Personal milestones 'out of our system' - Kohli

vvvslaxman

1 minute ago, sensible-indian said:

Personal milestone ain't out of our team's systems.

Just a feel good media statement.

To be honest if it isn't going to affect team's chances personal milestones should be allowed. Otherwise unnecessary bickering and bitterness may creep into the team against captain.

1 minute ago, Pollack said:

To be honest if it isn't going to affect team's chances personal milestones should be allowed. Otherwise unnecessary bickering and bitterness may creep into the team against captain.

I completely agree.

Personal milestones do have its place as it gives confidence to players. As long as its not done to the detriment of the team, its ok.

But there is no need to put on a holier than thou show with it. Kohli means well (he really cares about winning the most) but could avoid statements like this when something else happens on the field.

3 hours ago, Sidhoni said:

When have I shied away from stating my opinion man. The way you are acting about Kohli these days you should call yourself Kohlitics.

Lol about Kohli all these days? What did I say? I myself said he is wrong in picking Sharma and not bowlig Jadeja, don't know what else you want to hear. 

Anyways, I love that new name you gave me - Kohlitics. I serious love that. Honored after my predictions about Kohli in 2007, appreciate it. :)

6 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Lol about Kohli all these days? What did I say? I myself said he is wrong in picking Sharma and not bowlig Jadeja, don't know what else you want to hear. 

Anyways, I love that new name you gave me - Kohlitics. I serious love that. Honored after my predictions about Kohli in 2007, appreciate it. :)

It was just plain sarcasm from my side, nothing else. But you thought I am having a go at Kohli. That's what Sachin or Dhoni fans are accused of doing.

If you really love the name then let Cricketics go

2 minutes ago, Sidhoni said:

It was just plain sarcasm from my side, nothing else. But you thought I am having a go at Kohli. That's what Sachin or Dhoni fans are accused of doing.

If you really love the name then let Cricketics go

That I can't because I have strict policy of not changig my name, have used this at many forums, so i tried to be the same :). Anyway, my love for other sport - Tennis is sometimes as big as it is for Cricket, so I have often contemplated of using "Tennistics" earlier in the days when forums were getting popular, but somehow kept using cricketics. 

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

That I can't because I have strict policy of not changig my name, have used this at many forums, so i tried to be the same :). Anyway, my love for other sport - Tennis is sometimes as big as it is for Cricket, so I have often contemplated of using "Tennistics" earlier in the days when forums were getting popular, but somehow kept using cricketics. 

Lame strict policy shouldn't come between your adoration for Kohli. If I were you I would change it to Kohlitics everywhere. :p:

I completely agree.

Personal milestones do have its place as it gives confidence to players. As long as its not done to the detriment of the team, its ok.

But there is no need to put on a holier than thou show with it. Kohli means well (he really cares about winning the most) but could avoid statements like this when something else happens on the field.

But the thing is Kohli never really outright claimed that personal milestones are completely out of the system. This is just a sensationalist headline.

What Kohli was referring to is that batsmen won't slow down while nearing a milestone and affect the team's chances. He was referring to a culture of batsmen scoring fast if needed to achieve the team goals and selflessly risking their personal milestones in the process.

That doesn't really mean he won't wait till a player gets to the milestone. It just means he wants the player to reach the milestone quickly and not jeopardize the teams chances.

Here is the exact quote:

One thing that I really wanted the team to do was express themselves in Test matches and not think about personal performances," he said, when asked what uncertainties he had when taking over the captaincy and when he thought he had nailed them. "Because a lot of the times, you have an hour in the Test match where you can take the game away and you are still not willing to go for it because you are close to your milestone or things like that. These are the things that we have gotten out of our system completely.
4 minutes ago, Sidhoni said:

Lame strict policy shouldn't come between your adoration for Kohli. If I were you I would change it to Kohlitics everywhere. :p:

Over the years i liked many players like kohli but never really changed my username based on them. Player not bigger than the game to me, but I would surely use it somehwere down the line somewhere :) Kohlitics, I like.

36 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Over the years i liked many players like kohli but never really changed my username based on them. Player not bigger than the game to me, but I would surely use it somehwere down the line somewhere :) Kohlitics, I like.

Ok but having a player's name in username doesn't mean the person thinks of them as bigger than the game.

BTW what's with the "tics"?

39 minutes ago, moniker said:

But the thing is Kohli never really outright claimed that personal milestones are completely out of the system. This is just a sensationalist headline.

What Kohli was referring to is that batsmen won't slow down while nearing a milestone and affect the team's chances. He was referring to a culture of batsmen scoring fast if needed to achieve the team goals and selflessly risking their personal milestones in the process.

That doesn't really mean he won't wait till a player gets to the milestone. It just means he wants the player to reach the milestone quickly and not jeopardize the teams chances.

Here is the exact quote:

Good point      :nice:

1 minute ago, Sidhoni said:

Ok but having a player's name in username doesn't mean the person thinks of them as bigger than the game.

BTW what's with the "tics"?

I guess when I was 12-1e, I thought I will use and make a cricket term which sounds similar to Politics. So I came up with "Cricket-ics"

2 hours ago, moniker said:

Here is the exact quote:

Well on second glace on the quotes you posted, he does claim that outright.

Sure, we can debate about whether its out of the system for milestones only OR for situations when team's win is sacrificed for milestones but point is that it still plays a role.

When you win, nothing will be scrutinized. When you don't, everything will be.

India batted too slowly towards the end of Nagpur test in 2012 and Dhoni was carted for it. That's cos we were under the pump then. Had it been a series where we were cruising along, no one would raise such points.

Edited by sensible-indian
4 hours ago, Prince_ said:

Did I say ppl on this site don't understand my sarcasm? Perhaps I was referring to others sarcastic posts, u'll never know :giggle:

Yeah I wont know that but I do know that you're a bangladeshi pretending to be an Indian. Your team won yesterday. Go and enjoy the victory instead of trolling here.

Edited by laaloo