Most Worthless Player of IPL 2016

Texan

Who is the most worthless player of IPL 2016?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the most worthless player of IPL 2016?

• MS Dhoni
    • Ravindra Jadeja
    • Harbhajan Singh
    • Yuvraj Singh
    • Glenn Maxwell
    • James Faulkner
    • David Miller
    • Mohammed Shami
    • Chris Gayle
    • Sanju Samson
    • Pawan Negi

David Miller is the winner

maxresdefault.jpg

Original OP follows...

Continuing with the tradition of choosing the most worthless player of each IPL, here are some of the contenders this year:

MS Dhoni

Ravindra Jadeja

Harbhajan Singh

Yuvraj Singh

Glenn Maxwell

James Faulkner

David Miller

Mohammed Shami

Chris Gayle

Sanju Samson

==

Previous winners of this prestigious title are:

2015: Yuvraj Singh

2014: Chris Gayle

2013: Kumara Sangakkara

2012: Yusuf Pathan

Edited by Texan

I think it has to be a player who a) is experienced enough, b) is considered an important part of the team, c) is someone with relatively high monetary value assigned to him, and d) has played enough games, ideally 80% (11 games) or more. If required time with the franchise can be considered too

My vote will follow shortly 

Edited by rett

There are a few contenders but Miller and Bhajji seem to fill most of the criteria listed above 

Miller is an international player and was also thrusted with captaincy despite his inexperience and mid way removed from it. All of thesr could have hampered his performances so can be given a benefit of doubt 

On the other hand, Bhajji has been an experienced campaigner who should be leading MI's attack but consistently fails to deliver. He, iirc, also played in all the games. He also had on field incidence with Rayudu, who should have been on this list too

Therefore, my vote goes to Bhajji

PS guys such as Pollard can be added too to the list 

Edited by rett

^ Considered Pollard, but he played some crucial knocks with high strike rate.

I am surprised you didn't consider Jadeja over Harbhajan. IMO, Jadeja performed even worse. But then everybody is entitled to their opinion. Thats why there's a poll. 

22 minutes ago, Texan said:

^ Considered Pollard, but he played some crucial knocks with high strike rate.

I am surprised you didn't consider Jadeja over Harbhajan. IMO, Jadeja performed even worse. But then everybody is entitled to their opinion. Thats why there's a poll. 

Jadeja missed a few games due to marriage and also GL is a new franchise

Many of the names on the list did not get enough opportunities such as Yuvi (came from injury), Shami, Faulkner, etc so should not be there 

IMO, you should have players who have played at least 10 to 11 games (unless dropped like Gayle) in this IPL and 35 or more games overall in IPL

Edited by rett

29 minutes ago, rett said:

There are a few contenders but Miller and Bhajji seem to fill most of the criteria listed above 

Miller is an international player and was also thrusted with captaincy despite his inexperience and mid way removed from it. All of thesr could have hampered his performances so can be given a benefit of doubt 

On the other hand, Bhajji has been an experienced campaigner who should be leading MI's attack but consistently fails to deliver. He, iirc, also played in all the games. He also had on field incidence with Rayudu, who should have been on this list too

Therefore, my vote goes to Bhajji

PS guys such as Pollard can be added too to the list 

Harbhajan got 9 wickets and Rayudu got 334 runs. They weren't great but not the most worthless players for sure.  

1 minute ago, rett said:

Young player playing only his 2nd IPL .... players should be experienced enough i.e. played in 35 or more  games in IPL overall 

Fair enough.

Stuart Binny got 33 runs and 1 wicket despite playing 12 matches, and he is an experienced player. He didn't get many chances to bat though. 

The players at the end of this list didn't do much this IPL.   

Just now, HippoSucks said:

I don't think there was any Indian player who would have done better on the bench. 

By having them, MI also lost the opportunity to bring in new players who could hv been better replacements 

Also guys like Nathu were not tried. Rana did better than Rayudu. Another youngster K Pan out performed Bhajji in all 3 departments and also has the highest SR in this IPL 

I have to say it's David Miller by a mile. He did zilch with the bat, didn't do much with team selection and captaincy wasn't better either.

Edit: Also, Samson should be removed from the poll. He's still a youngster and hasn't even been selected for intl level. IMO only players who have played at intl level should be eligible for this coveted title.

Edited by Ultimate_Game

10 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

I have to say it's David Miller by a mile. He did zilch with the bat, didn't do much with team selection and captaincy wasn't better either.

Edit: Also, Samson should be removed from the poll. He's still a youngster and hasn't even been selected for intl level. IMO only players who have played at intl level should be eligible for this coveted title.

Samson is there since he has played a few seasons of IPL now. He has also played an international match. But I'll give that his performances have not been nearly as bad as some others in this list. 

15 minutes ago, Texan said:

Samson is there since he has played a few seasons of IPL now. He has also played an international match. But I'll give that his performances have not been nearly as bad as some others in this list. 

Samson has played an intl match? Didn't know that at all. I would still give him leeway as he's not an established intl player like most others on the list.