500 & 1000 rs notes stopped from tonight

tweaker

^I was able to take my mom (pension a/c holder) and we stood in a senior citizens line and I gave my own personal cheque as well along with her's. Nobody raised eyebrows (this is south India, BTW!), the guard was also respective of my mom and let us inside without waiting on the line. It is a minor 2 min detail. I don't know why it is made such a big deal and also media is looking for any such stories like above to enhance the effect of demonetization. What is the BFD for the guard to allow one more person. Power ka chaadav hai unko.

32 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

^I was able to take my mom (pension a/c holder) and we stood in a senior citizens line and I gave my own personal cheque as well along with her's. Nobody raised eyebrows (this is south India, BTW!), the guard was also respective of my mom and let us inside without waiting on the line. It is a minor 2 min detail. I don't know why it is made such a big deal and also media is looking for any such stories like above to enhance the effect of demonetization. What is the BFD for the guard to allow one more person. Power ka chaadav hai unko.

The size of Bank , plus public around bank matters a lot in these things. Using senior citizens is now the new trend for public , my relatives told me " Mummy ko le ke jaa naa" After trying my luck several times at ATM , mother told me she will go so I let her .Anyway that bank was HDFC with lot of space so they have seating arrangements but still it took my 2 hours to withdraw money.I really doubt  if my mother goes to her pension bank then Guard would have allowed me as space is very small

And why shouldn't media highlight it, everwhere you are hearing stories of fights or even risk of stampede yet our Govt has turned blind eye by saying everything is normal.Sorry to say but media this time is very leniant on Govt 

16 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Black money in India is with  two kind of people 

1) Sadar bazaar type businessmen

2)  Mafia

1st category is definately afraid , but 2nd category is using this oppurtunity to make more money. The mafia is not afraid of IT department because several criminal cases are always slapped on them. The mafia also have very big influence on regional politics and parties.As law and order is state subject and they have politicians in their pocket.If you really think that all this will change in 1-2 years , good luck

Exactly, When it came to tax evasion and falsifying account books, Sadar Bazaar has been behaving like Mafia without any remorse or guilt. And that is real reason why common man have no sympathy with either and it is ready to queue up.

Onus is on Sadar Bazaar type businessman to gain respect in society. Government needs Sadar Bazaar type businessmen on its side to fight mafia.

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

This is true. When media.politicians  was highlighting plights of villages, Villagers were saying they have no issue. This includes villages and towns of Congress President Rae Bareilly which was covered by ABP news yesterday. I know my village people. I know, Apart from few pensioners none of them dont visit bank at all as they never had any money. So if 2 people are dong some big expense work (house/wedding) it was easily manageable.

Problem was always going to be people on daily wages workers in cities. They were all standing in queue with Rs 5000 notes till last month. They could have instead opened a account.

49 minutes ago, mishra said:

Exactly, When it came to tax evasion and falsifying account books, Sadar Bazaar has been behaving like Mafia without any remorse or guilt. And that is real reason why common man have no sympathy with either and it is ready to queue up.

Onus is on Sadar Bazaar type businessman to gain respect in society. Government needs Sadar Bazaar type businessmen on its side to fight mafia.

What about collateral damage? close to 100 dead , lakhs of jobs lost millions sufferring  .Just to punish few people you cannot have such damage .There are several other ways to tackle sadar bazaar type of businessmen.They are barely not even 1% of population

12 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

What about collateral damage? close to 100 dead , lakhs of jobs lost millions sufferring  .Just to punish few people you cannot have such damage .There are several other ways to tackle sadar bazaar type of businessmen.They are barely not even 1% of population

Cardiac arrest isn't related to demonitisation or queues. You can have it on sofa. Hence, Only a journalist can find such links, not medical science or doctors. People have sympathy with dead, so they are not arguing, but journos are doing a disservice by making such claims unless offcourse its paid news. Again read below to see how pay master reacted when requested to provide evidence

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-38051533

If you got any please provide.

Again, At the end of day People in queue are ready to stand there. Government and people already it will have impact. Just like if a small Road is built, people loose their land. But then also they let Road built on their land as they know the benefits.

Suggest a effective way to tackle Bazaar as long as Bazaar type guy has got money to give as kickback to IT,Police,Judges,Docs,Lawyers in case he is got

Edited by mishra

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chennai/Rs-90-crore-in-cash-100kg-of-gold-seized-in-I-T-raids-at-8-locations-in-Chennai/articleshow/55874398.cms

CHENNAI: Income Tax investigation sleuths in Chennai have unearthed a money laundering racket and seized Rs 120 crore in old currencies, new currencies and gold bars from eight premises including a star hotel room.

"The premises belong to industrialist Shekhar Reddy, his associate Srinivasa Reddy and their agents including one Prem," said an IT official.

Of the total seizure, Rs 80 crore was in old demonetised currencies and Rs 10 crore in newly introduced Rs 2,000 denomination. The teams also seized 100kg gold bars worth Rs 30 crore, said the official. The sleuths got a tip-off about Prem exchanging old currencies for gold bars, and following his trail they stumbled upon the Reddy associates. They seized Rs 6 crore in newly introduced Rs 2,000 denomination from the house of Shekhar Reddy in T Nagar.

Some people are saying there is not enough cash in ATM when corrupts in bed with Havala/mafia are the ones at large and responsible for misery

@Singh bling  This is what I was saying. Finally, Government will leave Sadar Bazaar guys. This whole excercise is just warning shot to Sadar Bazar. In this round, government is interested in Havala and mafias only

Edited by mishra

21 hours ago, kosingh said:

Just got to India a few days ago. I am surprised that there still seem to be long lines at ATMs, with many ATMs not functioning. Most people in these lines seem to be from lower class. Although I was optimistic about this demonetization, I am finding it hard to say it is working. Some people may get caught, and some people may lose their stocks of money, but the illegal flows continue. The local cops still want their chai-paani, and the politicians and IS-IAS officers still get their bribes.  Property sellers as well as buyers want half the transaction in black.

But poor people seem to be suffering. They can't access their own money. Will they trust the banking system? In the short term they may have been forced to deposit the few 500s and 1000s they had (but worth A LOT to them) into bank accounts. But in the future will they want to use banks at all knowing that they can't easily access their own money?

you think anyone can stop corruption. There is real cure. but the amount of black money we had in India is almost out of the market now.

4 hours ago, mishra said:

Cardiac arrest isn't related to demonitisation or queues. You can have it on sofa. Hence, Only a journalist can find such links, not medical science or doctors. People have sympathy with dead, so they are not arguing, but journos are doing a disservice by making such claims unless offcourse its paid news. Again read below to see how pay master reacted when requested to provide evidence

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-38051533

If you got any please provide.

Again, At the end of day People in queue are ready to stand there. Government and people already it will have impact. Just like if a small Road is built, people loose their land. But then also they let Road built on their land as they know the benefits.

Suggest a effective way to tackle Bazaar as long as Bazaar type guy has got money to give as kickback to IT,Police,Judges,Docs,Lawyers in case he is got

Have some sympathy , if because of circumstances an ill , old person has to over exert then those circumstances are also responsible .Also what about suicides ? 

when farmer committed suicide people blamed Congress for their plight now why BJP should not be blamed if they commit suicide because of demonitisation?,

May be some deaths are exagerated but still people are dying.Even today they were showing on news 24 one  person saying that how his condition got worse because of standing in line .

As far tackling black money is concerned there are various studies how to tackle it but most economists do agree that never ever a fast growing economy do this type of experiment .The cost of this is too high 

3 hours ago, mishra said:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chennai/Rs-90-crore-in-cash-100kg-of-gold-seized-in-I-T-raids-at-8-locations-in-Chennai/articleshow/55874398.cms

Some people are saying there is not enough cash in ATM when corrupts in bed with Havala/mafia are the ones at large and responsible for misery

@Singh bling  This is what I was saying. Finally, Government will leave Sadar Bazaar guys. This whole excercise is just warning shot to Sadar Bazar. In this round, government is interested in Havala and mafias only

Its good Govt is catching them but question remains How come these people have got hand on 70 crore  new currency.From which channel they are getting it.How come we know that other mafia, corrupt politicians have not got hand on new currency? So far not even a single big corrupt politician , bahubali , corporate guy is caught.

1 hour ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

How smartly government is now selling this as a move to cashless economy. Had hoti hai bewakoof banane ke bhi. Limit to making a fool out of people. Any move to cashless economy does not require force. and an abrupt start time. It could have been done at pace and without inconvenience.

BJP never learn from mistakes. In 2004 they did hi tech campaign and lost badly because they forgot ground level. Now again they are doing same mistake.Even in most advanced nations like USA cash still continues to be favourate mean 

Do BJP leaders even understand that we don't even have infrastructure  for epayment system. Tried to pay through Paytm , server error, 

Tried mobikwik for epayment some technichal glitch .This is happening to companies that are promoting e payment from sometime how could Govt.Also few days ago tried to add  cash to payment once it was failure but second time success , but later on found that cash was added twice 

2 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Have some sympathy , if because of circumstances an ill , old person has to over exert then those circumstances are also responsible .Also what about suicides ? 

when farmer committed suicide people blamed Congress for their plight now why BJP should not be blamed if they commit suicide because of demonitisation?,

May be some deaths are exagerated but still people are dying.Even today they were showing on news 24 one  person saying that how his condition got worse because of standing in line .

As far tackling black money is concerned there are various studies how to tackle it but most economists do agree that never ever a fast growing economy do this type of experiment .The cost of this is too high 

My dad absolutely believes that his diabetes is in control because he  follows that Ramdev babajis yoga technique and diet control. Offcourse I agree with him but i keep in regularly reminding him to take precription drug and as soon as he falls sick we Check if he has been skipping his medicines.

Same sympathy and ignorance angle is being used here. Specially in cases of cardiac arrest death ones. 

2 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Its good Govt is catching them but question remains How come these people have got hand on 70 crore  new currency.From which channel they are getting it.How come we know that other mafia, corrupt politicians have not got hand on new currency? So far not even a single big corrupt politician , bahubali , corporate guy is caught.

Bhai, note hi badalee hai. Logon ki niyat nahi. If this gives you anY consolence, the money caught in Chennai is probably belonged to TAmil Nadu CM. There are not many CMs in India

In Karnataka many officials got caught with huge sums of money in new denominations..It came to know that offcials are involved in converting black money for Janardhan reddy. I hear many stories of money bags (with new notes) getting caught. At least 5 cases were reported in Bangalore ( read bangalore mirror ) where police themselves acted as commission agents and looted money. 

India's governance system is corrupt, only corrupt people can get in and they can find multiple ways to convert their black money. It is poor and middle class who stand in line for their own money. Untill we bring an effective judiciary which acts on common sense and punishes the culprits in time bound manner, nothing is going to change.

2 hours ago, mishra said:

Bhai, note hi badalee hai. Logon ki niyat nahi. If this gives you anY consolence, the money caught in Chennai is probably belonged to TAmil Nadu CM. There are not many CMs in India

This is the main point.Black money is just changing hands.So what is point of all those deaths , suffering ,job loss , business loss , economy slowing down?

Common man just supported move because they thought this move will make India black one and corruption free.The fact is state Governments are deadly corrupt and  central govt could hardly do anything about it. All their welfare schemes go through state governments and they will always take their cut