Areas where Kohli is better than Tendulkar as a player.

narenpande1

2 minutes ago, laaloo said:

Yeah ran off to US. It doesnt matter when you ran off though. Geez you dont understand that part do you? The point is you've had these same conversations years ago. Then ran away and now came back with a different id and stirring the pot again. It's apparent you have some personal problems with Tenulkar or Tendulkar fans in general and you come to ICF to blow off some steam because you don't have the guts to say it to them face to face. I seem to have a lot of time on my hands? Seriously? I write one liners dude. You're the one going on cricinfo and filtering stats.

i have a hectic profession career with short breaks when  I blog, have not even followed cricket seriously since 2012.  You are a career 24/7 watch dog here with 38000 plus messages. Must have quite a dull life. 

hope you are doing okay. 

2 minutes ago, narenpande1 said:

i have a hectic profession career with short breaks when  I blog, have not even followed cricket seriously since 2012.  You are a career 24/7 watch dog here with 38000 plus messages. Must have quite a dull life. 

hope you are doing okay. 

Why are you getting offensive now? It's obvious you are rattled now. I have been posting here for9 years now. But most of them are one liners. I rarely take the time to post. I dont go on cricinfo like you going through filters trying to see where others do better than sachin in. My life is pretty exciting though bro. I'm not a hypocrite I can tell you that. I also 'ran' off to US but I never criticize those who live in India.

3 minutes ago, narenpande1 said:

hope you are doing okay. 

dude seriously let off some steam, chillax. You are posting in the site but then demeaning posters, it wont work. 

Have you watched all of Tendulkar's knocks since he debuted? I think anyone who isn't at least 38 preferably 40 years of age along with having had subscriptions to all of DD, Star, Zee, Sony Asia and Sky etc depending on where you lived (which by the way excludes most white folk) is pretty much disqualified from commenting on Tendulkar. As Gambit above said, context is everything. To compare Kohli and Tendulkar you need to quit comparing them directly and compare them with their respective peers when it was all happening in real time. 

23 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Goosy strikes!  Having fun with the cricket Goosy?  You need to make more special appearances in the Predictions threads.  You have quite a track record with those.

Hey Sandeep had totally fallen out love with Indian cricket since Tendulkar retired and emergence of a conveyor belt of effective but slightly boring players. Kohli's knock in the WC T20 against Aus was a turning point. Not just because he was averaging 120 in T20 chases or something silly but because I saw absolutely nothing in his method to believe he couldn't replicate in tests. So yeh I am glued to this series. Being British lends an added dimension and i can't wait for 2018 for the return series!

Firstly - apologies to anyone I hurt.

I have said it before in this thread and I said it explicitly again - Tendulkar is our greatest ever all round batter by a distance in terms of success. 

At his peak no one could come to his breathtaking array of shots and sheer mastery on both sides of the wickets. By far the most complete player. 

But having lived half my life in Mumbai, have been quite disgusted at the attitude in the country where people celebrated his personal milestones when India lost. 

He too has been influenced by it.  

This sort of mindset that it was okay to be a shitty mid table team but celebrate the fact that Tendulkar was better than X or Y. 

Also he has not been the same player since 2001 or so. He got so consumed in the accumulation milestone mode. 

Most people here would agree that Kohli is an aggressive fighter with a warrior like mentality. He brings in all of Gangulys take-no-shit attitude along with unseen hunger to win and has raised the batting bar of his generation.

i bet he will avg 55+ when he hangs his boots 

It is my deepest desire that we dominate cricket for at least 5 years. Kohli is our best bet

Edited by narenpande1
7 minutes ago, goose said:

Have you watched all of Tendulkar's knocks since he debuted? I think anyone who isn't at least 38 preferably 40 years of age along with having had subscriptions to all of DD, Star, Zee, Sony Asia and Sky etc depending on where you lived (which by the way excludes most white folk) is pretty much disqualified from commenting on Tendulkar. As Gambit above said, context is everything. To compare Kohli and Tendulkar you need to quit comparing them directly and compare them with their respective peers when it was all happening in real time. 

lol thats nifty lad. Lets bring age of posters into the equation. But one does not need to be 38 to have seen all his knocks, one does not need to have seen all his knocks to compare him really though. I can see some bits of merit in the anti tendulkar side.. and some indusive reasoning in the tendulkar fans side. 

4 minutes ago, narenpande1 said:

Firstly - apologies to anyone I hurt.

I have said it before in this thread and I said it explicitly again - Tendulkar is our greatest ever all round batter by a distance in terms of success. 

At his peak no one could come to his breathtaking array of shots and sheer mastery on both sides of the wickets. By far the most complete player. 

But having lived half my life in Mumbai, have been quite disgusted at the attitude in the country where people celebrated his personal milestones when India lost. 

He too has been influenced by it.  

This sort of mindset that it was okay to be a shitty mid table team but celebrate the fact that Tendulkar was better than X or Y. 

Also he has not been the same player since 2001 or so. He got so consumed in the accumulation milestone mode. 

Most people here would agree that Kohli is an aggressive fighter with a warrior like mentality. He brings in all of Gangulys take-no-shit attitude along with unseen hunger to win and has raised the batting bar of his generation.

i bet he will avg 55+ when he hangs his boots 

It is my deepest desire that we dominate cricket for at least 5 years. Kohli is our best bet

Good post.  Good on you to man up like  that.  

On the milestones and all - nothing wrong with being disgusted by that - but you don't need to hurl invectives and diminish Tendy's achievements or his class, in order to express that disgust.  Or to express greater liking of the desire to win and all that stuff.  That's all.  Rest of it, nobody will disagree with you on.  

3 minutes ago, Vilander said:

lol thats nifty lad. Lets bring age of posters into the equation. But one does not need to be 38 to have seen all his knocks, one does not need to have seen all his knocks to compare him really though. I can see some bits of merit in the anti tendulkar side.. and some indusive reasoning in the tendulkar fans side. 

Well hang on a minute...your age does kind of determine if you've seen a player.

4 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Good post.  Good on you to man up like  that.  

On the milestones and all - nothing wrong with being disgusted by that - but you don't need to hurl invectives and diminish Tendy's achievements or his class, in order to express that disgust.  Or to express greater liking of the desire to win and all that stuff.  That's all.  Rest of it, nobody will disagree with you on.  

Peace out brother 

23 minutes ago, goose said:

Well hang on a minute...your age does kind of determine if you've seen a player.

say someone was 12 when he played first he would be say 38 -> which makes your assumption about right. But imagine someone who was say 8 but had a keen sense of sport and followed sachin, he would just be 34 now...see..so may be that 8 yearold saw the early sachin knocks in video...its not a generational thing yet for Tenduclkar fans if you know what i am saying. Sunny fans for sure, yes, there must be a generation now between them and general cricket fans.

To add to above you really needed to experience first-hand thinking this kid was supernatural to the disappointment of finding out he was in fact human, in that order. Seeing how good he was after 2000 and watching his tennis elbow slump and then filling in the rest with cricinfo like our friend narenpande is not the same.

11 minutes ago, goose said:

Yeh but ideally you needed to spend a couple years of watching India being sh%t sans Tendulkar. It's not a generational thing but because his career was long people who have watched him for 10-12 years say between 2002 and 2014 swear (understandably) they know him inside out which of course they don't.

Funny thing is this same poster started the same thread a couple of years but back then conversation was Lara vs Tendulkar. He was pimping up Lara. Now it's kohli after a year of a good run. He didnt even mention Lara this time.

3 hours ago, goose said:

Hahaha...no offense but this is funny.