Is Mamta Banerjee's West Bengal becoming a mini Pakistan?

Austin 3:!6

4 hours ago, Yoda-esque said:

You arent too far off.He would be happy about the Jai Shri Ram episode

LOL. Way to misrepresent people. I have never, ever stood in the way of free speech and i am its most ardent defender on the site. 

On 5/5/2019 at 8:38 AM, speed_thrills said:

From where did you find this info. Some wannabe liberals in Park Street may be eating. In rural Bengal people will riot if cow slaughter is done in Hindu dominated areas let alone eating.

most of Kolkata, especially the men, eat beef. Not regularly but we usually eat it when we go out with buds or we go to events ( like muslim or x-tian marriages, etc) that serve beef. 

most of Kolkata, especially the men, eat beef. Not regularly but we usually eat it when we go out with buds or we go to events ( like muslim or x-tian marriages, etc) that serve beef. 
That's very interesting. Hyderabadi Hindus love their non veg food. Many of them eat weird stuff like goat's head, brain, organs and some even have blood curry too.
But having beef is a strict no-no. I am talking about the old city folks who have lived along side Muslims for hundreds of years.
Never met anyone who had it or at least openly has it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, nikred said:

That's very interesting. Hyderabadi Hindus love their non veg food. Many of them eat weird stuff like goat's head, brain, organs and some even have blood curry too.
But having beef is a strict no-no. I am talking about the old city folks who have lived along side Muslims for hundreds of years.
Never met anyone who had it or at least openly has it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Had a bong (Sanyal) roomie some years ago , never ate beef. He cooked chicken mostly. I have come across Kerala Hindus eating beef, but never bongs, it must be a cosmopolitan thing, not an organic one like Kerala. 

Edited by coffee_rules

1 hour ago, Muloghonto said:

West Bengal is not only about Kolkata, I have lived in North Bengal till up to 24 years of age and never came across a Hindu, male or female who ate beef.

Edited by speed_thrills

11 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Buffalo meat is common in rural Bengal among Hindus, it is a popular choice as sacrificial animal. Anyway why are we discussing beef here?

It's not, hope you are not confusing Bengal with Nepal. Baby goat is the most popular choice as sacrificial animal here.

23 minutes ago, speed_thrills said:

It's not, hope you are not confusing Bengal with Nepal. Baby goat is the most popular choice as sacrificial animal here.

I lived in Bengal, I am not saying it is most popular but it is common. Goat however is number 1 by a long distance.  

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

I lived in Bengal, I am not saying it is most popular but it is common. Goat however is number 1 by a long distance. 

So one post and it has become common from most popular. Bottom line is hardly 1% Bengali Hindus eat beef ( basing on instinct) and absolutely no one cooks at home.

BTW I was born in rural Bengal and lived there for 24 years.

27 minutes ago, speed_thrills said:

So one post and it has become common from most popular. Bottom line is hardly 1% Bengali Hindus eat beef ( basing on instinct) and absolutely no one cooks at home.

BTW I was born in rural Bengal and lived there for 24 years.

Where did I say 'most popular'? Could you point it out? This will help:

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Buffalo meat is common in rural Bengal among Hindus, it is a popular choice as sacrificial animal. Anyway why are we discussing beef here?

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

4 hours ago, speed_thrills said:

West Bengal is not only about Kolkata, I have lived in North Bengal till up to 24 years of age and never came across a Hindu, male or female who ate beef.

no but if you take Kolkata and draw a 150km radius around it, its like 70% of bengal population.

5 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

no but if you take Kolkata and draw a 150km radius around it, its like 70% of bengal population.

My arguments still stands. Once you step out of urban areas of Kolkata beef consumption among Hindus is negligible even within 150 KMS radius of kolkata. 

Kolkata has lots of 'We are Hindus only culturally' types though.

5 hours ago, speed_thrills said:

My arguments still stands. Once you step out of urban areas of Kolkata beef consumption among Hindus is negligible even within 150 KMS radius of kolkata. 

Kolkata has lots of 'We are Hindus only culturally' types though.

Well, i ate beef at a birthday party in Bardhaman once. Yes, its mostly the urban areas that do it, maybe the north doesn't do it ( i have only passed through the north on my way to Sikkim) but the urbanized south is still the majority of Bong population.

12 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Well, i ate beef at a birthday party in Bardhaman once. Yes, its mostly the urban areas that do it, maybe the north doesn't do it ( i have only passed through the north on my way to Sikkim) but the urbanized south is still the majority of Bong population.

Well each to his own since we do not have any structured data to bank upon.

However I will have to disagree about urban south population being majority of Bong population as per 2011 census data WB has close to 70% rural population.

BTW do u know any Bong who cooks beef at home?

8 hours ago, speed_thrills said:

Well each to his own since we do not have any structured data to bank upon.

However I will have to disagree about urban south population being majority of Bong population as per 2011 census data WB has close to 70% rural population.

BTW do u know any Bong who cooks beef at home?

only muslims.