Jayant Yadav

tweaker

Jayant yadav showed a side which we didn't know existed, exemplary strokeplay, he has a very good technique n his game is very organised, the way he approaches batting n bowling, he bats like a proper batsmen coming in at 3,4 or 5.

With Kuldeep Yadav he has an element of unpredictability n added factor being a wrist spinner n Chinaman, he is accurate n turns big n has all variations, also he can score test runs from what I assume, he also takes the pitch n conditions factors out as he is a wrist spinner n can play in Aus, SA, Eng .

Looks a really good batsman with good technique and stroke play .Looks compact playing the areal shot as well.Deserves a promotion in the batting line up.

Will give him a go in the no.6 slot in Odis as well.Our problem position.

Jayant @ 6 and Pandya @ 7 could solve our 5 bowler issue in any conditions

Just now, BeautifulGame said:

Looks a really good batsman with good technique and stroke play .Looks compact playing the areal shot as well.Deserves a promotion in the batting line up.

Will give him a go in the no.6 slot in Odis as well.Our problem position.

Jayant @ 6 and Pandya @ 7 could solve our 5 bowler issue in any conditions

ODI's its a different ball game,need the ability to hit sixes.If all we needed was a solid batsman,we already have Ashwin

ODI's its a different ball game,need the ability to hit sixes.If all we needed was a solid batsman,we already have Ashwin

Yeah true but he looks more than capable of playing the big shots against the spinners . Obviously the real challenge will be against fast bowlers which we won't know unless he gets a chance

9 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Yeah true but he looks more than capable of playing the big shots against the spinners . Obviously the real challenge will be against fast bowlers which we won't know unless he gets a chance

He's been bothered by short stuff on a slow pitch - He definitely will have a bit of hard time with pace on bouncier tracks - but can work it out with more exposure.  

36 minutes ago, sandeep said:

He's been bothered by short stuff on a slow pitch - He definitely will have a bit of hard time with pace on bouncier tracks - but can work it out with more exposure.  

On Indian pitches short ball can sometimes be hard to handle - doesn't bounce too much, and can skid on.

Jayant Yadav is very articulate.  His post-match interviews are impressive and give the impression that he is a thinking cricketer.

Frankly speaking....he is looking like a batsman who can bowl rather than the other way round.   He has been able to bat superbly on a turning track  with bounce but has looked innocuous at times while bowling on such a track.  He has been able to get some crucial breakthroughs though.

1 hour ago, WeStMiDz said:

An important cog in the line up. To achieve that status in your first test series when there were quite a few doubters (myself included) when he was selected is quite remarkable. Hats off!

I just hope he doesn't end up becoming a 1 series wonder. Many batsmen had greats starts to their test career but couldn't carry on.

The thing about Jayant is that he seems to have a good head on him. This century was littered with chances half chances and near misses he gave the English bowlers. But all those chances were to good balls. He did not throw it away. 

What I hope we dont do is make him something he is not. Keep him at 8/9 depending and dont promote him higher than that. He provided a good back up option to Ash and is a decent fielder.

I doubt he is going to even be MoM. But I do believe at home he has the capacity to be a vital "cog" as Westy aptly put it.

A limited cricketer, whose strength is that he knows his own strength and weaknesses. 

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

Jayant Yadav is very articulate.  His post-match interviews are impressive and give the impression that he is a thinking cricketer.

Frankly speaking....he is looking like a batsman who can bowl rather than the other way round.   He has been able to bat superbly on a turning track  with bounce but has looked innocuous at times while bowling on such a track.  He has been able to get some crucial breakthroughs though.

That's what I felt too - that Root wicket came out of nowhere, otherwise the batsmen were milking him for fun.