Our power hitters in Loi's!! Who are they?

13 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

I dunno how you can say so emphatically? Also a player has to be supported but this is a professional sport n at some point accountability has to be there so there should be a balance, in India reputation n nepotism n non professional behavior precedes accountability, be it from management, selectors n captain or players.

You if I remember are based in US East coast? I have played as well , for division , that's the reason why it's more baffling when you rate Bhuvi as a good test bowler n not a second change in certain conditions or don't see what Pandya offers n straightaway say he has no pedigree?

Also I never said Pandya should be dropped. I have said that since the process pandya(PP) has already started, we need to try him and then see how he goes here. If it does not work, then does not work.

I am just being blunt here that I do not personally like the line he bowls and that will be scored plenty of runs of when he comes to bowl. I am not saying to drop him straight away.  But yeah, I am not a huge fam of his bowling or batting and I will not select him in my team for now at least. 

Pandya  has yet to get a proper audition as a batsman.   People are too quick to write him off as a batsman. He is as likely to succeed in international cricket with the bat as, say, a Kedar Jadhav.  I'm under no illusions about his flaws, but let's be fair. He had one opportunity to win a game with the bat and came close.  Committed a shot selection error with the adrenalin pumping and the finish line in sight.  Its an error not a crime.  

People are clamoring for  that big hitter down the order and yet are unwilling to consider the high risk high inconsistency nature of that role. 

The fact that we have a prospect who can hit the long ball, as well as give you a seam bowling option is a rare thing for Team India.  He hasn't even been given a proper run in ODIs yet, let alone an extended rope.  

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Pandya  has yet to get a proper audition as a batsman.   People are too quick to write him off as a batsman. He is as likely to succeed in international cricket with the bat as, say, a Kedar Jadhav.  I'm under no illusions about his flaws, but let's be fair. He had one opportunity to win a game with the bat and came close.  Committed a shot selection error with the adrenalin pumping and the finish line in sight.  Its an error not a 

To be honest other than a nutcase :p: like me,  I think above your post, pretty much everyone is wanting Pandya to play or is a big fan of Pandya or at least consider him a good all rounder prospect.

I am the only one perhaps who is being conservative and is being stingy on this but have my reasons and have explained it.

Time for the Lord of the Ring Pandya to come out and show the world what he got so we can say "Pandya ban gaya Gentleman."

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

Depending on conditins will either play extra bowler.

If spin conditions I would like to give chance to Negi. Wasn't tried in 50 overs and dropped after just 1 twenty20 game where he bowled fine with 4 overs for 16 runs and a wicket. How absurd is that?

My order 7-11 will look like this

Negi, Ashwin, Jadeja, Bhuvi, Bumrah

If seam conditons

I will replace Ashwin with a bowler like Sandeep Sharma.

So order 7-1 becomes 

Negi, Jadeja, Bhuvi, S.Sharma/Shami, Bumrah

on top I will open with Rahul amd Dhawan.

So team to win champions trophy final is released below:-

Dhawan

Rahul

Kohli

Dhoni

Pandey

Raina

Negi

Jadeja

BhuvI

Sandeep Sharma

Bumrah

Negi, Raina and Jadeja together can really score fast.

And also if Dhawan and Kohli get out early, I will send Raina early to join Rahul to keep left right combo going and will bring Dhoni down. So we still have the hitter plus have a left-right going to annoy the opposition.

Squad will also have Rishab Pant deoending on how he does in India-Eng series. 

So, Shami...the best pacer in  our history in ODIs. misses out to an uncapped  " diibby-dobby whatever he is "   Sandeep Sharma......as does Rohit who has the habit of scoring big 100s and 200s on his day

Edited by express bowling
5 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

To be honest other than a nutcase :p: like me,  I think above your post, pretty much everyone is wanting Pandya to play or is a big fan of Pandya or at least consider him a good all rounder prospect.

I am the only one perhaps who is being conservative and is being stingy on this but have my reasons and have explained it.

Time for the Lord of the Ring Pandya to come out and show the world what he got so we can say "Pandya ban gaya Gentleman."

OK man let me punt now, if other then eventualities like injuries, or no support from management or him becoming a Kambli, I see this kid having a great future, n I'm willing to announce that, hope he plays more under Virat in both formats n you will see what he has, as I do recognize his potential n what he brings into the team.

Pandya will be a good investment in the Indian team n I also see him play for India in tests.

Now Bhuvi unless he improves his stamina n pace will just be a stop gap n never be a good test bowler or a 1 or 2 bowler for India. In tests especially if SA or NZ is not you home country you will struggle if you bowl at 125 to 132 k on ave.

Also I agree with Hussain, Atherton , Richards ,Beefy as they have described Shami n Umesh as the most pro using new ball attack they have ever seen from India , now if you have played for the US team or faced , F Rose or other players who have played for US you will know what pace is n how much of a difference at 145 k bowler who is athletic, can swing n reverse make, yes he is a bit slow learner but can we blame him, being from Vidharba, no support, infrastructure, age group cricket but he is a pure natural, n his last series has been markedly different, accuracy, without compromising pace, good use of short ball n bowling good areas n if you think a bowler with all this in a country who thru history never had a fast bowler is not good enough then I wonder.

Shami fits in a niche and that is all conditions skillful bowler

Umesh USP a fast bowler who can ball fast all day n a big heart, n I can say maybe there are not more then two bowlers in India like him .

BK has his USP in seam friendly wkts as a third seamer

Ishant , Aaron. , Nathu, Aniket, Sangwan ,Sran are others who can be inducted.

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

You just read the team and did not read the post. Read again please Shami is part of the team. Either can be picked.

Sorry to say that , I donot agree with your team as well

Raina is a spent force n it's not a few games , he has lost him game, the short ball has taken a toll n now he cannot move decisively n waiting for short ball every delivery, no more the unafraid, free flowing stroker with a lovely hitting arc on both sides

Negi?

S Sharma and Bhuvi both medium pacers n similar kind bowlers

N ignoring I dias best bowler?

No Rohit.

Don't understand the selections or accumen behind a few players selection.

16 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

You just read the team and did not read the post. Read again please Shami is part of the team. Either can be picked.

I don't see any cricketing logic in the " either "

Captains of India, whether it is Kohli or Dhoni, do not want dibbly-dobbly seamers.  Bhuvi was left out of the Asia  Cup 11 by Dhoni   ( and I think he is a good LOI seamer )   which was being played on green tracks offering swing....which featured Nehra, Bumrah and Hardik.......   captains of India don't want dibbly-dobbly seamers but fans don't seem to understand it.

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

Dhawan

Rahul

Kohli

Dhoni

Pandey

Raina

Negi

Jadeja

BhuvI

Sandeep Sharma

Bumrah

And also if Dhawan and Kohli get out early, I will send Raina early to join Rahul to keep left right combo going and will bring Dhoni down. So we still have the hitter plus have a left-right going to annoy the opposition.

1. Negi :laugh1::laugh1:..........Ideal bowler who cud be smacked for 80 runs in 10 overs. If he could only complete his 10 overs that would be an achievment. I guarantee u with negi he would the diff btw two sides, n ours would be the loosing. Also is he as good fielder as pandya specially in Deep. 

2. Where is Rohit sharma??????????????

3. Raina, Pandey , Negi - Weekest Weekest Weekest of the lower orders. Raina the evergreen failure and pandey has been struggling off lately , then u have added Negi who will find out its diff to hit on indian pitches then on Eng pitches against Quality bowling lineup (if ur willing to give an excuse that ipl has international bowler, well there is mostly one bowler)

4. Sandeep sharma- Its easy to bowl yorkers when u have to bowl 4 overs only but bowling 10 overs with 50 overs fielding under international pressure is a diff game. 

5. Negi n sandeep sharma what have they even done to warrant a place in upcoming champions trophy .

6. Where is Shami in 11.????????????? He has to play if he is there. He cant be benched over anyone. HE is a complete bowler which bumrah n bhuvi arent.

7. Negi, Raina, Pandey will score quick and get out more quickly.

8. Ull send raina up, how many times dhoni has done that and shot himself in the foot

9. Jadeja Negi two left arm spinners .......out of which negi wont be able to complete his overs and then its upto squeezing overs from Raina. 

10. 5 bowlers out of which two are extremely Inexp. 

11. Pandya the guy who got Man of the match in his 1st game, excellent fielder and one of the best tonkers of the ball in India doesnt find a place to go to England. 

Logic ki Aisi ki Taisi

This squad has one of the most weekest indian batting lineup i have seen. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
43 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

Sorry to say that , I donot agree with your team as well

Raina is a spent force n it's not a few games , he has lost him game, the short ball has taken a toll n now he cannot move decisively n waiting for short ball every delivery, no more the unafraid, free flowing stroker with a lovely hitting arc on both sides

Negi?

S Sharma and Bhuvi both medium pacers n similar kind bowlers

N ignoring I dias best bowler?

No Rohit.

Don't understand the selections or accumen behind a few players selection.

Rohit is not available for India england. So this is more of india vs england team since that is what is coming first but I will play a similar team when Champions trophy comes around. May be replacing Rohit with Dhawan or who knows, may be Rahul. Whoever is batting better that time

40 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I don't see any cricketing logic in the " either "

Captains of India, whether it is Kohli or Dhoni, do not want dibbly-dobbly seamers.  Bhuvi was left out of the Asia  Cup 11 by Dhoni   ( and I think he is a good LOI seamer )   which was being played on green tracks offering swing....which featured Nehra, Bumrah and Hardik.......   captains of India don't want dibbly-dobbly seamers but fans don't seem to understand it.

Bhuvi isn't dibbly dobbly. You care so much for Pandya's bowling when Bhuvi bowls about similar pace. It is not that Pandya is bowling faster like Starc. 

31 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

1. Negi :laugh1::laugh1:..........Ideal bowler who cud be smacked for 80 runs in 10 overs. If he could only complete his 10 overs that would be an achievment. I guarantee u with negi he would the diff btw two sides, n ours would be the loosing. Also is he as good fielder as pandya specially in Deep. 

2. Where is Rohit sharma??????????????

3. Raina, Pandey , Negi - Weekest Weekest Weekest of the lower orders. Raina the evergreen failure and pandey has been struggling off lately , then u have added Negi who will find out its diff to hit on indian pitches then on Eng pitches against Quality bowling lineup (if ur willing to give an excuse that ipl has international bowler, well there is mostly one bowler)

4. Sandeep sharma- Its easy to bowl yorkers when u have to bowl 4 overs only but bowling 10 overs with 50 overs fielding under international pressure is a diff game. 

5. Negi n sandeep sharma what have they even done to warrant a place in upcoming champions trophy .

6. Where is Shami in 11.????????????? He has to play if he is there. He cant be benched over anyone. HE is a complete bowler which bumrah n bhuvi arent.

7. Negi, Raina, Pandey will score quick and get out more quickly.

8. Ull send raina up, how many times dhoni has done that and shot himself in the foot

9. Jadeja Negi two left arm spinners .......out of which negi wont be able to complete his overs and then its upto squeezing overs from Raina. 

10. 5 bowlers out of which two are extremely Inexp. 

11. Pandya the guy who got Man of the match in his 1st game, excellent fielder and one of the best tonkers of the ball in India doesnt find a place to go to England. 

Logic ki Aisi ki Taisi

This squad has one of the most weekest indian batting lineup i have seen. 

Sharma is a bowler for English conditions. We can try him there, though will have to use him for home games first. Shami and Bumrah and Bhuvi are of course our first choice seamers.

Sharma has to be in the loop when going over seas in England especially.

Rohit Shamra is not part of the coming India vs England series other wise he will be sure started, ahead of Dhawan for now.

But who knows what happens in England and by the time champions trophy comes around, may be Sharma is still not ready. 

10 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Sharma is a bowler for English conditions. We can try him there, though will have to use him for home games first. Shami and Bumrah and Bhuvi are of course our first choice seamers.

Sharma has to be in the loop when going over seas in England especially.

Rohit Shamra is not part of the coming India vs England series other wise he will be sure started, ahead of Dhawan for now.

But who knows what happens in England and by the time champions trophy comes around, may be Sharma is still not ready. 

Sandeep sharma- english condition bowler, i think u really need to watch recent cricket games. Eng has flat batting pattas in odi and Sandeep wud smashed to all corner. Go n check recent scores in Odi series. 

Get the myth of swinging english condition out when ur talking about Odi's there

So Rohit sharma if not fit in Jan means cant play after 6 mnths. What logic is that. Btw Rohit sharma has already started training. 

45 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Sandeep sharma- english condition bowler, i think u really need to watch recent cricket games. Eng has flat batting pattas in odi and Sandeep wud smashed to all corner. Go n check recent scores in Odi series. 

Get the myth of swinging english condition out when ur talking about Odi's there

So Rohit sharma if not fit in Jan means cant play after 6 mnths. What logic is that. Btw Rohit sharma has already started training. 

Flat wicket it but that doesn't mean swing can go out. Swing can still survive.

and let's forget the word flat. As these days, every country has flat wickets for ODIs. Runs are being scored everywhere in ODI's. 

I am not applying any logic. I just put a random team out of players who I have in the squad and assuming Rohit is injured.  He will start ahead for now. But if he is not ready till april, And Rahul and Dhawan are doing well as openers, then Rohit can't just directly play in Champions trophy ahead of Dhawan. He might play ahead of someone else who is struggling that time as Dhawan in England needs to play. He was our highest scorer earlier too there. 

So order 7-1 becomes 

Negi, Jadeja, Bhuvi, S.Sharma/Shami, Bumrah

on top I will open with Rahul amd Dhawan.

So team to win champions trophy final is released below:-

Dhawan

Rahul

Kohli

Dhoni

Pandey

Raina

Negi

Jadeja

BhuvI

Sandeep Sharma

Bumrah

Squad will also have Rishab Pant deoending on how he does in India-Eng series. 

So for the CT final u will drop Rohit one of our best batsmen and arguably the best opener in international cricket.The lower order is incredibly weak with Negi a glorified slogger at 7 as well.Atleast Pandya is a top order bat for Baroda has played some cracking innings in SM trophy .

Sandeep sharma ahead of Shami our best pacer.The likes of Sandeep sharma wouldn't even get into our first team squad honestly.I can't even remember last time he was part of our squad.

I get it u like bowlers who can maintain control but just control isn't enough in odi cricket. Pace and vareity are far more important factors .Even then Shami is our best bowler even when it comes to control. Remember the last CT when we regularly used the pace of Ishant and Umesh to pick key wickets in middle overs .Both Bhuvi and Sandeep sharma would be pretty much useless in middle overs .

Then u pick two left arm spinners meaning zero variety.Basically 2 swing bowlers and 2 left darting spinners .Pretty poor one dimensional bowling attack as well apart from Bumrah.Very weak batting order considering Negi is at 7.

Really don't understand the logic behind this honestly.

7 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

But if he is not reary till april, And Dahul and Dhawan are dping srll as openers, then Rohit can just directly play in Champions trophy ahead of Dhawan. He moght play ahead of someone else who is struggling that time as Dhawan in England needs to play. He was our highest scorer earlier too there. 

Cheers Cricketics :beer: I am drunk too :beer-bottle::p:

Just now, BeautifulGame said:

So for the CT final u will drop Rohit one of our best batsmen and arguably the best opener in international cricket.The lower order is incredibly weak with Negi a glorified slogger at 7 as well.Atleast Pandya is a top order bat for Baroda has played some cracking innings in SM trophy .

Sandeep sharma ahead of Shami our best pacer.The likes of Sandeep sharma wouldn't even get into our first team squad honestly.I can't even remember last time he was part of our squad.

I get it u like bowlers who can maintain control but just control isn't enough in odi cricket. Pace and vareity are far more important factors .Even then Shami is our best bowler even when it comes to control. Remember the last CT when we regularly used the pace of Ishant and Umesh to pick key wickets in middle overs .Both Bhuvi and Sandeep sharma would be pretty much useless in middle overs .

Then u pick two left arm spinners meaning zero variety.Basically 2 swing bowlers and 2 left darting spinners .Pretty poor one dimensional bowling attack as well apart from Bumrah.Very weak batting order considering Negi is at 7.

Really don't understand the logic behind this honestly.

Don't want to say again and again. But here again even thougj I wrote above thrice. If Rohit is fit, he should play but that team is more of combination of England series coming up and players who need to feature in champions trophy. Since Rohit is not available, I haven't picked him.

Ideally, I would like to fit Pant for even Raina or someone in that team, but it needs to be seen if he is even picked in this India vs Eng series. 

Bhuvi isn't dibbly dobbly. You care so much for Pandya's bowling when Bhuvi bowls about similar pace. It is not that Pandya is bowling faster like Starc. 

Actually Pandya bowls at a faster pace than Bhuvi.He was regularly clicking 140+ in the NZL Odis and swinging the new ball nicely .

Obviously Bhuvi is a far skillful bowler but in terms of pace Pandya is definitely faster and bowls a very good bouncer as well.

Don't want to say again and again. But here again even thougj I wrote above thrice. If Rohit is fit, he should play but that team is more of combination of England series coming up and players who need to feature in champions trophy. Since Rohit is not available, I haven't picked him.

Ideally, I would like to fit Pant for even Raina or someone in that team, but it needs to be seen if he is even picked in this India vs Eng series. 

To be fair u mentioned it the team for CT final .That's why it was confusing .

Read it later fair enough but still don't agree with the bowling line up though.