Pakistan Discussion Thread

KeyboardWarrior

One thing's for sure - whenever it is that Pakistan "completes" their census - they've already created myriad loopholes and exceptions so that its actually not even a proper complete census - their census figures are going to get a lot of Punjabi Pehelwaan style massage in the name of "National Interest" before they are released.   

They realise that they belong to a country where apostasy means inviting the risk of death – even if spared by government authorities and courts, a fanatic mob would certainly not.

But they have still chosen to tread a perilous path in their attempt to reach out to other Pakistanis sharing similar beliefs and more importantly, to let the world know they exist. They are a group of Pakistani atheists called the Pakistani Atheists and Agnostics (PAA). They first tried to make their presence known two years back by making a page about their group on Facebook. On August 14 this year, they launched their website www.e-paa.org that was literally an instant hit. It received more than 17,000 hits in just 48 hours after its launch from 95 countries, including Saudi Arabia.

How did the idea to bring together Pakistani atheists on a single platform come up? “When I became an atheist, I honestly thought there were no others like me in Pakistan. Through discussions on various social networking groups and forums, I found a few others like me. So we decided to make this group to find out how many more were out there,” says Hazrat NaKhuda, one of the founding members of the group. For obvious reasons, the PAA members go by pseudonyms to protect their identity.

1359.jpg

When the PAA first appeared on the Internet, the Indian media ran a misconstrued story about the group, giving the impression that Pakistani youth were turning away from Islam due to the rising extremism and militancy. However, the PAA rebuts that story and says that its members are not only former Muslims, but people who have left Christianity, Hinduism and other faiths as well.

“Extremism is not the primary reason why people leave Islam. But looking at recent converts, I can say that it has become one of the reasons why people start questioning the religion of their forefathers,” explains Hazrat NaKhuda, who personally believes that religion does not make sense in this age. “Most people are following the beliefs of their parents and have no reason to proclaim that what they have is the truth. Once one realises that, it is fairly simple,” he adds.

:fear:

@KeyboardWarrior  hope you dont have this dangerous combo .. keep your head safe bro :phehe:

https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2011/09/17/being-pakistani-and-atheist-a-dangerous-combo-but-some-ready-to-brave-it/

31 minutes ago, velu said:

brother, ( Praise be to Allah ) I am a Muslim. 

27 minutes ago, KeyboardWarrior said:

brother, ( Praise be to Allah ) I am a Muslim. 

frank question... if a random kid in a school in Pakistan says that he is an atheist... does he get outed immediately?... whats his life like...

have you seen anything like this in your school/college?

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Do you agree with the blasphemy laws in Pak?

It depends on the cases, it vary to cases, countries, school of thoughts in Islam ...

since 1947 till this day, no single person gt the death penalty due to blashphemy law in pak. 

1 minute ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

frank question... if a random kid in a school in Pakistan says that he is an atheist... does he get outed immediately?... whats his life like...

I have never seen anything like this in my childhood, so i cant say anything.

2 minutes ago, KeyboardWarrior said:

It depends on the cases, it vary to cases, countries, school of thoughts in Islam ...

since 1947 till this day, no single person gt the death penalty due to blashphemy law in pak. 

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/06/12/world/asia/pakistan-blasphemy-sentence.html

https://www.google.com/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/asia-bibi-christian-woman-executed-for-blasphemy-pakistan-islam-religious-laws-a7351291.html%3famp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2011/mar/02/salmaan-bhatti-blasphemy-assassination

41 minutes ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

Frank question. Do random people killing or perceived to be killing cows for food get slaughtered in India? Does he die an instant death or is he tortured? What's his life like? Oh wait....

1 hour ago, maniac said:

1 hour ago, maniac said:

While the 1st link I found due to some

googling...the asia bibi,Salman Taseer assasination was a international incident.... wonder how @KeyboardWarrior missed it...I guess being an analyst for the government of Pakistan helps

bhai meray, i am not govt of pakistan analyst at all, but i was in the defence studies, so you can say i am kinda defence analyst.

thre are many private org or semi- govt org and think tanks where a person can serve as defence analyst...

coming back to your post : 

as i said above, no one gt the "Death Penalty" since 1947 till this day according to the pak blasphemy law.

means no one gt the hanging till this day. 

about salman taseer , the bodyguard who murdered him got the Death Penalty.

means the bodyguard gt the hanging and he is now in his grave. he tkes the law in his hand and he got Death penalty. 

and about other incident where the mob justice doing all the act and take the law in there own hand. i am against the mob justice and anyone who takes the law in there own hand. 

the pak blasphemy law is ( kind of ) to protect from getting killed by mob. becoz its the responsibility of the Court to decide.

and it can be vary by case/country/school of thoughts.

49 minutes ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

Has another Pakistani ever confessed to you that he/she is an atheist and to keep it a secret?

well , i have never met any atheist in personal in pakistan, but i have met many non-pakistani atheist abroad.

8 hours ago, The Outsider said:

Frank question. Do random people killing or perceived to be killing cows for food get slaughtered in India? Does he die an instant death or is he tortured? What's his life like? Oh wait....

I don't mind discussing cow lynching with him and even India media has recorded all the incidents about it, a simple Google search would do. But whereas information about Pak society especially about atheism and how their society deals with it is not easily available. But you have already decided that I was biased and launched a scathing attack on me... You are a senior member and if iam not wrong a founding member because I saw your posts way before 2006 when I started lurking here. Why are you behaving like a teenager? 

16 hours ago, The Outsider said:

Do you agree with beef laws in a lot of states in India?

Do you agree with animal laws, prevention of animal killing like Rhinos, black bucks, elephant, tiger, lion and other such animals? Do you agree with the arrest of this guy because he killed dogs?

http://indianexpress.com/article/cities/delhi/delhi-dog-killer-arrested-viral-video-news-2756582/

or this

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/other-states/two-arrested-for-attacking-dogs-at-shelter-in-punjab/article18577559.ece

Edited by rkt.india

16 hours ago, The Outsider said:

Do you agree with beef laws in a lot of states in India?

Beef law (i.e: Prohibition of cow slaughter) is there since 70 years except in few states like Kerala, TN, Bengal etc. Its even mentioned in the constitution written by Dr. Ambedkar and sanctioned by Jawahar Lal Nehru. So the people of India agreed to the law since its inception. If by anyway you are implying that BJP/Modi passed this law recently...you are deluded. Ofcourse the lynchings due to beef consumption is a big no no and our prime minister also did Kari ninda. But for you guys to always bring the beef law and somehow give an impression that BJP brought that law is factually incorrect.

Surely you are a AAP supporter? :giggle:

6 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Have you been a victim of Indian attacks lately by few members of the ICF forum?

victim ? no no no, i dont play victim card, instead if someone try to attack me thn i will make him/her The Victim.

i go with the tit for tat policy.

if someone trying to troll me or abuse me thn he will face with equal troll or abuse in response. 

and if someone gves me the respect, i will give him/her the respect in return. 

Edited by KeyboardWarrior