World cup almost over for India

Stuge

Good enough but if we can't win against AUS.. I think they don't deserve to go to SF in first place..

Yeah. Win everything :cool:.

Besides Pakistan will prolly lose the other matches. They were never really a particularly good LOI team but still managed a few wins here and there due to Chuckmal and Chuckfeez. Post their banning they have been one of the worst bowling attacks. Add their traditionally crap batting as well and you have a really poor team.

Exactly. Anything is possible in this format especially. I wouldn't be surprised if BD surprise Aus on a turner.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Not to forget, SA in 2007 due to the big defeat against us bowed out of the tournament before the semi finals. That was indeed their only loss in that tournament.  Goes to show that not always deserving teams get through in this format.

Edited by Adi_91

It seems I have touched a nerve by suggesting that India might lose another game.

Pakistan  will definitely win next game. Unfortunately, its against Kiwis and not Aussies also India loosing to Aussies is very realistic. However I think Pakistan can beat kiwis as well as Aussies.

Another scenario folks.

NZ beats everyone = 8pts

Ind beats Pak and BD= 4pts

Pak beats BD and Aus= 4pts

i think this might be a possible scenario.Pakistan can beat Australia,even nzl I believe ,so it'll come down to the nrr

If Pak beat Oz and lose to NZ it could be good for us. Assuming we win the Bang match (high probability) we might not even need to defeat Oz and can even lose by a margin to go through. Since this is the last match we'll know the margin too.

Exactly what i was thinking and came here to post! Let Pak lose to NZ and beat Aussies, that makes our job much easier!

Upcoming games in G2 and possible scenarios:

• 03/22 - NZ vs Pak at Mohali in the evening .... NZ favorites. Though Pak has a good record vs NZ in World Events   
  • 03/23 - BD vs Ind at B'lore in the evening .... With BD having nothing to lose, it could knock Ind out. Raina, Yuvi and Pandya's bowling could be exploited by BD hacks 
  • 03/25 - Aus vs Pak at Mohali in the afternoon .... a shoot out b/w Aus and Pak batting. Since the game is played in the afternoon advantage to Aus's batting 

So at this point, it could be 

NZ = 3 wins (Ind, Aus and Pak)

Aus = 2 wins (BD and Pak)

Ind, Pak and BD = 1 win (beat each other up) 

then

• 03/26 - BD vs NZ at Kol in the afternoon .... Result may not matter as BD would have to win by a huge margin to go past Aus NRR
  • 03/27 - Aus vs Ind at Mohali in the evening .... Result may not matter as Ind would have to win by a huge margin to go past Aus NRR

• 03/22 - NZ vs Pak at Mohali in the evening .... NZ favorites. Though Pak has a good record vs NZ in World Events   
  • 03/23 - BD vs Ind at B'lore in the evening .... With BD having nothing to lose, it could knock Ind out. Raina, Yuvi and Pandya's bowling could be exploited by BD hacks 
  • 03/25 - Aus vs Pak at Mohali in the afternoon .... a shoot out b/w Aus and Pak batting. Since the game is played in the afternoon advantage to Aus's batting 

then

• 03/26 - BD vs NZ at Kol in the afternoon .... Result may not matter as BD would have to win by a huge margin to go past Aus NRR
  • 03/27 - Aus vs Ind at Mohali in the evening .... Result may not matter as Ind would have to win by a huge margin to go past Aus NRR

This is a scary prospect. We will be at the edge of our seats the whole of this week.:((

then

Pehle hi pareshan hain aur tu aur dara raha hai :nervous: :afraid: Be positive man, be positive.

Here's hoping to India beating B'desh by a huge margin and then play Aussies on a turner :pray:

As they say hope for the best and prepare for the worst .... Besides the opponents, Asian team also have to battle the stupidity of their captains :winky:

Among Asian teams, Ind probably has the best chance of taking on the non-Asian teams, may be BD could understand that and allow Ind to win :two_thumbs_up:

That massive loss at Nagpur is really hurting the team... :mad:

NRR only becomes relevant if Pakistan beats Aus and NZ both(highly unlikely).

Or

If India loses to Aus and Pakistan beats Aus after losing to the Kiwis tomorrow.