Pathetic Umpiring

Debutant

Indian umpires are just poor be it vineet,shamshudin or the joker on show today.they are not intl standards by any means (not that the present intl umpires are any good,they poor as well),no of howlers per game is increasing by game and you can see that from the ipl.

The basic problem of the umpires is that they don't have the sense of judgement,they succumb too much under pressure,raina appeal was a prime example lol

Indian umpires are just poor be it vineet,shamshudin or the joker on show today.they are not intl standards by any means (not that the present intl umpires are any good,they poor as well),no of howlers per game is increasing by game and you can see that from the ipl.

The basic problem of the umpires is that they don't have the sense of judgement,they succumb too much under pressure,raina appeal was a prime example lol

Even international Umpires have generally been either mediocre or poor, irrespective of the country they are from. There have been a few exceptions though, like Simon Taufel and Dickie Bird.

There have been " legends "  like Shakur Rana, Khizar Hyatt, Darrell  Hair ,...and generally poor ones like Steve Bucknor, Dharmasena, DeSilva. There are many others I am missing out. ( There was a horrible Aussie umpire whose name I am forgetting ). Rudi Koertzen has given quite a few shockers too.

Even international Umpires have generally been either mediocre or poor, irrespective of the country they are from. There have been a few exceptions though, like Simon Taufel and Dickie Bird.

There have been " legends "  like Shakur Rana, Khizar Hyatt, Darrell  Hair ,...and generally poor ones like Steve Bucknor, Dharmasena, DeSilva. There are many others I am missing out. ( There was a horrible Aussie umpire whose name I am forgetting ). Rudi Koertzen has given quite a few shockers too.

that's what I mentioned in the bracket that the present intl umpires are poor as well but our umpires are even worse lol.it won't take much to get to the current standards of intl umpiring which are abysmal to say the least and we saw that couple of days ago with the voges no ball

Sri Lankans would get laughed out of the room. In fact SL is one of the most unsporting countries so it is ironic to see them moaning.

* If I am not wrong, SL test win over Ind in 80s was attributed to their biased umpiring (much like infamous Pak)

* Cricketers with questionable bowling action are considered as legends 

* Criminals such as Dilshan (raped a woman in Zim) are one of their heros

* Cheats (toss controversy in WC11final) and unsporting (bowling a wide when a batsman is near his 100) are made captains

* Cartoons such as Dharmasena are considered as great umpires

First i admit that was poor shot selection by lankans yesterday and they have them selves to blame for a fair share of the defeat but we got to admit that the umpiring was way below par and two decision really does matter in a T20.. by the way on your allegations u really do not make sense apart from sehwag's no ball.. u have made these accusations on no basis but only out of hatred.

* What source told you so? did wisden almanack say so? 

* Your accusation is unclear,can u please name the bowlers with questionable bowling action? Going on the mainstream i believe this is on murali, I wonder how dumb one could be to accuse murali for illegal action when he has accepted and cleared all the ICC test that had been thrown on him

* Raped? can you please get me the police report or the court case. And why dont they(Zimbabwe government) punish him or make a serious statement over this to ICC.

* How could you say that sanga cheated,  when thousands and thousands of people were shouting in such a tense clash u really could loose your concentration

* Its not the sri lankan cricket board which made him the ICC umpire of the year and also put him in the elite panel of umpire, hand your complain over to the ICC.. and be clear and factual about the allegation you make

Edited by Jammed_cricket

First i admit that was poor shot selection by lankans yesterday and they have them selves to blame for a fair share of the defeat but we got to admit that the umpiring was way below par and two decision really does matter in a T20.. by the way on your allegations u really do not make sense apart from sehwag's no ball.. u have made these accusations on no basis but only out of hatred.

* What source told you so? did wisden almanack say so? 

* Your accusation is unclear,can u please name the bowlers with questionable bowling action? Going on the mainstream i believe this is on murali, I wonder how dumb one could be to accuse murali for illegal action when he has accepted and cleared all the ICC test that had been thrown on him

* Raped? can you please get me the police report or the court case. And why dont they(Zimbabwe government) punish him or make a serious statement over this to ICC.

* How could you say that sanga cheated,  when thousands and thousands of people were shouting in such a tense clash u really could loose your concentration

* Its not the sri lankan cricket board which made him the ICC umpire of the year and also put him in the elite panel of umpire, hand your complain over to the ICC.. and be clear and factual about the allegation you make

I don't know what you have read on this thread but

a. Almost everyone accepts that umpiring was not good. However the SLan performance was so pathetic that it is hard to see how a couple of bad decisions to relatively fringe batsmen would have mattered 

b. Since you are so keen to ask for proof from others, you need to understand that you yourself hv no proof that those two batsmen would not have got out the next ball. Your theory that umpiring error cost SL the game depends upon the assumption and wild fantasy that 1. those two relatively fringe batsmen somehow would hv played the innings of their lives to help SL post a challenging score and 2. Ind would not have overtaken whatever total posted. Both of the events appear more likely to not happen than happen 

c. What is posted is all well known to the cricketing world so rather than asking others for proof, you would be better served to do some research

d. And then w/o any proof, you hv assumed that I (or people in general at ICF) hate SL :cantstop:

Pls don't follow up your team's pathetic performances with your lame arguments. Better luck next time!

Edited by rett

From the times of head scratching srinivas venkataragavan india is infamous for producing horibbly biased incompetent umpires.. the root cause could be the fact that indians are mostly simple minded by nature.. they simply do not have the mental capacity to make impartial correct calls under complex pressurised situations.. i can't think of a better theory for the long line of absolutey rubbish indian umpires.. pakistan has produced legends like aleem dar and asad rauf..sl umps like dharmasena and asoka de silva are considered as role models for rookie umpires.. i think icc should seriously consider banning indian umps officiating in international matches to safeguard the credibilty of match results..

lol the only reason lungans won a test match at home vs us last year was because of the umpires....still didn't win the, the series but made the scoreline respectable. Asoka da silva and Dharmasena are world class? Lol. That's like saying Pakistan is a peaceful country.

raina did not even appeal for that wicket. MSD as well collected the ball waited for some time (even whipped the bails off i think) and then appealed more out of instinct more than anything else. There was 0 pressure. That was a terrible call. One of the worst decisions I have seen.

The gunarante one to be fair was harder to judge and 2-3 fielders + bowler and msd went up in unison. I think they felt it was out. Turned out it was off the pad but there was noise. I was watching on TV and i felt it was out. That i think was pressure. But that Senanayake one i think even Indian players did not believe it was out.

Edited by G_B_

From the times of head scratching srinivas venkataragavan india is infamous for producing horibbly biased incompetent umpires.. the root cause could be the fact that indians are mostly simple minded by nature.. they simply do not have the mental capacity to make impartial correct calls under complex pressurised situations.. i can't think of a better theory for the long line of absolutey rubbish indian umpires.. pakistan has produced legends like aleem dar and asad rauf..sl umps like dharmasena and asoka de silva are considered as role models for rookie umpires.. i think icc should seriously consider banning indian umps officiating in international matches to safeguard the credibilty of match results..

Dharma sena, Asoka de silva is no better than BC Cooray  another incompetent umpire lol Don't use them as examples. 

That was given out JUST BECAUSE OF MSD APPEALING.. We all know he only appeals if he is confident.. No one knows what he appealed for Stumping or Catch but it worked

HAHA sometimes being Honest works unlike Pakis and Lungans who shout unnecessarily which just pisses off umpires  :cantstop:

Srilankans  are by far the worst by a country mile when it comes to badgering umpires with incessant appealing.  

Man just when I thought umpiring cant get any worser ,Bangladeshi umpires strike :hysterical::hysterical:

Some of the worst umpiring decisions I have seen yesterday,that saikat guy looked like a lost kid when both teams were appealing for genuinely close calls.khurram manzoor decision,wide balls,no balls (not given of wahab riaz) ,Kohli decision lol it was a complete package of worst umpiring.

Best moment was when chota khatmal almost broke the knee of the umpire and was laughing at it :hysterical:

What the fuckkk was that. Who is this idiot. Poor Parera clearly grounded the bat there but this idiot gives him out. Does not even goes to the third umpire. What was more irritating was mofo harami chutiya Harsha BC. The bat clearly was grounded but this harami says - maybne the bat was in the air. Hydos shut him up other wise kutta sala bhonkta rehta