Mohammed Shami makes an impact in the practice session.

What has Shami done in T20s at all? I just dont get it. He is yet do anything substantial in this format. He has been the worst fast bowler in IPL among our Indian pacers.

I think he has played just 15 IPL games after he became an international cricketer and just 23 in all.    8 of them were played way back in 2009. ( Bhuvi -59, Ishant-66 and Umesh-71  have all played many more games )

http://www.iplt20.com/teams/delhi-daredevils/squad/94/Mohammed-Shami/

Stats often get skewed with so few games, especially in T20s.

Shami is perceived as a bowler who can combine good pace with decent accuracy, can bowl yorkers and has a stock ball.   ( Bumrah and Ishant are  two other such bowlers in India, although Ishant is new to bowling yorkers  )

I guess that  is the reason why fans and captains want Shami in the team.

Edited by express bowling

I think he has played just 15 IPL games after he became an international cricketer and just 23 in all.    8 of them were played way back in 2009.

http://www.iplt20.com/teams/delhi-daredevils/squad/94/Mohammed-Shami/

Stats often get skewed with so few games, especially in T20s.

Shami is perceived as bowler who can combine good pace with decent accuracy, can bowl yorkers and has a stock ball.   ( Bumrah and Ishant are  two other such bowlers in India, although Ishant is new to bowling yorkers  )

I guess that  is the reason why fans and captains want Shami in the team.

it is just perception that he can bowl good yorkers. He bowls them as good as Umesh and Aaron, not better by any means.

good figures in his come back even though a warm up. Hopefully continues improving next warm up too, him replacing Nehra will only bolster bowling. Shami much much better death bowler than Nehra. 

Hopefully the Shami speeds will above 135kph too.   

good figures in his come back even though a warm up. Hopefully continues improving next warm up too, him replacing Nehra will only bolster bowling. Shami much much better death bowler than Nehra. 

Hopefully the Shami speeds will above 135kph too.   

Next warm up is against SA. That will be a good test too. 

Knowing Dhoni, I would be very very surprised if he chose Shami over Nehra even after good showings in the warm-up matches. There are a few reasons for that:

1) Dhoni is stubborn in most cases and since he has confessed his love for a left arm seam bowling option, he will not want to replace him with a righty

2) Shami is coming back after a long layoff and imho the team is mainly auditioning him for a back-up role in case one of our seamers start sucking big time or get injured. This is evident by the fact that they are taking a call between Shami and Bhuvi for the last slot.

3) Nehra has not lost us any game in his comeback so far and so I get the feeling that he is in Dhoni's good books for now.

I'm just glad that Shami is back. He gives us a great depth option in this bowling line-up which has been doing well recently. So I don't have a major complain if he doesn't get in the playing XI right away because I feel that he will eventually make it.

Shami should play in place of Hardik it will only increase India's chances Hardik Won't get much Chance with the bat and Ashwin is good enough to slog at 8 , Hardik might just cost India a big match ...he can be bashed big time as Bang Bros did in the final of Agerbati Cup ..Shami is class without a doubt India's best pacer in the last decade... I think he can win this wt20 for India..India needs to kick Yuvraj out he lost them the last t20 WC , they were the best team in the tournament and should have won it but Yuvi chocked big time ..I like Manish pandey he should be given a chance.. I still think India is gonna lose in semi or final if they play both Hardik and Yuvraj...South Africa Australia (Bowling is rubbish but batting is scary ) are main opponent's for India

Hold on India have never defeated kiwis in t20 and if the history is repeated in Nagpur on Tuesday (which I don't think will) Indians will have a hard task to get out of the group as they will have to win 2 out of 2 Matches (Likely 1 against Bangla and Ozs which will be tricky)

I am counting out Pakistan as the result is inevitable (We r gonna lose once again!)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Some good points. Note:

• Hardik is more like the 5th bowler, so his overs will be shared with Raina and Yuvi .... If Ind is chasing a big total, Hardik can also be asked to open to optimize the power plays 
  • In BD, I wanted Ind to play a genuine 3rd seamer/fast bowler because of the conditions / opponents. But in Ind would be different. The 3rd seamer can be played against teams such as Pak and BD though
  • The squad is already announced. Rahane, Negi and Bhajji, at this point, appear more like passengers so there is not much flexibility with the selection of playing 11 
  • NZ vs Ind could be like a QF. Aus's batsmen appear to be peaking so they may help their team to top the group 

Edited by rett

Shami should play in place of Hardik it will only increase India's chances Hardik Won't get much Chance with the bat and Ashwin is good enough to slog at 8 , Hardik might just cost India a big match ...he can be bashed big time as Bang Bros did in the final of Agerbati Cup ..Shami is class without a doubt India's best pacer in the last decade... I think he can win this wt20 for India..India needs to kick Yuvraj out he lost them the last t20 WC , they were the best team in the tournament and should have won it but Yuvi chocked big time ..I like Manish pandey he should be given a chance.. I still think India is gonna lose in semi or final if they play both Hardik and Yuvraj...South Africa Australia (Bowling is rubbish but batting is scary ) are main opponent's for India

Hold on India have never defeated kiwis in t20 and if the history is repeated in Nagpur on Tuesday (which I don't think will) Indians will have a hard task to get out of the group as they will have to win 2 out of 2 Matches (Likely 1 against Bangla and Ozs which will be tricky)

I am counting out Pakistan as the result is inevitable (We r gonna lose once again!)

(PS let's have a Healthy Discussion Instead of Spreading Hatred #peace)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

The main utility  of  Hardik Pandya in a T20 tournament in India is his ability to hit big shots in the end overs. He can score 30 or 40 runs at a 200 + SR  on his day, in the last 5 overs.  Apart from the rejuvenated Dhoni, we don't have any other batsmen like him based on current form.

One issue with Shami is , he is returning from a long break after an operation and has not played a proper international match yet. Only the team management will be able to assess whether he is match fit and match ready.  If he is then he may replace Nehra,

Pandya's bowling will be shared by Yuvi and Raina in India.  I am not that worried.

Our problem will be with the other death bowler apart from Bumrah....and I agree that Shami in place of Nehra, if he is fit, can solve this to an extent. 

Since its India pata wicket will be a norm. Meaning Hafeez century is a gurenteed. On the other hand your batsmen will have to face a hungry giant who is ready to take out trees in the jungle, which we call a pitch. A hungry giant along with a swinging monkey who will put your batsmen into submission! So enjoy the ride till the wall tumbles down.

Markhors :hail:

PS

Markhors vs Hunters

Edited by rett

Since its India pata wicket will be a norm. Meaning Hafeez century is a gurenteed. On the other hand your batsmen will have to face a hungry giant who is ready to take out trees in the jungle, which we call a pitch. A hungry giant along with a swinging monkey who will put your batsmen into submission! So enjoy the ride till the wall tumbles down.

Hungry giants and swinging monkeys.....quite fitting for a fairy-tale world of success in which some of you want to live in.    :cantstop:

p.s -   A big congrats to Hafeez on that same fairy-tale world maiden T20I century.    :winky:

Edited by express bowling