Is Wahab Riaz the fastest bowler in the world at present

the don

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Other than pace Wahab has no skills which are needed to be a great fast bowler. He is eminently so hittable for a bowler with his pace it is comical.He should be terrorizing the batsmen but it is almost opposite with him.

A pacer who bowls 150 kph is never easily hittable. It just seems easy to us because batsmen these days practices a lot against such pace.

Edited by rkt.india
On 10/2/2016 at 6:02 PM, express bowling said:

Shami bowled  151 k  yesterday, in a test match , playing in humid conditions.

He was bowling 142 k to 144 k  deliveries at will even in the last spell of the day while maintaining good accuracy.

Ma'sha Allah brother shami is the best fast bowler in India, following in the footsteps of brother Zaheer. 

Edited by panther

Wahab Riaz may not be the fastest but he's definitely able to maintain good speeds in a long spell.

On ‎02‎-‎10‎-‎2016 at 10:32 PM, express bowling said:

Shami bowled  151 k  yesterday, in a test match , playing in humid conditions.

He was bowling 142 k to 144 k  deliveries at will even in the last spell of the day while maintaining good accuracy.

Are you sure about that ? I doubt Shami touched 150 kph mark, he was averaging 85-86 mph (around 136 kph), so his fastest must have been say in mid 140's. Shami usually clocks high 140s and nears the 150 kph mark when he's averaging at say 141-142 kph, but that is achieved at his peak fitness form.

15 hours ago, MechEng said:

Wahab Riaz may not be the fastest but he's definitely able to maintain good speeds in a long spell.

Are you sure about that ? I doubt Shami touched 150 kph mark, he was averaging 85-86 mph (around 136 kph), so his fastest must have been say in mid 140's. Shami usually clocks high 140s and nears the 150 kph mark when he's averaging at say 141-142 kph, but that is achieved at his peak fitness form.

Shami averaged 139.6 k in the first innings . That is very high in a test match.

BCCI TV is showing ball by ball speed in the " Trajectory Viewer "  and it is the same as speeds shown on  TV.   I have checked it for many overs.   It is then showing the summary  under " Bowl Speeds ".  It is  shown inningswise and you have to choose different innings.

Check the link I am providing  below

http://www.bcci.tv/india-v-new-zealand-2016/match/02

Click on the tab " Hawk-eye " ....then click the top right-most icon in " Hawk-eye " ....the icon is square shaped.  Choose  " Bowl Speeds " from the new menu.

After going to bowl speeds.....click on the 2nd from the right icon and choose " NEW ZEALAND  FIRST INNINGS ".  You would get the 2nd innings by default and that would give you are wrong idea as he was slower in it.

You will see that he bowled 151.2 k      (  in the 8th over of the first innings I think..  He also bowled a delivery at 147.9 k  )

Shami touched 149 k in the WI series too.  He has gained a yard of pace after his injury layoff and ensuing hard training and is bowling the quickest spells of his career nowadays.

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, MCcricket said:

Funny thing is Shami has shortened n improved his run up but there is still scope for improvement, he has the ability to bowl with same pace as Steyn at his peak also Skill wise not too far behind, in coming days he could be India's best Bowler ever

The thing with steyn is he used to get drained and opposition used to get better of the team and SA go for a lunch or tea and then he would come back and bowl 145-155 spell and blow some batsmen away and set things up for other bowlers. He is pretty much a class of his own when comparing with modern fast bowlers in terms of impact. My second wind of interest in cricket was because of seeing steyn against India/Eng/Aus in tests, at his peak he was such an awesome sight.