Virat Kohli appointed captain of India ODI team

Will he continue and make a remarkable turn around in shorter format like he did in test, will he be succesful  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Virat be India's best captain ever

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Too early to say that. If anyone I have sene who can captain mulitple teams without losing his touch than it i just him, ponting and Hansie Cronje.

Punter's form dipped when he was getting old.

Virat is still too young and also is extremely fit, agile on the field(only when not feilding at slip) and probably the only guy in the world who can pump up his whole team with his performance right now along with Mitchell Starc who has  the similar ability to pump his team up from no where with his performance.

Virat will do fine in all formats.

I am not worried about him losing his touch, i am worried that after 3-4 years, he will be burnt out from playing 40+ matches/year. 

1 minute ago, Muloghonto said:

I am not worried about him losing his touch, i am worried that after 3-4 years, he will be burnt out from playing 40+ matches/year. 

Good concern to have but regardles of that , just like Tendulkar, he will remain vital cog of our batting line up and would have to play every game. So captain or not captain, he will have to play regardless. So I rather have him as captain then not.

We can allways have another young captain for tours like Zimbabwe etc.

21 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Good concern to have but regardles of that , just like Tendulkar, he will remain vital cog of our batting line up and would have to play every game. So captain or not captain, he will have to play regardless. So I rather have him as captain then not.

We can allways have another young captain for tours like Zimbabwe etc.

But Tendulkar didnt have to dedicate an extra six weeks per year to IPL + another 10-15 T20 matches. Remember, by the time IPL came around, Tendy cut down on his LOI matches and played like 10-15 of them. Tendy also played 5-6 tests per year for the first 5-6 years of his career. 

Ultimately i want to see Virat play till he is 37-38, not 34-35 if he burns out...

Edited by Muloghonto
6 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

But Tendulkar didnt have to dedicate an extra six weeks per year to IPL + another 10-15 T20 matches. Remember, by the time IPL came around, Tendy cut down on his LOI matches and played like 10-15 of them. Tendy also played 5-6 tests per year for the first 5-6 years of his career. 

Surely the work load is more now but then same way Kohli seems more fitter than Tendulkar even after more work load and Kohli also looks more prepared as he has been doing it for a while now. I have not seen Kohli cramping and stuff that often compared to Tendulkar who at similar age was fit but not as fit as Kohli. I remember he used to have injury issues and would cramp for example in chennai test when he was about just 26 years.

Kohli looks like he will at least stay well in shape and won't feel the affect of old age at least till he reach 34-35, just because of his fitness routine. Kohli is still good 6-7 years away from touching 34-35.

15 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Surely the work load is more now but then same way Kohli seems more fitter than Tendulkar even after more work load and Kohli also looks more prepared as he has been doing it for a while now. I have not seen Kohli cramping and stuff that often compared to Tendulkar who at similar age was fit but not as fit as Kohli. I remember he used to have injury issues and would cramp for example in chennai test when he was about just 26 years.

Kohli looks like he will at least stay well in shape and won't feel the affect of old age at least till he reach 34-35, just because of his fitness routine. Kohli is still good 6-7 years away from touching 34-35.

I don't think burnout is just about being fit/not fit. There is a mental component to it as well. Trott was pretty fit but burned out. I just think that if he isn't captain in all 3 formats,it will be easy to rotate him. Kohli is your classic 'follow me, soldiers & then leads the charge himself' type of captain. he isn't going to sit out matches to 'recharge' and its much harder for management to rotate out the captain than any other player.

if he doesnt burn out, all the power to him, but i just don't think its a chance India should take.

12 hours ago, sandeep said:

Banjo I added you to my ignore list, looks like thats not working at all. :)

On your post, I'm not sure why or who you are clubbing me with - I will be all for dropping Dhoni if he doesn't perform in the next 6-7 ODIs he plays.  You clearly have all kinds of unresolved issues about the past with some posters who seem to have ripped you a few new ones.  Let it go already.  

Abbe hypocrite, you had no problem when other says thing about other players but get a tingling in your nether regions when Dhoni is mentioned. You think your passive aggressive posts in every Dhoni/Kohli threads are fooling anyone? My advice is, stop whining every time someone says anything about your beloved Dhoni. What the hell is a banjo?

Edited by New guy
3 hours ago, Viper said:

Only funny thing is how you  missed out how so called god is kicked  out after shameful  SELFISH innings that cost India the match lol.. 

You are use the word process  as much as you want.. Lets see what new one says after we start loosing matches.. Why do you expect any captain to say lol over 9 years. If you support Indian media then you got to be the biggest ch@#t and funny "thinking about himself" coming out of people like you  and the ones you support who always put selfish innings ahead of Teams interest..

It's also funny how a dude who flips off crowd is well mannered than anyone guy. 

Exactly  what sandeep said... 

You know the best part? Every time Dhoni loses, his fans blames the poor bowling and cry their heart out. Yet a clearly struggling batsman, for once in his innings struggled to put bat on ball. And then we forgot that any team and captain should have defended 294 against Bangla of all people. To me, it shows the complete duplicity of Dhoni fans once again. This time bowlers are not blamed? And one of the biggest reasons Dhoni fans are so vocal about that innings is to protect their beloved Dhoni from being accountable for not being able to defend 294 against Bangladesh. If Sachin should have been kicked out for struggling in an innings (where Virat did struggle more than him) then Dhoni should have been kicked out for failing to defend 294 against Bangla. 

And then Dhoni fans wonder why he is targeted now?  From Sachin, Dravid, Laxman, Ganguly, Gambhir, Yuvraj, Sehwag pathetic Dhoni fans have targeted each and every Indian player and abused them to make Dhoni seem better. But now people like @sandeep and you cannot stop whining and crying in every thread about Dhoni. What does this tell about you people? You cannot for a moment respect fans of any other player at all. But now the shoe is on the other foot you want respect for your player

Edited by New guy

Dhoni had lost his spark about three to four years back, he started playing percentage cricket very early on n eschewed the strokes he was very successful for partly he compromised because of his captaincy n went for percentages n lost his game, mentally he should have been like Kohli n played his own way n groom youngsters to finish n he never tried that until now, he was never a good test bat or captain from day one but was a very good Odi bat.

He never contributed to the growth of his team in terms of building bench strength, identifying players, looking for players to fill required composition, never pro active.

I doubt he will be half the batsmen he ever was , same with Raina , Yuvi.

Dhoni found out it's too apparent n he cannot hide anymore or get unopposed support for his failures as Capt with changes in BCCI n resigned as captain, pretty soon he should be out of team as well, also shame on selectors as they could not make a pragmatic decisions also their recent selection show their muddled thinking picking up proven failures like VK n co for A team lol.

Edited by MCcricket
Abbe hypocrite, you had no problem when other says thing about other players but get a tingling in your nether regions when Dhoni is mentioned. You think your passive aggressive posts in every Dhoni/Kohli threads are fooling anyone? My advice is, stop whining every time someone says anything about your beloved Dhoni. What the hell is a banjo?

The irony of this post :lmao:

5871192a4af32_images(7).jpg.2eb665d714ff

19 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

BCCI should see to it that if they make anyone an all-format captain then he should not be a captain in the IPL.

Managing player burnout is very important and not doing so is lack of foresight.

BCCI should see to it that if they make anyone an all-format captain then he should not be a captain in the IPL.

Managing player burnout is very important and not doing so is lack of foresight.

These are simply not realistic though .IPL is arguably the biggest route to stardom in Indian cricket and not captaining his IPL will hurt their ego and pride badly.When his peers will be enjoying all the acclodes and sponsors.

Same with the suggestion of one day and T20s .

Kohli just gave a interview yesterday stating that leading India to the world cup in 2019 will be his greatest achievement of life.He isn't going to give up the chance of that because he may fear burn out .

BCCI forcing this will only bring disharmony within the team imo