Pakistan Discussion Thread

KeyboardWarrior

^ There are so many 4-5 year old kids I've seen while hiking. Some of them will develop an early interest and graduate to mountaineering. When attempted with proper training and equipment' date=' mountaineering is just like any other sport.[/quote'] Extreme reaction maybe. Hiking is different from mountaineering (with need for oxygen etc.) But a lot of parents (like the crazy ones in the video posted) do push their kids to do extraordinary stuff without realizing it's odd for young kids to do such stuff. WHat's to say whether kids enjoy doing it. They might do a lot of such things because they want to keep their parents happy or impress them.

Extreme reaction maybe. Hiking is different from mountaineering (with need for oxygen etc.) But a lot of parents (like the crazy ones in the video posted) do push their kids to do extraordinary stuff without realizing it's odd for young kids to do such stuff. WHat's to say whether kids enjoy doing it. They might do a lot of such things because they want to keep their parents happy or impress them.
It's possible that this particular kid might have been pushed - that certainly is not right. And I also agree that kids should be doing this only with their interest, not to mention proper precautions and training. But to demand a blanket action against all parents is not right either. PS: Oxygen will not be needed for a 6000 meter peak. I have no idea of the difficulty level of this particular peak, but when I was in California there was news of some 8-9 year old kids climbing Shasta every year, which though difficult by hiking standards is not really a technical climb. If the peak does not involve any free climbing and oxygen use, I don't think it's any more of a physical risk than the tough regimens kids follow in gymnastics and swimming, for example.

4 hours ago, Asim said:

Never bothered to watch shows of this anchor, Im not sure he's still same or what but had worst ethics when up "against" any Pak guest... He thinks "Not giving any free second to respond = making them speechless"...

He is among the best anchors. That is his style.  He does not accept people going off topic, not being to the point, making speeches, not being factual, etc.

PS below he takes on VVIP culture:

Edited by rett

Back on topic:

Link  - Debate: #FreeBalochistan: Global movement to expose Pakistan

Must watch :hatsoff:  .... Highlights:

• Atrocities carried out by Pak in Balochistan (Equivalent to exploitation of Jews by Nazi Germany)
  • What a proud Baloch calls Pak generals
  • The definition of Baloch in many of the school text books in Pak

Edited by rett

How is he the best anchor when he does not even allow people to express their opinion and debate? Just shouting and forcing your views on others does not make someone a good anchor

8 hours ago, tdigi said:

I don't like Arnab Goswami's style. Raises his voice and shouts too much during live debates. Here's an interview he conducted with Raj Thackeray. Arnab had no chance here.... :cantstop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1xAuuh58Fc

He has always been polite in all his one on one interviews

On 3/31/2016 at 11:18 PM, Asim said:

Never bothered to watch shows of this anchor, Im not sure he's still same or what but had worst ethics when up "against" any Pak guest... He thinks "Not giving any free second to respond = making them speechless"...

Oh no....that is not some special treatment for Pak guests ....that is the way he treat all  his guest .That Is Arnab:facepalm:

The seven participants due to represent Pakistan at next month’s Rio Olympics have all been given wildcard entries and stand “no chance” of winning medals, according to Arif Hasan, the Pakistan Olympic Association president.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/other-sports/sport-in-pakistan-hits-low-point-qualifying-debacle-looms/story-lFqZRSwN7eiw1xy2Hug2hO.html