10 Cities Which Have The Least Friendly People In India

Khalpat

Wait - so the benchmark for whether a city is friendly or is not is the essentially the behavior of its auto-wallahs? :haha:
A tourist will interact with cab drivers, shopkeepers, hotel staff and guide. Hotel staff and guides will try to be very hospitable for obvious reasons. We as tourists get the perception by our interactions with limited number of people. I found people to be very rude to those who speak in Hindi. I may be wrong but that is my opinion. Tamils tends to create their own groups and are very unfriendly towards non tamils, this is what I see in the IT sector. Again my personal opinion. Contrast that to Kannada people. They are so friendly even to those who are from North India. I am not a South Indian but have visited every South Indian state and a lot of North Indian state. I found Tamil people to be most unfriendly and Kannada and Telugu people to be most friendly.

I can understand why a lot of South Indians in particular find Delhi rude, but that's because they don't get our culture. Also, I bet most of you are hesitant to break the ice with strangers and keep it to yourself. But to be honest, people in Delhi are quite chill and always ready for good fun IF you are willing to loosen up.
Exactly, few of my friends who are south indians and are born in delhi don't like going to their native places, they hang out with us and like dating delhi ki kudi.

Just ask any cricket team :) they will vouch for chennai. In Delhi people couldn't even distinguish between cities in the south. They called everyone from south Madrasis.. and branded everyone as LTTE. Rajini Kanth not a tamilian, Jayalalitha not a tamilian, MGR not a Tamilian lol. We welcome evveryone.. Just check out the rape statistics of chennai. People are not against Hindi. Only the two Dravidian parties are against it to polarize people. Otherwise nobody is prohibited from learning hindi or speaking Hindi. Check out Richie street. It is completely dominated by Hindi speaking community. The reasons put forth are trivial. On my way to Delhi 5 or 6 thugs got on the train in Nagpur and couldn't find a seat. THey forced an old Tamil couple out of their seat. There are lot more rude cities in India.

Actually have anyone travelled in Auto rickshaws in Chennai in last 2 years ? Because new electric auto metres were made compulsory in Chennai and charges have pretty fair by metre readings because Govt actions . So not sure about robbing blind by Auto rickshaw wallahs Also no one should really pick autos while touring in Chennai .If u have basic knowledge of reading Google maps u can travel with ease using bus and train transport system .Chennai easily have the most efficient transport system in India imv Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Exactly' date=' few of my friends who are south indians and are born in delhi don't like going to their native places, they hang out with us and like dating delhi ki kudi.[/quote'] That's a normal thing actually. I am Telugu born and bought up in diff places in Maharashtra. I relate more to Marathis than to my people. Same for north Indians folks here in south. Most can't relate to their people in north in fact they are always criticizing them. They marry local women or north girls like them who are born and up in South. I think it is normal.

Actually have anyone travelled in Auto rickshaws in Chennai in last 2 years ? Because new electric auto metres were made compulsory in Chennai and charges have pretty fair by metre readings because Govt actions . So not sure about robbing blind by Auto rickshaw wallahs Also no one should really pick autos while touring in Chennai .If u have basic knowledge of reading Google maps u can travel with ease using bus and train transport system .Chennai easily have the most efficient transport system in India imv Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Yes, but good luck finding an auto driver agreeing to ply on meter basis. I always start with the bargain with meter, the guy would say some exorbitant number, I tell him in the best chennai tamil that I've known the place for years, he reduces, and finally I tell him meter plus twenty. Usually 90% of bargains end there. On the very rare occasions I have seen people agreeing to ply by meter. Usually driven by older guys. You feel like giving them the extra ten just seeing such behaviour. But I think with metro getting introduced, and public transport getting better and better, plus availability of taxis on demand, these guys are facing a lot of competition. So will eventually have to run by meter.

I don't see why people are getting touchy about their city being on the 'list' - Lucknow isn't there :yay: ! Looking at the list, I can certainly see why Delhi and Madras make it there at the top from a tourist point of view and am surprised Agra is not higher.
Lucknow and Bhopal are the best places in North India as far as local people are concerned. Both the cities and especially Lucknow faces too much migrant problem as people of Gorakhpur, Deoria, Balia, Jaunpur, Faizabad, Unnao, Gonda, Basti come and settle in this city and it has welcomed them. Bun-Makhan with chai is still my favourite breakfast. Most of the people of this city are soft spoken and well mannered. Even though I belong to Eastern UP, I do not have hesitation in saying that most of the mischievous activities in Lucknow are done by the people of my area. If only it was not a capital city and politically not so active it would have been the best city of India. Gomti Nagar should be considered a seperate city. How big is that colony man.

No way is the transport better than Mumbai, Kolkata oe Delhi. All of these have multiple means of trasnport. In kolkata, you have 5 means to go anywhere and the autodrivers don't pleece you, you have sitll autos for 10-12 rupees for the entire ride

Lucknow and Bhopal are the best places in North India as far as local people are concerned. Both the cities and especially Lucknow faces too much migrant problem as people of Gorakhpur, Deoria, Balia, Jaunpur, Faizabad, Unnao, Gonda, Basti come and settle in this city and it has welcomed them. Bun-Makhan with chai is still my favourite breakfast. Most of the people of this city are soft spoken and well mannered. Even though I belong to Eastern UP, I do not have hesitation in saying that most of the mischievous activities in Lucknow are done by the people of my area. If only it was not a capital city and politically not so active it would have been the best city of India. Gomti Nagar should be considered a seperate city. How big is that colony man.
I have stayed in Lucknow for 2 years. Yes, it is good place to stay.

Exactly' date=' few of my friends who are south indians and are born in delhi don't like going to their native places, they hang out with us and like dating delhi ki kudi.[/quote'] I attest to this, my South Indian friends too prefer Delhi/North India over South Indian cities. I guess its all about getting used to a culture.

Lucknow and Bhopal are the best places in North India as far as local people are concerned. Both the cities and especially Lucknow faces too much migrant problem as people of Gorakhpur' date= Deoria, Balia, Jaunpur, Faizabad, Unnao, Gonda, Basti come and settle in this city and it has welcomed them. Bun-Makhan with chai is still my favourite breakfast. Most of the people of this city are soft spoken and well mannered. Even though I belong to Eastern UP, I do not have hesitation in saying that most of the mischievous activities in Lucknow are done by the people of my area. If only it was not a capital city and politically not so active it would have been the best city of India. Gomti Nagar should be considered a seperate city. How big is that colony man.
Purabiye! :laugh:

I don't see why people are getting touchy about their city being on the 'list' - Lucknow isn't there :yay: ! Looking at the list, I can certainly see why Delhi and Madras make it there at the top from a tourist point of view and am surprised Agra is not higher.
Based on my limited experiences in Lucknow, I'd say it is on the whole, one of the most polite places I've been to in my life. In fact, it is polite to the point of being terribly boring. The two times I've visited your city, its been to attend marriages of my dad's friends/business associates children. Mainly Marwari and Muslim. My observation has been that tehzeeb and taroof take over any actual meaningful conversation in any such social setting in your city. Generally, most of the people I met there would rattle off with effluent praises which according to them is the tehzeeb. Once done with this , most people are generally short of words and don't know what to say next. There are these long awkward pauses and random furtive attempts at conversation by asking about jewelry or clothes. Or I phones and the latest gadgets, when speaking to youngsters. I probably am not able to express myself that well, but its as if the entire city has put on a facade, which after a point of time just seems superficial. Most conversation, after the 5664828 repetitive qns on jewelery and anarkalis is broadly on 3 topics: 1) Mehmaannawazi. If I collected a fiver every time a Lakhanvi said mehmaannawazi, I'd be a billionaire by now. No doubt that the people of your city are great hosts, but they make it a point to keep reminding us of their ability to be great hosts. 2) Atal Bihari Vajpayee: They have this pride in him. Anywhere you go, you have this " Oh this is the tea house where ABV penned his first nationalistic poem", "I am from ABV school, after I won the impromptu debate in my class I was allowed to sit on the very bench he sat on" etc 3) Kite flying: Every one, even the girls seem to have an opinion on kite flying. That someone couldn't care less about the intricacies of kite flying comes as an anathema to them. The food however, was always amazing.

Most conversation, after the 5664828 repetitive qns on jewelery and anarkalis is broadly on 3 topics: 1) Mehmaannawazi. If I collected a fiver every time a Lakhanvi said mehmaannawazi, I'd be a billionaire by now. No doubt that the people of your city are great hosts, but they make it a point to keep reminding us of their ability to be great hosts. 2) Atal Bihari Vajpayee: They have this pride in him. Anywhere you go, you have this " Oh this is the tea house where ABV penned his first nationalistic poem", "I am from ABV school, after I won the impromptu debate in my class I was allowed to sit on the very bench he sat on" etc3) Kite flying: Every one, even the girls seem to have an opinion on kite flying. That someone couldn't care less about the intricacies of kite flying comes as an anathema to them. The food however, was always amazing.
Next time whenever someone talks about Vajpayee School and the bench on which he sat and blah blah just let him know that Vajpayee was born in Gwalior a place atleast 400 km away from Lucknow. He had his schooling from Saraswati Shishu Mandir, Gwalior. He attended Gwalior's Victoria College (now Laxmi Bai College) and graduated with distinction in Hindi, English and Sanskrit. He did his PG from Kanpur which is 90 KM from Lucknow but still it is a different town.