Rohit Sharma Appreciation Squad

The way he has been playing for a while....this knock was around the corner. I am sure...u will see many more of these....I think he understands his limitations now and he should always play a sheet-anchor role...there are enough aggressive batsmen in the line-up. We want some one who can be sensible...

Rohits ODI batting is still not very reassuring . I would not trust him in a chase . He was hugely helped by the way Dhawan and Virat batted . So that makes him perfect for opening . if you move him down the order , he will struggle to buy a run . That said test opening is different . I have always said hes made for Test cricket and potentially he will do better than Virat in the format . So I would not sacrifice him by opening in Tests , though he might still do alright there . He should be our No4.

Rohits ODI batting is still not very reassuring . I would not trust him in a chase . He was hugely helped by the way Dhawan and Virat batted . So that makes him perfect for opening . if you move him down the order , he will struggle to buy a run . That said test opening is different . I have always said hes made for Test cricket and potentially he will do better than Virat in the format . So I would not sacrifice him by opening in Tests , though he might still do alright there . He should be our No4.
I agree on odis that Rohit in still not totally convincing. As still gets booged down with lack of rotion and has to go big. Yet test this guy will be great. Must play! Could open as well if required and would not suprise if one day end up there. But for now it will be vijay and dhawan. If vijay flops rohot may come in there. But guarantee he will be in test team v sa batting between 4 and 6. Wont be in windies tests as sachin still there and dhoni will bat 6 to accomodate jadeja Really should play against windies to groom him for SA series were will play
I agree on odis that Rohit in still not totally convincing. As still gets booged down with lack of rotion and has to go big. Yet test this guy will be great. Must play! Could open as well if required and would not suprise if one day end up there. But for now it will be vijay and dhawan. If vijay flops rohot may come in there. But guarantee he will be in test team v sa batting between 4 and 6. Wont be in windies tests as sachin still there and dhoni will bat 6 to accomodate jadeja Really should play against windies to groom him for SA series were will play
Well thats biggest turn around ever. One minute he is crap and now want him in test team:hysterical:
just 1 ton on a flat track is all that needs to get him selected. Looks like mumbai lobby wants him to hang around in the team for the sake of it. . :giggle:
just 1 ton on a flat track is all that needs to get him selected. Looks like mumbai lobby wants him to hang around in the team for the sake of it. . :giggle:
Not based on 1 ton:facepalm: See his FC record!!! Superb!!! Great technique against pace, good back foot player, crucila for tests away from home! The same mob who say dont pick him for tests , have used his odi performances as proof why should not play tests. Those same people now he is doing well in an odsi say its only odis, how can you pick him based on those. A little bit of consistency please in your lines of thought would be nice!!