-Shekhar have done an amazing work in the music department..the music videos of "Right By Your Side","Chammak Challo","Criminal","Raftaarein" were all rocking...The video/montage of "Bhare Naina" was partially boring, but the song is one of the best..."Dildaara" is the main tune of the movie , and its rightly used.. Music Picturisation-4.5/5 Cameos Priyanka is just OK ---2.5/5. Sanjay Dutt is good---3/5. But the presence of Rajinikanth will send shivers up your spine, too bad its just 1minute long ---5/5. Direction Ra.One is a well made movie, Anubhav has definitely improved...Though some scenes could have omitted or shortened(2,4 scenes)...the movie runs with a fast pace, but when such scenes slow it down, its possible u get bored within a minute...some more editing could have been made.. Direction-3.5/5 Movie-RA.One RA.One as a movie is high on visuals and graphics.Its a landmark for Indian Cinema.Comparisons with Hollywood are inevitable but those SHOULD be ignored, as they are just baseless...Ra.One has brought upon a new dawn for Bollywood, appreciate it, cause very few have done it..

Lol at your attempt to try to make this in to Telugu vs. Gujju, Tollywood vs. Bollywood, and what not :giggle: Learn to see that this is an opinion against a film that is released in Hindi as well and also "claims" to be something special coming out of India .... It does not matter whether it is originally made in Telugu or Bhojpuri. If the film is released nation wide / internationally, you will see reactions (whether favorable or unfavorable) from all parts Now with your immaturity addressed, let's move on to the film - as I have said that there is a big gap b/w the claims and reality .... The film is a waste of time. Its major claim to fame is its ability to copy every other scene from somewhere (and that's sad for a film making tall claims) :rofl: .... and the art direction is good. However, I have seen something similar in films from other parts of the world as well. The Detective Dee series which was made on a lesser budget is an example of it. So its another claim to fame is not knowing how to use it budget properly (and may be spending it on people to help hype the film) :P Oh so you will only watch "the greatest film that you have ever seen" twice in cinemas! Since the ticket is priced 2x to 3x times the normal films, I would expect you to watch it at least 3 times before coming here asking people to spend money on it PS And on one hand, you comment that you did not support the "Gujju" vendors (representing people from other states), and on the other hand, you have it in you to beg the whole Ind to support the film .... Anyways, your immaturity was addressed before and is nothing new :P PSS There was a film called Ra.One which was at one point Ind's most expensive ever (iirc) and hyped. It did reasonably well at the box-office, but it was a crap movie. However, that did not stop people from claiming things such as: ....
Bahubali - India's best movie EVER :two_thumbs_up: Can't wait for second part :dance::dance::dance: Still can't get over the great CINEMATIC experience - having watched it in theatre and not on a cam-ripped torrent. This is a landmark in INDIAN cinema...and I am celebrating it :hatsoff: LOL at comparing Raone with Bahubali :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: No one is comparing it with Hollywood or Korean films except on certain technical aspects. Point is - this the BEST that any INDIAN ever made in an INDIAN language... Rajamouli sir - :hail: :hail:

LOL at comparing Raone with Bahubali :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Ra.One is an example of crap to avg film which did well at BO and when it was released many (like you for Bahubali) claimed that it is best whatever :P
No one is comparing it with Hollywood or Korean films except on certain technical aspects. Point is - this the BEST that any INDIAN ever made in an INDIAN language...
Only difference is that Detective Dee, an enjoyable film with good art direction, was made on a budget of "only" $12M-$13M. So one has to wonder how effectively the money was spent on Bahubali the beginning ($30M?). As I said it probably India's best ever when it comes to not knowing how to manage the budget :rofl:

i am not interested in a story. but just like the simpsons is animated in korea. Can one day Hollywood studios animate things in India? Can the animation and visual effects industry be a good employer for people?

The promos and hype around the movie remind me of - Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja - the biggest budget film of its time, but crap in all possible way except one or two sequences like the train robbery in RKRCKR. The difference is that due to strategic releases every high investment film today ends up being a blockbuster. RKRCKR could still have been a good film if left in the hands of a director like Shekhar Kapoor rather than moving to Satish Kaushik.

i am not interested in a story. but just like the simpsons is animated in korea. Can one day Hollywood studios animate things in India? Can the animation and visual effects industry be a good employer for people?
yes.. they do. May not do the full animation/visual effects, but work on post production ,little of visual effects

The promos and hype around the movie remind me of - Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja - the biggest budget film of its time' date=' but crap in all possible way except one or two sequences like the train robbery in RKRCKR. The difference is that due to strategic releases every high investment film today ends up being a blockbuster.[/quote'] Yeah, that one too - "Romeo naam mera, chori hai kaam mera" PS iirc they probably spent a lot of money on sets. Now its sets + CGI VFX

Have to see before assessing it. Will wait for einthusan to stream it. Nowadays i hate big budget movies. Shankar spent crores of rupees on "I" a real crappy storyline. Telugu industry has come a long way. Even bigger budget movies from hollywood have sucked. So "more money" doesn't exactly translate into "better movie". But i have heard this director has never given a failure. Will check it out soon.

Boxofficedetail ‏@boxofficedetail 13h13 hours ago 4 Day North America Weekend of #Baahubali Going In Range Of 4.75m US$ [30.1cr].. Thats Biggest Ever For Any India Release!! R-E-C-O-R-D!! --- This is not taking into account other parts of the world where the movie released in various languages

yes.. they do. May not do the full animation/visual effects' date=' but work on post production ,little of visual effects[/quote'] such movies should be encouraged with tax free breaks. Good that somebody took this initiative on.

Let me start off with the negatives Saw the movie over the weekend..$20 ticket :banghead: there were some scenes riped off from Avengers....like the hero shooting arrows while jumping off the cliff Couple of sequences in the epic war scene were direct Lord of the ring rip off Tamanna's wardrobe and style is a copy of Hunger Games Tamanna's god awful acting The Slave(that tamil actor Sathyaraj) costume reminds me of Game of Thrones The Map of the kingdom and the violence is also Game of Thrones "inspired" Even though on a consistency level and in comparing with other Indian movies,the graphics are very good...still not Hollywood standard...there are some spots where the graphics are real amateurish...disappointing as still we do not have a 100% consistency when it comes to that despite shelling out crores. The whole movie is like a setup for Part-2...just when the movie gets intresting,they give a plot twist and tell the audience to come back in 2016 to watch the remaining movie :mad: Positives. Breath taking camera work. Acting performances are top notch-Rana,Prabhas and special mention to Ramya Krishna who did an amazing job. Make up is fantastic as well...the bad guys and Anushka The War scene is definetely Hollywood level...really brilliant,in terms of the way they give some logic to the strategy and the way it is shot...brilliant-we can nitpick if we start comparing to multi million $ Hollywood franchises but for an Indian movie this is path breaking. The Back ground score is brilliant even though the songs are not that memorable. One of the few movies where you can say the budget is well spent. Some Typical Masala elements that an Indian movie must contain to appeal to the masses are very masterfully etched into the story-we forget that Indian movies need to appeal to masses as well to make money...if the movie focussed too much on impressing the NRI or the Multiplex audiences the money would have been flushed down the drain-so well done. Overall a fantastic effort..the closest we have come to making an Epic that matches international standards and appeals to all classes of the society but hopefully this is just a start as we still have a long way to go to match Hollywood or even Hong Kong Cinema in terms of graphics despite Indians work on those movies in the graphics department.