Rohit Sharma Appreciation Squad

Not based on 1 ton:facepalm: See his FC record!!! Superb!!! Great technique against pace, good back foot player, crucila for tests away from home! The same mob who say dont pick him for tests , have used his odi performances as proof why should not play tests. Those same people now he is doing well in an odsi say its only odis, how can you pick him based on those. A little bit of consistency please in your lines of thought would be nice!!
Agree with his record, but his tendency of throwing wicket away is what pissing off people. I dont think he ll succeed in tests. But dont worry, he ll make a test debut and be a passanger for yrs. he wont be hated like vijay, even if he fails repeatedly. I never seen another cricketer who is given too many chances like rohit. it looks like they r forcing him to succeed.
Yaar' date=' even Ponting or Richards would have got a top edge an odd ball. His weakness is on full length deliveries where he really struggles.[/quote'] thing is I'm not sure hes great of the short ball anyway.We see him playing hook shots on pattas for sixes and think hes great real good players are able to play pull shot and keep the ball on the ground.like Dravid,Laxman,SRT.Even Dhoni is decent Rohit needs to learn doing it.he'll struggle if he plays it in the air all the time.Specially in Test cricket on bouncy pitches that isnt good. Struggles on full ball is more I agree
thing is I'm not sure hes great of the short ball anyway.We see him playing hook shots on pattas for sixes and think hes great real good players are able to play pull shot and keep the ball on the ground.like Dravid,Laxman,SRT.Even Dhoni is decent Rohit needs to learn doing it.he'll struggle if he plays it in the air all the time.Specially in Test cricket on bouncy pitches that isnt good. Struggles on full ball is more I agree
Even pujara will struggle with pull shot. So far he has never played on a fast bouncy pitch except for Durban and Cape Town. :nervous:
Pujara has a great hook shot. Rohit is one of the best pullers in this batting lineup.
Most batsmen cant hook & its a very high risk shot even for the few who could do it . Tendulkar and Dravid played the hook the best imo , VVS was poor , but he could pull every thing along the ground so I would pick him ahead of other two overall wrt playing the short ball . Of the current lot , I dont think any one has a great technique to hook apart from Pujara . Virat , Rohit and Dhoni are very good at pulling . Dhawan makes me very nervous btw , he gets into very very awkward positions against the short ball . Hes been lucky up till now
Not based on 1 ton:facepalm: See his FC record!!! Superb!!! Great technique against pace, good back foot player, crucila for tests away from home! The same mob who say dont pick him for tests , have used his odi performances as proof why should not play tests. Those same people now he is doing well in an odsi say its only odis, how can you pick him based on those. A little bit of consistency please in your lines of thought would be nice!!
yes and when he scores he scores big in domestic .